Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Wanted page !

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow crazy.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I asked him if he had the number I was looking for and I vaguely recall him saying something like it would not matter because he was never going to sell.

I could be wrong on the above....it has been years.
    He won't live forever. His heirs (or the state) will dispose of them.
    It seems like a weird case of "I have them, you don't". There is no logical reason to own numerous copies, just a quirky collecting thing.
    BTAIM, his prerogative.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...I know of a guy in Dallas who owns 3 DT 1 S/L's...and as far as jmeyer goes..i emailed him (at his work email)...and also have his personal office phone number (he works in a medical practice). Haven't personally called him yet. Guess I'm feelin Purdy intimidated since he hasn't even replied to an email. If I did swap DT 1 S/L's, I would definitely do it in person. He lives in Lubbock so it would be just a short flight for me (in Houston).

-G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My best pal's GF told me a cool story once. Said her uncle collected all kinds of books and when she seen mine she said he had lots of King and when he died her aunt sold them at a flea market... for dollars n cents per book. When I showed her pics she recognized Cujo and the Gunslinger. She said he had a few displayed very proudly and those she could remember quite well... can you imagine? My wife has all the info to David at Bett's and you guys here... never know man. I do a lot of extreme sports and a bit of an adrenaline junkie.. never know... just never know...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Webstar....that is NOT a cool story. :/ (unless you happen to run across those books at a fleamarket!)
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...and then there is the "scorned woman", who sell her cheetin' husbands prize posetions for a few dollars/cents!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Dude lives in Texas and he has around 30 'Slinger S/Ls......

Not Bob!
    Are you serious!????? That is like $150000 ++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep....
    I recall someone sharing a conversation where he said, "I think that i have LSOE 26,29,34,36,50,53,114,118,263,373,418,254,513,622, 641,784 plus several over 800"
    I made note of it in my files.....not sure if this is still true..

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I recall someone sharing a conversation where he said, "I think that i have LSOE 26,29,34,36,50,53,114,118,263,373,418,254,513,622, 641,784 plus several over 800"
    Why would someone want so many reprints?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not Bob!

Yep....
    Was their surname Grant?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Not Bob!

Yep....
    Was their surname Grant?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That was Jemaher.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its not this only "collection topic" where i met "single stack collectors" (don't know if its the right word in engl)

what means that they do not go for a certain group to complete, but for a certain item to get as often as possible.
    In pure terms of collecting this has clear up and downsides.

Met a guy once who held more then 75% of a limited item, and said that he will not stop until he get the whole series.
    I think that this is a little bit crazy, but honest - what else then the are we - searching all over the planet to get a special # ;D ?

Guess i won't be the one to throw the first stone here, even if it goes very agains the "main-stream" collectors goals.
    But this is the salt in our soup , isn't it ;D

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the guy that seems to aim at owning every single VHS tapes in the world of the movie SPEED?
    >>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ilm-Speed.html

He currently has 500 of them... and doesnt seem willing to stop there....
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Why would someone want so many reprints?
    Why would someone want [fill in blank with absurd collectible of your choice]?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Like the guy that seems to aim at owning every single VHS tapes in the world of the movie SPEED?
    >>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ilm-Speed.html

He currently has 500 of them... and doesnt seem willing to stop there....

öhem , indeed - thats what i … 500 VHS copies ?
    I am speachless ;D

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have or know who has S/L Dark Tower III through VII #1208 I would like to start building a collection of this number. I have seen others on here that have built a collection of a certain number and would like some input on this task. I do not own any of the S/L of DT yet, should I buy now any number that I can find that is a good deal in hopes of using them for trade when and if I do find the number that I am looking for or should i wait to find said number?
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,
    i saw your posting, and thought... hey that # i do have, but my spare DTVII is #1280 ;D

To search your complete set is quite a task - i followed my # 15 years back, and this was only possible because everybody i meet was willing to search old emails and letters,
    to provide me new names and persons - and i still did not made it until now. So its hard, but if you like the digging, its a lot of fun + you meet interesting people.

I wanted to complete my set first, and then see if i can get the missing numbers. Be aware that it might be impossible , thats why i completed first.
    Most of the books are available from time to time, DTI, DTII and TWTTKH are the hardest part , but even they are available from time to time.

However you decide - good luck!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Lud View Post
    Does anyone have or know who has S/L Dark Tower III through VII #1208 I would like to start building a collection of this number. I have seen others on here that have built a collection of a certain number and would like some input on this task. I do not own any of the S/L of DT yet, should I buy now any number that I can find that is a good deal in hopes of using them for trade when and if I do find the number that I am looking for or should i wait to find said number?
    Why would you even want to try to start a numbered set that you know WILL NEVER be complete?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Why would you even want to try to start a numbered set that you know WILL NEVER be complete?
    The thrill of the hunt.
    I do agree. One would be better served to save their money and buy a matched set of another number.

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I have a two reasons for the number. The first and it may sound crazy is because it can not be a complete set. I have seen that numbers that fall in the magical 500 and bellow are more expensive higher numbers are easier to find bargains on. The number has a special meaning to me is the second reason. If I ever get to the point (fingers crossed) that I do get the possible III through VII I have already made up my mind to PC the rest.
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Country
    Country Flag

I have decided to go ahead and try to instead of collect AE dark tower books to start going for the S/L DT books that are 2 book editions first then figure out what comes after that. I hopefully scored my first S/L and first King signed book Wolves of the Calla from Betts just waiting on a confirmation.
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's what great about collecting.

Each of our respective collections are unique/special based on the perspective of the owner.

A belated welcome to the site and we look forward to watching you on your journey.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what great about collecting.

Each of our respective collections are unique/special based on the perspective of the owner.

A belated welcome to the site and we look forward to watching you on your journey.
    Well said!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I have decided to go ahead and try to instead of collect AE dark tower books to start going for the S/L DT books that are 2 book editions first then figure out what comes after that. I hopefully scored my first S/L and first King signed book Wolves of the Calla from Betts just waiting on a confirmation.
    There is only AE's of the last ones right? Like the first 4 do not have AE's... right?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There is only AE's of the last ones right? Like the first 4 do not have AE's... right?
    Correct.

John

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast