Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Fantastic, Bruce. Love the Sherlock meets the Martians book! Sounds like that could be fun or absolutely dreadful.
    Didn't know about the unofficial Serviss sequel. Any good?
    I would have loved to have gone the see TWOTW stage show, but the dates were inconvenient when it came to my local city.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't remember Invasion of Mars... so long ago & as for the TWOTW stage show you can get the dvd at Amazon U.K.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool stuff, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Many, many years ago, I think the first book I read, off my own back for enjoyment, was H.G. Wells' The War Of The Worlds. Since that day it has remained one of my favorite stories and I've been a little bit obsessed with related products ever since. I noticed a few weeks ago in Waterstones that a new sequel to The War of the Worlds had been written by Stephen Baxter, authorized by the H.G. Wells estate, and is titled The Massacre Of Mankind (released in the US on 08/22/17, 7 months after the UK). Previously, he had already written a sequel to The Time Machine for the H.G. Wells estate called The Time Ships. I am only half way through reading the story and I am really enjoying it, as it has been written in the same style as Wells.
    I also remember my Dad buying Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds Musical in the late seventies -- absolutely loved it and even now I periodically listen to it. I have bought a few versions of the CD, each time they add a few more tracks or re-record it!
    Unfortunately, there has never been a worthy movie or TV adaptation of the book.

Some of my War of the Worlds collection (Books, Collector's edition of the Musical and The Orson Welles Radio broadcast).

Stephen Baxter - The Massacre Of Mankind - UK 1st/1st HB

Stephen Baxter - The Massacre Of Mankind - UK Advance Uncorrected Manuscript Proof

Stephen Baxter - The Massacre Of Mankind - UK Slipcased Signed and Numbered Limited Edition - 22/100 (the slipcase is quite a bright yellow but is really washed out in the photo).

Just need the Exclusive Preview Sampler now
    Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is my favourite rock opera and is always played for any road trips.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very cool stuff, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds is my favourite rock opera and is always played for any road trips.
    I've been listening to it with reading The Massacre of Mandkind, to get me in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thanks Bill.

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Impressive Jon!
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, fantastic set Jon...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LokiJake View Post
    Impressive Jon!
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Oh yeah, fantastic set Jon...
    Thanks Jake and Antoni.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Proof #141 - Stephen King - Lisey's Story - UK Slipcased First State Advance Uncorrected Proof - 045/100

Last edited by jonp; 07-12-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Neat! That was one of the first proofs I got.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice Jon. Congrats.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Neat! That was one of the first proofs I got.
    Thanks Ari. I took me a little longer to get!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Nice Jon. Congrats.
    Thanks Paul. I'm not really buying proofs at the moment but this one was not listed as a proof so it was a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very cool, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice one, Jon! I got excited when I saw it was Wednesday and you posted in your thread!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see rare proof Wednesday back for a visit!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know the Lisey's was a numbered proof - very cool.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice one, Jon! I got excited when I saw it was Wednesday and you posted in your thread!!!
    Thanks Dez. I haven't bought much over the last month or two, BUT hopefully I should have enough for three RPWs and then that should be it for a while. They are quite scarce especially one. I had to sell two Dean Koontz Lettereds plus more to buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks Michaël.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Nice to see rare proof Wednesday back for a visit!
    Thanks Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I didn't know the Lisey's was a numbered proof - very cool.
    Thanks Antoni. There are 100 slipcased copies and 400 non-slipcased numbered copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thank you very much, Bill.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have had these for a while.

Joe Hill - The Fireman - UK PS Lettered Subscriber Signed Copy (This copy did not have the £60 obscured by black marker pen)

I have heard of advance reading copies of US hardcovers before but this is the first UK Hardcover with promo letter that I have ever heard of. That's if it really did come with the letter as issued and didn't have it added at a later date.

Stephen King - From A Buick 8 - UK 1st/1st ?Advance Reading Copy? with Promotional Letter

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jon!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I have posted this promo presentation pack of The Stand (The Complete and Uncut Edition) before. The pack came in an A4+-sized illustrated folder which contained a King Profile, Hodder Factsheet, a Proof Dustjacket (the £16.95 priced variant), promo postcard, advertising banners and some photocopied Newspaper articles.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I don't think I have posted this promo presentation pack of The Stand (The Complete and Uncut Edition) before. The pack came in an A4+-sized illustrated folder which contained a King Profile, Hodder Factsheet, a Proof Dustjacket (the £16.95 priced variant), promo postcard, advertising banners and some photocopied Newspaper articles.

That is really cool, Jon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 165 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 ... LastLast