Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"It's just a flying saucer, Ed."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Edit: BTW, another good episode this evening!!! Nice touch having, Martin Freeman as the narrator. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be very many cast members surviving for the finale next week!!! LOL Even the sheriff's wife appears down for the count. Looking forward to see how the alien ship figures into all of this!!! LOL LOL What an awesome show!!!
    I thought that was Freeman, but I didn't check the credits. What a bloodbath. I had a moment where I thought they were going to jump the shark with the UFO, but they held back, just a tad.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Edit: BTW, another good episode this evening!!! Nice touch having, Martin Freeman as the narrator. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be very many cast members surviving for the finale next week!!! LOL Even the sheriff's wife appears down for the count. Looking forward to see how the alien ship figures into all of this!!! LOL LOL What an awesome show!!!
    I thought that was Freeman, but I didn't check the credits. What a bloodbath. I had a moment where I thought they were going to jump the shark with the UFO, but they held back, just a tad.
    I didn't see him in the credits, but I'd bet the farm it was him!!!! Brought on a big old smile from me!!! LOL The alien thing has me in a quandry, I can't figure what they have in mind for that, but it does bring the "falling fish" from season one to mind a bit. Did they ever explain that plot point? I don't recall.

Edit: there were a lot of "Alien Winks" in the show prior to the ship arriving. Anyone else notice that? Bev, as an author yourself, what would you do with the "Alien Component" in the show if it were up to you?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Edit: there were a lot of "Alien Winks" in the show prior to the ship arriving. Anyone else notice that?
    Yes -- and the store where the owner was shot was full of them. He was a believer!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both Rye and Hanzee saw one outside the diner and Hanzee was missing some time. Lou's father-in-law has a whole room with UFO stuff and his wife was transfixed by their daughter's drawing that looked like it had one. There definitely have been a lot of hints.

Did you notice the author/narrator didn't mention the UFO? None of the survivors must have mentioned it later on for it to be recorded in history. Of course, who can blame them?

I thought they would have the UFO thing closer to the "actual" incident that happened to an officer in Minnesota in '79. Something like Lou traveling down a highway, seeing a light, and then waking up hours later on the side of the road.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought so too and rewatched the credits a couple of times but he never showed up.

I checked IMDB, and he was listed there.
    Last edited by tippy4; 05-12-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't want this to end.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

it is already renewed for season 3
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    it is already renewed for season 3
    That's great, but it will be a completely new story and cast. I'm going to miss these characters and story, but I look forward to a new story and new characters next season.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone weigh in on which season they likes better so far? I can't decide!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a tough call! I'm more apt to choose season 2 as a whole, although I think best performance goes to Billy Bob Thornton in season 1
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is a tough call! I'm more apt to choose season 2 as a whole, although I think best performance goes to Billy Bob Thornton in season 1
    Yeah he killed it in season one
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone weigh in on which season they likes better so far? I can't decide!!!
    I LOVED season 1, but it's not even close for me. Season 2 takes it easy. I don't even care what the finale is like at this point. They can all sit around a table peeling potatoes and it wouldn't change my mind.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Somewhat disappointing end.........

What as the point of the spaceship/aliens?

Really liked the ten episode journey.....just the end left me unsatisfied.

I did like how they connected season two with season one though.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't disappointed but there could have been a little more action in the finale. I never thought we would get as much as we did with the UFOs. It was just a quirky thing that was big in the area at the time that they wanted to include. I think where everyone ended up was perfect for what happened this season so that is why it was still a satisfying end in my opinion. I also loved the season one easter eggs.

Alas, we'll have to wait until 2017 for the next season.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

So are they going to B'more for the next season? That would be my guess. The Gerhardt dandy who Milligan leaves alive (although blown to hamburger) asked him that just before he gets shotgunned by Thing # 2. "Have you ever been to Baltimore?"
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Here's a little bit about what they're thinking of for S3: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fie...lks-new-849097

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hawley is a talented writer. I love the fact that he is keeping control (even with success) and keeping the writing (and the time required for good work) a high priority.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So are they going to B'more for the next season? That would be my guess. The Gerhardt dandy who Milligan leaves alive (although blown to hamburger) asked him that just before he gets shotgunned by Thing # 2. "Have you ever been to Baltimore?"
    I was under the impression that shotgun killed him (maybe not right away....but killed nontheless) ....but upon reflection....why would they introduce that character in the first place.....so perhaps you are right that we will see him again.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Floyd Gerhardt could survive. She had a small stab wound in the gut. I was thinking Peggy could've escaped from the car while Lou was distracted getting the news about his wife.

About the UFO, I think after seeing humans killing each other they decided to leave, after being there at the beginning and the end of this story observing us. Sort of a comment on how violent we are as a race.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I was under the impression that shotgun killed him (maybe not right away....but killed nontheless) ....but upon reflection....why would they introduce that character in the first place.....so perhaps you are right that we will see him again.
    Well the reason I think he might survive is from Milligan's dialogue. When the King is crowned he shows an act of kindness and an act of cruelty. For Milligan's legend of cruelty to spread, Ricky G would have to live to tell the tale. That's why Milligan stays the finishing blow. We dont know if he survives, but he could (although his chest and face looked like something from the butcher shop). But then again he looked like he was going to meet his maker, lol.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That guy will die but he will suffer first hence why Milligan didn't want his partner to finish him off. I also remember during the shootout at the motel that one cop said, 'it's Rapid City all over again.' Maybe we'll see a flashback to that at some point.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting tidbit. I just watched a film called Bone Tomahawk starring Kurt Russell. The film also stars Fargo Season 2 actors Patrick Wilson and Zahn McClarnon (Hanzee). Thought it was cool to see them together, although Zahn McClarnon only has 1 scene.

Zahn is also a recurring actor on Longmire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast