Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 258 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare and Promotional Stephen King Items

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

There was an ad in our Sunday paper where kmart was giving out beanies (hats) with a purchase of the mist. I was going to go later and see if I could get one....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would have grabbed one if there was a Blockbuster within 30 miles of my current location.
    Hey Matt,

Make a $30 tax-deductible donation to THE HAVEN FOUNDATION and I'll send you one of mine (snowglobe with the movie, of course).

I'd guess that should be about equal to my costs for the item, sales tax, and shipping.

This is a serious offer.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by funky dredd View Post
    There was an ad in our Sunday paper where kmart was giving out beanies (hats) with a purchase of the mist. I was going to go later and see if I could get one....
    Our local KMart is now a Home Depot.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Don't go there then...you might end up paying more for items you don't need. Whenever I go to the Home Depot that's what I do...I get that hallelujah feeling when I walk through those doors! You know the one where the big ray of sunshine is beaming down on you and you can hear the voices singing hallelujah!!!
    I never made it to KMart yesterday, going today though.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I agree. I usually only go after book promotional items too, but these globes just "struck my fancy" so I had to have one. The only other movie promos I have is that I have all four colors of dreamcatchers sent out for the movie of Dreamcatcher.

John
    I like promo items that you can throw on your bookshelf with your collection. This globe I think will sit nicely on my bookshelf. I like it, although I agree with Boomie that it isn't the best quality, but it is built strong (seemingly).
    Geoff

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Must have been a US-only promotion. I went to a Blockbuster here (Canada) and asked the clerk, who looked at me as though I were crazy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was US only.
    I will say I am a bit leery about having anything with water in it near my books.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking the exact same thing. If I had one, it would go on my desk.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure it's water in the globe. It seems too thick to be water, though I could be mistaken.

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Even worse
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure it's water in the globe. It seems too thick to be water, though I could be mistaken.

John
    Whatever it is, I don't think it would benefit a collectible book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Truth!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I shouldn't store my snowglobe on top of my S/Ls?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes do it. And then shoot it with an airgun.

Let us know the outcome.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

John
    Whatever it is, I don't think it would benefit a collectible book.
    Actually it'll go with the dvd's, which if anyone remembers my collection I keep the dvd's with my book collection.

Also I'm pretty lax when it comes to my books. Sure I jacket the books, keep them out of sunlight, and take a lot of precautions, but I also read my Limited and Lettered Editions. So I have no problem keeping the globe on a bookshelf, which I mentioned is strongly built. I think it would take someone throwing a baseball at it, to break.
    Geoff

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Yes do it. And then shoot it with an airgun.

Let us know the outcome.

Wanting to make yours even rarer?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Justin Case is on a distinguished road Justin Case's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff.. is the globe that big?
    Phil

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    No, I would say the globe itself is half the diameter of a baseball.
    Geoff

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Brice's little brother's comment about Brice removed.
    Last edited by Patrick; 03-26-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Comment not appropriate in this forum.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not appropriate for this thread. Please remove it.

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    No, I would say the globe itself is half the diameter of a baseball.
    Geoff is right. Also, upthread I posted a pic of the globe with the DVD case, so you can see the relative size.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Also I'm pretty lax when it comes to my books. Sure I jacket the books, keep them out of sunlight, and take a lot of precautions, but I also read my Limited and Lettered Editions.
    BLASPHEMY!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Geoff and Brice both!

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Also I'm pretty lax when it comes to my books. Sure I jacket the books, keep them out of sunlight, and take a lot of precautions, but I also read my Limited and Lettered Editions.
    BLASPHEMY!
    I know, I know, but I just can't help it. If I'm buying it I'm reading it regardless of the edition or price.
    Geoff

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read my proofs of the upcoming books!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 258 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast