Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 165 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In addition to these problems, my "PC" lettered copy of Dracula also has serious damage to the frontispiece artwork page (water damage?)....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch! So much for quality control.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice surprise when I got home today. This arrived from Australia today from Grant (Bad Penny). Beautiful book with probably now my favourite and best remarques. I have never had dealings with Grant but I have heard he is a great guy. It must be devastating for him to sell his collection, I know I would be. I hope he is well, I wish him all the best and I hope he knows this book, plus the other three I bought, are at / or going to a good home!!

There's maybe a hint of light at the end of the tunnel - Another ticked off the list of S/L and lettereds - problem is most the remaining ones are Really, Really expensive.

Stephen King - Colorado Kid - UK PS 'Lettered' Chadbourne Edition 8/33 (3x Full Page Remarques By Glenn Chadbourne)

Last edited by jonp; 01-02-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's an awesome book! I love The Glenn Chadbourne remarques, they are absolutely stunning!!!

Does anyone know why Grant is selling his book collection? I have seen Grant's collection page and all of his books are simply to die for. I could never part with any of those books if I owned them!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Tim, I love the Remarques also. I think I will go through Glenn direct to get future Remarques rather than CD, if this is quality you get.
    I'm not sure about Grant selling his collection.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful book (and remarques) Jon. Grant is indeed a top bloke. I bought a "Fluffy" from Creepshow and some Clay Guy figures from him a few months back.
    Wish he'd pop into the forum more. He's missed round here.

Any way I'm sure he'll appreciate his wares going to like-minded folk here on the forum. Congrats on the great purchase!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Alan. Grant certainly packs well! Arrived in huge box with Australia stickers on it. The book is tiny but it was triple-boxed with bubble wrap around each. It was just as well as the outer box was little beat up.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I got a spotless 1st UK edition of Four Past Midnight and an accompanying Four Past Midnight Hodder and Stoughton Promo Pack. The pack came in an A4-sized illustrated cut-out Demon Folder which contained a King Profile, Hodder Factsheet, a Proof Dustjacket, promo card and copies of Newspaper adverts and articles.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Those are awesome! Congrats!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hodder did some great promo packages. I like it!

John

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, I really like those.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE !!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah those are great looking, Jon. Congrats!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive!!! Congrats.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Guys.

After reevaluating my collecting goals I have decided to part with a large portion of my book collection. I am only going to, from now on, concentrate on my Stephen King and Joe Hill collections and still buy Dean Koontz's UK 1sts. Therefore, I will be selling my Peter Straub, Clive Barker and Ramsey Campbell Collections. I also have individual Ray Bradbury and Tim Powers lettered books. If there are any books in my collection you've seen by those authors you want, just PM me. Please note I am UK based ( BUT I will split any postage costs Worldwide). I will put up a list of books later.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have decided to put all my Clive Barker (apart from S/L Mister B. Gone, Great and Secret Show, and Hellbound Heart) and all Peter Straub books on eBay over the next few days. Plus some Ray Bradbury, Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Tim Powers. They will be listed under the eBay user name fenpad.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck with your new collecting focus.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got myself another promo presentation pack today of The Dark Half, it included a spotless 1st UK edition, a Presentation Proof Copy, an accompanying Hodder and Stoughton Promo Pack. The pack came in an A4+-sized illustrated folder in the shape of George Stark's Gravestone which contained a King Profile, Hodder Factsheet, a Proof Dustjacket and promo card.
    There was included a Publisher's Promo Audio Cassette Tape of Dark Half Excerpts read by British Actor Anthony Valentine (just need to fish out my cassette deck to play it).
    With this pack I have now doubled the size of my King Proof / ARC collection.

Does anybody know if there are any other books that these UK presentation packs were produced for, as I have only seen Four Past Midnight and The Dark Half?

Stephen King - The Dark Half - UK 1st/1st

The Dark Half - UK Presentation Proof Copy

The Dark Half - Hodder And Stoughton Promo Presentation Pack

The Dark Half Excerpts - UK Promo Cassette Tape

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Apart from The Dark Half Proof above this is my only other SK proof

Stephen King - Rose Madder - US Proof

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE, this Dark Half promo pack is still missing in my Dark Half collection....

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really nice package, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE the Dark Half package. The UK cover is one of my all-time favourites. The proof looks unread. Great stuff!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Does anybody know if there are any other books that these UK presentation packs were produced for, as I have only seen Four Past Midnight and The Dark Half?
    The only similar thing I can think of is this: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...%2Bthe%2Bpower

But it's not the same and I doubt it is really associated with Twice the Power.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Frank, Racer and Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    The only similar thing I can think of is this: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...%2Bthe%2Bpower

But it's not the same and I doubt it is really associated with Twice the Power.
    I spotted that, it's the same seller I got the two promo packs from. The books I got from him in the past have been in really nice condition. Unread like the Dark Half Proof! Apart from surface wear on the rear cover, it is in amazing condition. The 1st is like it is brand new straight of the bookstore shelf!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My spreadsheet shows that I own UK promo packages for both the paperback edition of Lisey's Story and DTV-Wolves of the Calla. I'll have to dig them out and see just what they contain. I also own the UK promo packages for The Dark Half and Twice the Power. I'm just not sure where I put them all.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 165 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast