Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 165 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Very nice. I like this better than the Carrie... You Jon?
    Thanks Kris, I also like Thinner better than Carrie. The design of the book and all the extras are identical to Carrie. I really like the artwork in Thinner especially the special lettered dustjacket art, hence my avatar.
    Just a niggle of the vulture on the traycase and book seems to me to be in the wrong place, off centre and slightly spoils the aesthetics. I'm sure King's signature is a fake on the limitation page, man his signature is getting bad!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    WOW !!!! Where is MY holy grail ???
    Thanks Shac. Do you mean this?

I have been after this one for a long time. I have occasionally seen them on eBay and at Betts but they seemed to me to be overpriced. This one a bought at the recent Camelot sale for issue price but it is a PC.

Joe Hill - NOS4R2 - US Lettered Edition (PC/26)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is !!! Beautiful congrats

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Yes it is !!! Beautiful congrats
    Thanks Shac.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love one of those! Gorgeous NOS4A2!!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was one of my Holy Grails for awhile. I wanted the N0S4A2 and Locke and Key set but then they stopped making Locke and Key so I lost a little interest... still an absolutely amazing production though.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks really nice Jon. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I'd love one of those! Gorgeous NOS4A2!!!
    Thanks Dez.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    That was one of my Holy Grails for awhile. I wanted the N0S4A2 and Locke and Key set but then they stopped making Locke and Key so I lost a little interest... still an absolutely amazing production though.
    Thanks Josh. I stopped with Locke & Key after SubPress stopped the series. I bought the three matching S/L and a lettered of Head Games but I haven't yet continued with the further IDW series releases. Joe the other week said he may write more Locke & Key comics in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That looks really nice Jon. Congratulations!
    Thanks Paul.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Stephen King - Thinner - UK Lettered Edition (C/26)

The Book and Traycase.

Stephen King - Thinner - UK Lettered Edition (C/26)

The Remarque Artwork French Flaps Booklet

Whoa!!! Very, very sweet acquisition, my friend!!!!! That's an extremely handsome looking production there!!! Those 'Remarques" are remarkable as well!!!

Did you realize that the DJ pic looks a lot like your "Avatar"???? Could there be a case for some copy right infringement?

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Whoa!!! Very, very sweet acquisition, my friend!!!!! That's an extremely handsome looking production there!!! Those 'Remarques" are remarkable as well!!!

Did you realize that the DJ pic looks a lot like your "Avatar"???? Could there be a case for some copy right infringement?

Spoiler:
    Thanks Bill, Yes, it's a very nice book! The resemblance is uncanny with the cover to my avatar. I'll sue!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With many thanks to Paul I now have a perfect copy of the US 1st of BOBD. I actually like the US cover better than the UK, which is unusual for me.

Stephen King - The Bazaar Of Bad Dreams - US 1st/1st HB

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice - Still waiting on Amazon to deliver mine...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Thanks Simon. I hope yours arrives soon. Is yours coming from Amazon.com or UK?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Thinner and the illustrations. Congrats.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon! Thanks for sharing. I really love those Thinner remarques too.
    I finally picked up a copy of BOBD at Costco last night and the DJ has the weirdest texture. I can imagine finding mint copies in the future may be an issue.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

.com. They honour best price at release date and I think shipping was negligible.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My UK copy arrived and it was bumped at one corner. Hopefully you have better luck Simon. They are sending out a replacement. Pleased to see the book arrived safely Jon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Love Thinner and the illustrations. Congrats.
    Thanks Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Congrats Jon! Thanks for sharing. I really love those Thinner remarques too.
    I finally picked up a copy of BOBD at Costco last night and the DJ has the weirdest texture. I can imagine finding mint copies in the future may be an issue.
    Thanks. Yes, the US edition has an odd texture to it. The UK version I think will fair even less well, as it is a white matt untreated/unlaminated paper dust jacket and it will easily pick-up dust and other stains.

.com. They honour best price at release date and I think shipping was negligible.
    I hope it arrives intact and soon!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    My UK copy arrived and it was bumped at one corner. Hopefully you have better luck Simon. They are sending out a replacement. Pleased to see the book arrived safely Jon.
    That's a bugger. Their packaging can be a bit suspect for intercontinental shipping. I hope the replacement arrives safely. At least you now have a reading copy (assuming you don't have to return it to the UK?!!!!).

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superbeautiful new books !!! CONGRATS Jon !!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Superbeautiful new books !!! CONGRATS Jon !!
    Thanks Frank.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the other 'Lettered' edition that arrived recently. Even though it is not strictly a lettered edition and more of a deluxe edition, it was produced in lettered edition quantities. I shelve these editions with my UK limiteds and not with the lettereds.

Stephen King - The Colorado Kid - UK 'Lettered' Deluxe Traycased Edition (J.K. Potter Artwork Edition) - Unnumbered/33 Printer's Copy

With the other two variants of the Deluxe Editions (the other two have actual numbers).

All my Colorado Kids. I do not collect gift / artist editions as a rule, so I am missing the PS Unsigned and Artist editions (and I probably do not intend getting them in the future). The top row are the 1st PB, 1st HB Large Print Edition and the PS Uncorrected Advance Proof, the middle row are the S/Ls signed by King and the bottom row are the Deluxe 'Lettered' editions also signed by King.

Last edited by jonp; 04-22-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great looking set of Colorado Kid deluxe editions!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection : jonp

Wow, that's great. Congratulations Jon. Sadly my Colorado Kid collection is rather poor. All I have is the paperback and the proof. I didn't even know about that large print hardcover edition.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

so I am missing the PS Unsigned and Artist editions (and I probably do not intend getting them in the future).
    There the only ones I have! between us we have a complete set!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very handsome, my British friend!!!

I have to agree with you on the BoBD. I too generally prefer the UK DJ's, but not in this instance. For a change the U.S. guys got a better handle on the DJ.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 165 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 ... LastLast