0 0%

2 7.69%

0 0%

0 0%
  • Never read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #12: Blaze (2007)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #12: Blaze (2007)

Blaze, 2007

Please vote for Blaze using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cried my eyes out over this one

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Sadly, I don't remember every detail, but I do remember enjoying it immensely

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

enjoying!... I finished reading it on a subway train. A student was meeting me at the exit. She asked, "What happened? Do you have a cold?" - because I was actually in tears and making those sounds, you know with my nose. I had actually bawled aloud in the subway, making all other passengers uneasy.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, I guess the sight of a crying bear in the subway would make people uneasy.

I think I should reread this one. The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 is because, if I didn't love it enough to re-read it since the first read, I don't feel fair giving 5.

Country
    Country Flag

I have always given, and will always give it a 5, and I don't think I'll ever reread it

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

This is me, sortof. I know I liked it, but I'm not sure if I can say "immensely." So I'm dithering between 4 and 4.5. Perhaps I can do a quick re-read before the poll closes.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This book read more like a Dean Koontz novel to me. In fact, I think Koontz has a couple of novels that are very similar and I’ve confused the plots to them before.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

er... reading like a Koontz isn't exactly the same as reading like a piece of shit?

Cussing Bears always makes me happy inside.
    I don't know why.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotta read this again
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Cussing Bears always makes me happy inside.
    I don't know why.
    oh sweetheart you don't know what bears can do in Russian...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Blaze, it's very "Of Mice & Men...ish"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought that as well. Loved the book and it's a solid 4 or higher for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I enjoyed Blaze, it's very "Of Mice & Men...ish"

Man, you guys are really making me want to go home, pull the book off the shelf, and immediately start a re-read. So I can feel guilty about giving it 4.5.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

I gotta be honest: it's not one of my favorites (maybe because it is derivative of Steinbeck). It's not one that I ever have had the urge to re-read. Would immediately have given it a 3 or a 3.5, but for the comments here, which prompt me to wonder whether I overlooked something. Gonna have to ponder this one, before I cast my ballot. . . .

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

5. Maudlin, predictable, but so touching I almost cried. It just struck all the right chords with me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andrew Campbell is on a distinguished road Andrew Campbell's Avatar

I pondered: 3.5.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

This is me, sortof. I know I liked it, but I'm not sure if I can say "immensely." So I'm dithering between 4 and 4.5. Perhaps I can do a quick re-read before the poll closes.
    Did my re-read today on a 5-hour flight. Very good book. Went with "4."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Blaze has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.769230769 or 75.38%. It received a rating of 4 with 9 votes.

+ Reply to Thread