Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Collectible Books that Others Love (but you secretly hate) - and vice versa

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    The Dark Tower. I understand the appeal of the "cool factor" and the thrill of chasing down your number but they're just plain, boring books.
    The first 7 yeah... .other than the artwork is FANTASTIC.
    See but the artwork is in the trade editions. If it wasn't there I would say the limiteds would be worth it for the addition of King sig, some new art and an artist sig but the only difference is a sig and a slipcase... meh

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not an edition but a "feature": I couldn't care less about marbled endpapers.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Well if we're getting into features, I've never cared for the satin ribbon page markers ONLY because of how they are arranged in the books. The bottom of the ribbons are turned up and tucked in between pages which cause a crease that NEVER goes away. I don't like creases on my satin ribbon page markers. How's that for a first world complaint?
    Weird, obtuse and nonsisical...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I deleted my comment. Sorry everyone.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Asbestos lettered Firestarter: ugly, ugly book!

sk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I was disappointed when I got the Regulators S/L. I love the idea of the cheque. But it's basically the 1st edition Regs. In a box...

Edit: (Man, that felt cathartic. This thread may be the therapy I need..!)
    I love this book except for the fact that there aren't any illustrations... WHY???!!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I was disappointed when I got the Regulators S/L. I love the idea of the cheque. But it's basically the 1st edition Regs. In a box...

I love this book except for the fact that there aren't any illustrations... WHY???!!!
    I think that is why I do not own one. I didn't care for the story and with no added art there is no added value to it for me other than the check and I don't wanna pay ~$900 for a check signed by King in a pen name.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

We could all say the same about Firestarter S/L and that value keeps creeping up.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    The Asbestos lettered Firestarter: ugly, ugly book!

sk
    +1

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

The Secretary of Dreams books. They don't do anything for me.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    The Secretary of Dreams books. They don't do anything for me.

^This!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

When I first saw the descriptions of the SoD books, I thought "wow, totally superfluous, definitely not for me, probably only for the completist types."

Then I saw the artwork, and the way it was used; knowing these stories pretty well, I was impressed with how it would all work.

SoD fits the profile of a needless book - but they look awesome and I want them.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't care less about having any DT S/L's. I have the first's(except Gunslinger which I recently sold because I just didn't care enough about it)and the artist editions and I'm good with them. While I may get thrown to the slaughter for this not one of the DT books are in my Top 10 King novels. I'd much rather get other S/L's and flatsigned novels that don't have S/L's. Still looking for a Misery!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I couldn't care less about having any DT S/L's. I have the first's(except Gunslinger which I recently sold because I just didn't care enough about it)and the artist editions and I'm good with them. While I may get thrown to the slaughter for this not one of the DT books are in my Top 10 King novels. I'd much rather get other S/L's and flatsigned novels that don't have S/L's. Still looking for a Misery!
    I feel exactly the same way. I like the first edition DT books I have (second edition for DT1), but I've never had any interest in making the massive investment for the S/Ls. Like you, I'm much more motivated to get signed first editions and other S/Ls.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate Whispers... nemesis of mine.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4