Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MATCHING NUMBERS... And the Values of...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    You can't count portfolios that are not signed by King together with the signed ones.
    Interesting thought... see I would but your right... most would not.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection George.

I noticed you don't have any Grant 186s
    Your powers of observation are keen young padowan. It sounds like we may need to talk!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Regulator's and Desperation
    Talisman and Black house
    Dark Tower Set
    IT and Portfolio
    Secretary of Dreams I and II
    Insomnia and Portfolio
    Cycle of the Werewolf and Portfolio
    Stand and Portfolio
    Doctor Sleep and The Shinning
    The Dark Man and Portfolio

So.... is there any other matching numbered combo's that I missed guys?
    How about The Dark Man, Eyes of the Dragon, The Stand, and The Dark Tower books, since they all share a common antagonist? Just musing!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

#172/350

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    #172/350

Will u sell me this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I had to come to this thread. It seems that more and more people are starting to collect same numbers. I see how important it is for the PS and the CD lines for people to have their numbers match. I really did not get that "vibe" when I joined about a year ago... pretty cool to see the trend. I think it adds such great value to ANY run of books that make sense.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I just matched an IT Portfolio to my SL both are PC but matching just the same, this is the only matching set I own, I wish my COTW SL & Portfolio matched but they do not

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Cycle and Portfolio numbers match but how I found the matching portfolio was extremely lucky!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

If anyone happens to have Mr. Slaughter #91, I would very much like to swap, I now have Queen of Bedlam, The Providence Rider and The River of Souls all numbered 91 and They Thirst should also be this though I know it is not part of that series but still I am going to try and collect number 91 for all future Mccammon signed limiteds and I do have a Like New Copy of Mr. Slaughter for swapping so please PM if you can help me out
    Thanks!
    Tommy

P.S.

I also have a Speaks the Nightbird S/L that could be swapped for number 91

Country
    Country Flag

Hey does anyone out here have a matching Insomnia and Portfolio? What would you value it at if so? Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey does anyone out here have a matching Insomnia and Portfolio? What would you value it at if so? Thanks!
    Kris, there were only 400 portfolios issued, while there were 1250 signed limiteds. If I had a matching set (which I don't--my book is #851, my portfolio is #158), I'd value it at $600+. The original price of the portfolio was $80.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Kris, there were only 400 portfolios issued, while there were 1250 signed limiteds. If I had a matching set (which I don't--my book is #851, my portfolio is #158), I'd value it at $600+. The original price of the portfolio was $80.

John
    Thanks John. That is a big help!!!!!! Im looking for that now
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just stumbled across this thread.
    Yes, I do like matching sets, but they're not a must by far.
    My collections are a mixed bag for sure:

Subterranean Press:

Dan Simmons
    *Hyperion Cantos: numbered #103/lettered OO (I got lucky to get full matching sets, three titles so far)
    *Olympos: numbered #631, no (matching) Ilium
    *Flashback: numbered #27
    *The Guiding Nose of Ulfänt Banderöz: numbered #68
    *Phases of Gravity: numbered #200

Joe Abercrombie: The Shattered Sea books:
    *Half a King: numbered #48/lettered MM
    *Half the World: numbered #48/lettered MM
    So this will end up a matching trilogy

George R.R. Martin
    *A Song of Ice and Fire:
    Books I, II, V: numbered #61
    (Anyone selling books III and IV ???)

*Dying of the Light: numbered #25

Steven Erikson:
    *Malazan Book of the Fallen:
    Books II, III and IV: numbered #334 (anyone got the first of the series??)/lettered books III and IV: EE
    This will never turn into a complete matching series, numbered nor lettered.

Robert McCammon:
    *the Matthew Corbett books: numbered #78, except for Mister Slaughter, that's a #228.
    *I Travel By Night: numbered #75/lettered S (this will become a complete matching tetralogy)
    *They Thirst: numbered #291
    *The Five: numbered #78
    *Baal: numbered #75 and #81 (slipcased)
    *Bethany's Sin: numbered #75
    *The Night Boat: numbered #457
    *The Wolf's Hour: numbered #218
    *The Hunter From the Woods: numbered #231

My King limiteds don't fare much better, I'm afraid.

sk

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

from my pov especially in terms of selling a set the matching # is very important.
    You will sell a matching DT Set quite fast, a non matching besser in single book auctions.

Sets i understand - i would always try to get a matching set over a non-matching,
    But i would never try to search all my books in the same #

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it!
    Which reminds me...

I do have two SubPress King limiteds as well:

*The Shining: numbered #253/Doctor Sleep (CD) numbered #253
    *The Green Mile: numbered #18

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Kris, are you trying to match a S/L book and BOTH portfolio versions (red cover, black cover)? May be impossible.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The big mistake sellers often make is bundling five or six books (I'm not talking about Dark Tower books) of the same number and trying to sell them as a set.

Most collectors are not going to buy five unrelated books in one swoop just because they have the same number.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    Kris, are you trying to match a S/L book and BOTH portfolio versions (red cover, black cover)? May be impossible.
    Don't think the red ones were numbered. (Might be wrong)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    Don't think the red ones were numbered. (Might be wrong)
    My red portfolio is numbered 10 of 400. I have never known for certain how many red portfolios were done but I think that they are just part of the total 400 copy edition.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The big mistake sellers often makes is bundling five or six books (I'm not talking about Dark Tower books) of the same number and tringy to sell them as a set.

Most collectors are not going to buy five unrelated books in one swoop just because they have the same number.
    Five? How about 10?

I might be putting this to the test this summer - haha. I think I'm going to sell my big set and I'm going to try to do it as one huge group of 17 books. We'll see...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The big mistake sellers often make is bundling five or six books (I'm not talking about Dark Tower books) of the same number and trying to sell them as a set.

Five? How about 10?

I might be putting this to the test this summer - haha. I think I'm going to sell my big set and I'm going to try to do it as one huge group of 17 books. We'll see...
    Do yourself a favor...break 'em up and sell them one by one.

It is more work, but it will pay off.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast