Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 258 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare and Promotional Stephen King Items

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the feeling that more than just the 100 sets were issued. I know of at least two others out there, and also mine makes three, that don't have the letter. This is the only one I've seen with the letter. I just can't justify to myself the cost for just the letter.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

If I read the letter correctly it doesn't say there are only 100 sets of tennis balls. It says that 100 contestants were chosen to receive tennis balls as prizes.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    If I read the letter correctly it doesn't say there are only 100 sets of tennis balls. It says that 100 contestants were chosen to receive tennis balls as prizes.

So you think some contestants might have received different amount of balls?.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

possibly. i know a single ball box set was sent out around as well.i have the 3 ball set.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking Bob meant that the letter didn't state that there were only 100 of the 3-ball tubes. It stated there were 100 people who won them. There may have been more of the tubes made aside form those. I think the single ball boxes were unrelated to this contest. I believe there was a seperate contest for those. I think I posted a link about it somewhere around here awhile back.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

So you think some contestants might have received different amount of balls?.
    No. The letter says 100 contestants were chosen to receive tennis balls as prizes. I suspect that all 100 contestants probably received the 3-ball sleeve. The letter does not say that ONLY 100 of the 3-ball sleeves were made and that all of them went to contestants.

There may well have been 500 or more of the 3-ball sleeves made. 100 went to the contest winners and the others were possibly distributed in other ways.

It's sort of like one of those standardized test questions, isn't it?

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed the seller of the tennis balls and asked if they'd consider a BIN of $100 if they didn't sell for $150 (I was curious!). The reply was no - that they'd just move them to their eBay store. Oh well - worth a shot!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good try. I paid $108 (which included the shipping) for mine, minus the letter.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, John? I had no idea that they were so expensive!

I figure that I'll save some money and just buy a package of Wilson tennis balls and write, Stephen King, Duma Key on the front with sharpie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I figure that I'll save some money and just buy a package of Wilson tennis balls and write, Stephen King, Duma Key on the front with sharpie.
    Why write it yourself. Wilson do not charge much for doing it for you.

http://www.wilson.eu/sport/index.php?id=174

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's another for less (but no letter):

Three-pack Tennis Balls

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my newest - promo hat from Blood and Smoke audio release. I hadn't seen one before, so (of course) had to have it!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Gretchen. I've never seen one either.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Me neither! And you seem to have a very nice collection of promo stuff....bigger than mine I'm sure.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

OLne of these days I'm going to have to catalogue my promo items. I have a bunch, but I only have about 40 in my listing. I truely do not know how many I have.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

My promos are mostly bookmarks. I've got lots of those. As far as hats, here's one I have :

Country
    Country Flag

Can I have it?

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Can I have it?
    I'll trade it.

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm....PM me and let me know what you're lookin' for!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

wow. that is actually a nice oil painting. not that i'd want it, you know, in my room or anything.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I picked up a few of the promo postcards for the next DT comics arc.

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Those are cool! I have not seen those around here

My Mood
    Stressed

I just picked up a few myself. The seller still have copies left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 258 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast