Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Looking good. Sorry Jon I got that Lisey's Story 1/100 proof. Haven't got around to posting it yet.
    Damn you!! In all seriousness, wow you got an awesome book there. I've never seen one of those for sale before and to be signed as well. Congratulations. I can't wait to see your pictures on it. I thought that auction would go under to radar as I thought it was a UK only auction.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry mate. When it comes to crazy proof collectors like us, not much goes under the radar! I will post some pics in a few. From what I found out, that signed bookplate was added after. It didn't come with the proof.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of them signed. I wonder when the bookplate was signed it was not the same design as the other Lisey's Story bookplates I've seen before. It was more a H&S standard design.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I've never heard of them signed. I wonder when the bookplate was signed it was not the same design as the other Lisey's Story bookplates I've seen before. It was more a H&S standard design.
    Yes, I was wondering the same because I have one of those Lisey's Story branded bookplates and of course, it's completely different. I'm going to see if I can get any more information on it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

There's a difference between crazy proof collectors with money and those without. I wish I was the other one.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    There's a difference between crazy proof collectors with money and those without. I wish I was the other one.
    I'm afraid I'm in between those. A crazy proof collector with not enough money!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received yesterday a fine copy of a new US first for me from Betts. One of two printers variations of this book I have recently found on the copyright page. I have no intention to get the other variant. There are just too many of these. Other printers variants that I know of are:

Eyes of the Dragon - Arcata Graphics Fairfield, Pennsylvania OR Arcata Graphics Hawkins County, Tennessee OR Haddon Craftsmen, Scranton, Pennsylvania.
    Misery - R.R. Donnelley & Son, Harrisonburg, Virginia OR Arcata Graphics, Fairfield, Pennsylvania
    Needful Things - R.R. Donnelley & Son, Harrisonburg, Virginia OR Arcata Graphics, Fairfield
    Gerald's Game - R.R. Donnelley & Son Company OR Book Press, Inc
    Dolores Claiborne - R.R. Donnelley & Son Company OR Arcata Graphics, Fairfield OR Arcata Graphics, Martinsburg
    Nightmares And Dreamscapes - Arcata Graphics, Fairfield OR R.R. Donnelley & Son Company
    Insomnia - Arcata Graphics Fairfield, Pennsylvania OR R.R. Donnelley & Son, Harrisonburg, Virginia
    Rose Madder - Quebecor Printing, Fairfield OR R.R. Donnelley & Son Company
    Desperation - Quebecor Printing, Fairfield OR Quebecor Printing, Martinsburg
    Black House - Q, DC, DH codes on copyright page (assumed to be printers codes - Q - Quebecor Printing Fairfield? DH - Donnelley Harrisonburg? - DC? ?)

Stephen King - Nightmares And Dreamscapes - US 1st/1st HB (R.R. Donnelley & Son Company Printers Variant)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I always liked that cover. Very nice!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I always liked that cover. Very nice!
    Thank Michael. I agreed very nice cover. Looks good on the shelf.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. BTW, I went ahead and updated the main list on the variants thread and made a separate list for the printer variants just for reference.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I didn't know about all those printer's variations (EOTD the exception). I don't think I have enough room on the shelves for all of those.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. BTW, I went ahead and updated the main list on the variants thread and made a separate list for the printer variants just for reference.
    Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I didn't know about all those printer's variations (EOTD the exception). I don't think I have enough room on the shelves for all of those.
    I'm struggling for room on the shelves. So I'll give these a miss. Just not a priority or just lack of desire.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Printers Variants ?
    o.m.g. - i had no idea ;D

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry Pratchett / Stephen Baxter - The Long Utopia - UK 1st/1st Collector's Limited Edition Slipcased HB 244/825

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking book. Congrats.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice looking book. Congrats.
    Thanks Paul. Another book with the sprayed page edges.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This UK first I have always found it difficult to get a copy that I am happy with, they seem to be in non-collectable condition, so this is a very welcome upgrade. I have been looking out for a F or NF copy for years. I have finally got one and this one is a first state first edition. I,therefore, have a spare first state copy in very good condition (which is not as nice as this one) for sale.

Stephen King - Nightmares And Dreamscapes - UK 1st/1st HB (First State - priced £15.99)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow... congrats are in order my man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! Congrats.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    wow... congrats are in order my man!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Very, very nice!

John
    Great! Congrats.
    Thanks Kris, John and Paul.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice new copies of Nightmares and Dreamscapes!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Nice new copies of Nightmares and Dreamscapes!
    Thanks Dan. I do seem to have bought a lot of Nightmares and Dreamscapes recently.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Very nice !!!
    Thanks Frank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast