2 10.00%
  • Repulsion

2 10.00%
  • Evil Dead 2

6 30.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Horror - Round 2 Group 1

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think I posted somewhere. I believe it may have some nostalgic value for Americans. Other than this, it has none. Sitting through it was excruciating.
    I think you’re right. This was one of the bigger horror movies I heard about all the time when I was a kid. Somehow I never got around to watching it until about 5 years ago or so.

I think I had high expectations for it and was actually pretty disappointed. The legends surrounding the making of the film and the supposed curse on the actors are kind of interesting though.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think I posted somewhere. I believe it may have some nostalgic value for Americans. Other than this, it has none. Sitting through it was excruciating.
    I think you’re right. This was one of the bigger horror movies I heard about all the time when I was a kid. Somehow I never got around to watching it until about 5 years ago or so.

I think I had high expectations for it and was actually pretty disappointed. The legends surrounding the making of the film and the supposed curse on the actors are kind of interesting though.
    Check out its Wikipedia entry, especially the reception part: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polter...281982_film%29

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

checked it

as I said, I don't understand anything anymore

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Specifically what?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

specifically, how a film that has absolutely no qualities can be "regarded by many critics as a classic of the horror genre"

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean, I think you just convinced me to rewatch Poltergeist asap...

Before we move any further in the tournament I want to make absolute sure it's not just coasting on nostalgia before I decide to vote for or against it.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised you dislike Poltergeist so much, Jean. I feel it's a really well-made film. I don't really see the "nostalgic value for Americans" viewpoint, either. It's part of American pop culture, I guess, but in and of itself that doesn't mean anything, I don't think. Many films are, from The Wizard of Oz to The Fast and the Furious movies.

Country
    Country Flag

I dislike it so much only because it has supplanted really worthy films here. Otherwise, I would just have forgotten it immediately after the first closing credit mercifully rolled.

It is not a bad film or anything. It's just mediocrity incarnate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2