Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gueermo View Post
    I gotta.check this show out. I like the eclectic cast I keep seeing in commercials. I'm a huge Jean Smart fan so I'm happy whe found her way into another quality TV show.
    I think you'd like it. Actually, it kind of has a Canadian feel. I'm not sure if that makes sense.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gueermo View Post
    I gotta.check this show out. I like the eclectic cast I keep seeing in commercials. I'm a huge Jean Smart fan so I'm happy whe found her way into another quality TV show.
    I think you'd like it. Actually, it kind of has a Canadian feel. I'm not sure if that makes sense.
    Yes, it sure does. I suppose being just south of the border it makes quite a bit of sense. Good call, Servant!!!

Spoiler:
    Now go fetch me a "Minnesota Mafia Meatball Hero"!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have missed so much of this. Now...should I wait or the whole series to come out on Netflicks or Hulu or just jump on in?

I was such a fan of the movie!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The seasons are self contained stories, Jon
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I suspected as much. I am going to try to catch up to this season.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight will be the 3rd episode of the second season. I see no reason why you can't jump in at the start of the season and watch it to completion and then go back and watch season 1. All the episodes for this season are available on the FX app for free (you have to login using your cable provider).

Also, the only story connection between season 1 and 2 is that the daughter of the State Trooper in season 2 is the female sheriff in season 1.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tonight will be the 3rd episode of the second season. I see no reason why you can't jump in at the start of the season and watch it to completion and then go back and watch season 1. All the episodes for this season are available on the FX app for free (you have to login using your cable provider).

Also, the only story connection between season 1 and 2 is that the daughter of the State Trooper in season 2 is the female sheriff in season 1.
    Yep, you can jump right in now if you wish. No harm, no foul!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Watched the 2nd ep last night. I like how it seems to be taking its time like last season, and letting the threads come together naturally. I like the struggle of power with the crime families, not just with the guys from New York moving in, but from within the local family, too. Definitely interested in seeing where this is going, especially after re-watching season 1 last week and the constant references to "Sioux Falls". You just know things are going to escalate in such a big way.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Watched the 2nd ep last night. I like how it seems to be taking its time like last season, and letting the threads come together naturally. I like the struggle of power with the crime families, not just with the guys from New York moving in, but from within the local family, too. Definitely interested in seeing where this is going, especially after re-watching season 1 last week and the constant references to "Sioux Falls". You just know things are going to escalate in such a big way.
    Completely agree. I just watched the 3rd episode and the show is holding strong. I'm really impressed by all the performances. Top notch from top to bottom.

Also, on a sidenote, FX doesn't get enough attention for their TV lineup. Fargo, American Horror Story and The Americans can be put up against any 3 shows from any network.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Completely agree. I just watched the 3rd episode and the show is holding strong. I'm really impressed by all the performances. Top notch from top to bottom.

Also, on a sidenote, FX doesn't get enough attention for their TV lineup. Fargo, American Horror Story and The Americans can be put up against any 3 shows from any network.
    Very good point regarding network vs cable. And FX is not the only one. Leaving aside HBO/Starz there is also A&E. Don't forget "Breaking Bad", SOA and "Justified" as well. The cable guys are really giving the Networks a run for their money these days.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We are living in the Golden Age of Teevee.

This is the best show on it a the moment (IMO)

Love the writing, the pacing, the quirkiness, the character development.

Im going to seek out Noah Hawley's novels...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    We are living in the Golden Age of Teevee.

This is the best show on it a the moment (IMO)

Love the writing, the pacing, the quirkiness, the character development.

Im going to seek out Noah Hawley's novels...

Couldn't hurt to throw in some, Elmore Leonard as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Well, that and Lou Solverson is a major character in both seasons (Keith Carradine in S1, his younger self played by Patrick Wilson in S2).

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My DVR is set!!

Thank you all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My DVR is set!!

Thank you all.
    Okay, then.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

New episode tonight!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been accused of being overly passionate and expressing a knee jerk reaction when it comes to something I enjoy like a movie, but that is not the case here. What I'm about to say I've thought over multiple times and I hold it to be true with every fiber of my being. I'm sure many will disagree and that's fine.

The diner scene from the first episode and the theater scene from the most recent episode can be put up alongside any two scenes from any two gangster films in the history of cinema.

That is the truth. No hyperbole.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been accused of being overly passionate and expressing a knee jerk reaction when it comes to something I enjoy like a movie, but that is not the case here. What I'm about to say I've thought over multiple times and I hold it to be true with every fiber of my being. I'm sure many will disagree and that's fine.

The diner scene from the first episode and the theater scene from the most recent episode can be put up alongside any two scenes from any two gangster films in the history of cinema.

That is the truth. No hyperbole.
    I don't know about that, but they were great scenes. A couple of "Godfather I & II" and "Goodfellas" scenes come immediately to mind and I'm sure a few more. The Fargo scenes were pretty cool though.

Edit: Sam Jackson/John Travolta in "Pulp Fiction", Finale of "Breaking Bad", I'm sure I could go on.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There have been a number of scenes this season that are great examples of how to create suspense and tension.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And you should go on. I didn't say they were better than those, just that they could be put alongside them.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And you should go on. I didn't say they were better than those, just that they could be put alongside them.
    Easy, Chief "Watch A Lot of film". It was just an idle observation passed in jest for the most part. I meant no harm or foul. LOL Being a, New Yorker I am somewhat qualified to officiate Mafia/gangland execution style points whether in real life, television or the silver screen. No need to "skin that smoke wagon and throw down" (Tombstone?), my friend!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Easy, Chief "Watch A Lot of film". It was just an idle observation passed in jest for the most part. I meant no harm or foul. LOL Being a, New Yorker I am somewhat qualified to officiate Mafia/gangland execution style points whether in real life, television or the silver screen. No need to "skin that smoke wagon and throw down" (Tombstone?), my friend!!! LOL LOL LOL
    I'm not sure why you're responding as if my response was hostile. That certainly wasn't my intention.

Also, as a full-blooded Italian, I'm somewhat qualified to evaluate Mafia/gangster stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm not sure why you're responding as if my response was hostile. That certainly wasn't my intention.

Also, as a full-blooded Italian, I'm somewhat qualified to evaluate Mafia/gangster stuff.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was sensing hostility. Just kinda fcuking around and joking with you, dude. Sorry if it seemed that way.

I'll temper my jocularity in the future.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just how good is this show? A friend at school said that the season two is as good as anything he's seen on tv. Now I see a lot of good stuff, The Wire, SOA, Sopranos, etc. Is this must see tv?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast