Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 165 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Wonderful, Jon. You are up there with Bob and John H on the proof front!!
    Thanks Alan. Don't forget Paul, he has more proofs than me as well as Bob and John H.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course! Sorry Paul. And Michaël and.....

You guys all have a LOT of proofs!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Never seen that UK Misery. Jon, I don't recall seeing a photo how you display all of your proofs - are they among your other collectibles?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Awesome. Never seen that UK Misery. Jon, I don't recall seeing a photo how you display all of your proofs - are they among your other collectibles?
    Thanks Antoni. I have a dedicated 'proof / manuscript' bookcase. Currently has four and half filled shelves.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thanks Antoni. I have a dedicated 'proof / manuscript' bookcase. Currently has four and half filled shelves.
    Is there a photo here on your thread? If not, I'd love to see it posted sometime

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a photo here on your thread? If not, I'd love to see it posted sometime
    This was my beginning of year update - the proof shelves photos are seriously out of date.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post969114

Country
    Country Flag

This was my beginning of year update - the proof shelves photos are seriously out of date.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post969114
    Yes! Awesome... Thanks Jon. You have an incredible collection.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Alan. Don't forget Paul, he has more proofs than me as well as Bob and John H.
    Mike Pasiuk and Gerald Winters have a few proofs as well... but my guess is you're definitely closing in on the Top 5 (assuming that most big proof collectors are on here)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Having had the honour of seeing Jon's collection 1st hand, I am amazed he has found space for all the latest acquisitions...
    I'm picturing some sort of gravity defying shelves, magnetically attached to the ceiling!!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! Awesome... Thanks Jon. You have an incredible collection.
    Thank you very much, Antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Mike Pasiuk and Gerald Winters have a few proofs as well... but my guess is you're definitely closing in on the Top 5 (assuming that most big proof collectors are on here)
    There are many proof collectors to aspire to. One day I may have most but I've got a long way to go. At latest count, with expected new arrivals, I'm at approximately 115. There are some relatively easy-to-find ones that I haven't acquired yet, for example US proofs of Revival, Finders Keepers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Having had the honour of seeing Jon's collection 1st hand, I am amazed he has found space for all the latest acquisitions...
    I'm picturing some sort of gravity defying shelves, magnetically attached to the ceiling!!!
    The same old bookcases, no special gravity defying bookcases. Just selling lots of non-King books. I cleared out the bookcase full of PS titles to make way for the proofs. Only 2 out of the 8 bookcases now have non-King books in them.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. I'm really enjoying seeing your proof collection being built.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Jon. I'm really enjoying seeing your proof collection being built.
    Thanks Paul.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received this today, I was a bit surprised by Joe's signature not being on the limitation page but the title page.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK 1st/1st Goldsboro Books Signed limited Edition 195/350

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:06 AM.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice proofs, Jon! Those are two of my favorites!

It is a bit weird that The Fireman isn't signed on the limitation page, but it's still a nice book. Can't wait for mine to arrive (in another 3-4 weeks)!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice all around, Jon! I also have the Goldsboro on order.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I received this today, I was a bit surprised by Joe's signature not being on the limitation page but the title page.
    As the book is identical to the one being sold by Waterstones (same red edges) I would hazard a guess and say Joe signed a whole bunch and some went to Waterstones and some went to Goldsboro. Only Goldsboro went the extra mile and tipped in a limitation page afterwards.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice proofs, Jon! Those are two of my favorites!

It is a bit weird that The Fireman isn't signed on the limitation page, but it's still a nice book. Can't wait for mine to arrive (in another 3-4 weeks)!
    Thanks Dez. Btw something else is coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice all around, Jon! I also have the Goldsboro on order.
    Thanks Brian.

As the book is identical to the one being sold by Waterstones (same red edges) I would hazard a guess and say Joe signed a whole bunch and some went to Waterstones and some went to Goldsboro. Only Goldsboro went the extra mile and tipped in a limitation page afterwards.
    Hmm. I was thinking the same thing, even though I read somewhere (probably the Joe Hill thread) that they were signed last week. But I'm definitely thinking the same as you.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It's possible he either chose to or was asked to sign on the title page. Some of the Goldsboro limiteds are signed on the title page as opposed to the tip in.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    It's possible he either chose to or was asked to sign on the title page. Some of the Goldsboro limiteds are signed on the title page as supposed to the tip in.
    Thanks for the Information, Joe. The only other Goldsboro limiteds I have are the Cronin's which are signed on the limitation pages.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon for the supernice new books !!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice proof's Jon, nice Joe Hill too!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Jon for the supernice new books !!!
    Thanks Frank

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Very nice proof's Jon, nice Joe Hill too!
    Thanks Kevin.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The new Justin Cronin was released 2 days ago and it looks like there are four UK editions; the trade 1st, the 'Airport' TPB, a Waterstones edition with extra content and the Goldsboro S/L.

This is the Waterstones edition with an exclusive 3-page essay as an afterword titled 'How I finished The Passage Trilogy' by Justin Cronin. Strangely, all the Waterstones editions are second printings, I checked in three Waterstones stores and every copy was a 2nd printing. I do have an extra copy if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

Justin Cronin - The City Of Mirrors - UK 1st/2nd Waterstones Edition HB

This proof does not seem to have been produced in vast numbers but you can get them for a very reasonable price.

Justin Cronin - The City Of Mirrors - UK Advance Uncorrected Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:07 AM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A big thank you to Paul for getting these for me.

Stephen King - End Of Watch - US 1st/1st HB

Joe Hill - The Fireman - US 1st/1st HB Signed and Inscribed (with the lyric sheet)

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jon. Congrats!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 165 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast