Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Merlin' Yankee's!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Merlin' Yankee's!!!!

Okay, so I am retired, but I have been coaching a "PONY" little league, Colt division team for the past 12 seasons. The "Colt" division is for 15 - 18 year old kids and I at first thought, "OMG"!! However, I have been generally proven wrong as to my expectations and I have been happy to coach some very honorable, talented and classy kids.

Now, because I tend to show loyalty for my guys and try to build character more than wins, we have generally not done very well standings-wise, but this year I really feel that my team has a chance at a trophy that I do not have to provide (The League only rewards 1st, 2nd and 3rd). So, with this renewed confidence and faith in my boys I will go on record this season. 16 games are the season and we won the first in grand fashion, 10-5!!!

I'll keep you all updated, as a diary of sorts, on how well we do or, don't do this season. Our next game is Monday, April 21st. I will post the results as they are!!

Oh, and
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Have fun and best of luck to the kids. I still have many awesome memories of my time playing little league. Go get em', coach.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the good thoughts. Let's see how they perform. I have high expectations!! Oh, and a "Pizza Party" at the end of the season!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Winning builds character. As does losing gracefully.

I think a lot of younger kids today aren't competitive enough. Maybe it's because they have nothing to play for since many of them have been given participation trophies since they were 4. When I was a kid and we lost, I was mad. So were the players on my team. We wanted what the other kids had. Even at a young age, this drove us to be better the next year.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Winning builds character. As does losing gracefully.

I think a lot of younger kids today aren't competitive enough. Maybe it's because they have nothing to play for since many of them have been given participation trophies since they were 4. When I was a kid and we lost, I was mad. So were the players on my team. We wanted what the other kids had. Even at a young age, this drove us to be better the next year.
    Oh, I hear ya, but I guess I do go with modern thoughts and conventions. One thing I will not tolerate is "Unsportsmanlike" conduct. To be honest, and to my surprise, this has not been an issue for the most part. I've had to deal with one or two kids, but in general they have been quite the gentlemen. While I do buy them "Trophies" regardless of their finish it is because I respect and like them each and every season. It may be counter-productive, but they are such good kids. Okay, I'm a sap!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, after a promising start we drop a heartbreaker to the best team in the league, 1-0 and then, in a game we had well in hand, we drop a "wheels fell off" game to a team we should have creamed 11-8!!!! OMG, why do I subject myself to this misery???? LOL Next game is late Tuesday against a "Arch rival".

So now we are 1-2 instead of 2-1!!! I gotta find another hobby!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe you should stick to whoring! LOL
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Maybe you should stick to whoring! LOL
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bob!!! LOL They seem to play to the competition, gotta get them the "Killer instinct"!!!

Spoiler:
    BTW, your rate just went up!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Okay, so I am retired, but I have been coaching a "PONY" little league, Colt division team for the past 12 seasons. The "Colt" division is for 15 - 18 year old kids and I at first thought, "OMG"!! However, I have been generally proven wrong as to my expectations and I have been happy to coach some very honorable, talented and classy kids.

Now, because I tend to show loyalty for my guys and try to build character more than wins, we have generally not done very well standings-wise, but this year I really feel that my team has a chance at a trophy that I do not have to provide (The League only rewards 1st, 2nd and 3rd). So, with this renewed confidence and faith in my boys I will go on record this season. 16 games are the season and we won the first in grand fashion, 10-5!!!

I'll keep you all updated, as a diary of sorts, on how well we do or, don't do this season. Our next game is Monday, April 21st. I will post the results as they are!!

Oh, and
    Is the kids team name "Yankees"?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We beat the first place team tonight 12-5!!! We are now 2-2
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yankees eh? I was always fond of the Brooklyn Dodgers myself...

In fact, I think there should be a Brooklyn Dodgers emoticon to go with the Yankees one. How about it eh?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yankees eh? I was always fond of the Brooklyn Dodgers myself...

In fact, I think there should be a Brooklyn Dodgers emoticon to go with the Yankees one. How about it eh?
    Well, I fully understand (and BTW you just "Dated" yourself!! LOL). My Dad was a Huge, Dodger fan before they moved to L.A. I even had the front page of the "Daily News" framed for him with the famous "Who's a Bum"? headline. However, sad and tragic as it may be "The Brooklyn Dodger's" are no more. Hence a "smilie" would be somewhat irrelevant and silly. It was all, Walt Whitman's fault, the bastard!!! I suppose a "Dodgers" smilie may be practical though.

When you go back and look at "back in the day" it's truly amazing how many times the Yanks, Giants (who also left town) and Dodgers (Brooklyn) played for the title.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Dem Bums" were great though. It's a shame they moved to LA...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    "Dem Bums" were great though. It's a shame they moved to LA...

My Mother in law had a crush on Pee Wee Reese!! LOL

Lost a heartbreaker 3-2 today. Guys played very well just couldn't get a break. A walk and two "Texas League" hits sunk us. We did turn three DP's and had a few very good defensive plays/catches.

2-3 record, we should be 4-1
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Coach em up, Merlin.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we played the first place team (New winner) on, Monday and lost 3-4 with the winning run on base!! Tough one to swallow. They played their hearts out. Tonight, we beat up on a lower seeded team and won 19-7. So, now we are 4-5. Not exactly to my expectations, but they have heart. We shall see in the next couple of games.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Been a bit delinquent, but we have won our last two games (tonight 21-13, Tuesday, 7-6), so we are now 6-5 and in Third Place!!! Maybe, just maybe I won't have to buy the trophies this year!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A mini win streak. Woot! Hope your kids can keep up the good play.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This needs a merge.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Season is over in two weeks then you can just archive it, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Two more wins!!!

8-5!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we lost another heartbreaker to the first place team, 3-2. Again we had the tieing and winning runs on base at the end and couldn't bring them in.

8-6

That dropped us to fifth place with two more games to go.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a playoff or round robin type tournament at the end of the season?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast