Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 258 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 6446

Thread: Rare and Promotional Stephen King Items

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's hard to photograph because the logo wraps around. Here's one image:

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

That is very nice. May I ask how you got it?
    I have seen the menu posted somewhere here in the past.
    I would love to get one of these.
    Jon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    That would great. Can you tell me how you got it? Is there any chance of tracking one these down today?
    Jon
    If there is a desire I have ~8 photos of the cup, the brochure, menus (different dates), flyers, gift certificate, etc. Perhaps the most comprehensive record out there on the 'net.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Definitely.Jon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic. How did you acquire them? Have you ever seen mugs for sale recently?
    Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    Jon

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you actually have a bite to eat...or just run out with all of their signs, menus, and cutlery?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Fantastic. How did you acquire them? Have you ever seen mugs for sale recently?
    Thank you for sharing the pictures.
    Jon
    They were part of a large lot of promotional items I bought.
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Did you actually have a bite to eat...or just run out with all of their signs, menus, and cutlery?
    Yes I ate, grabbed the stuff and ran. Stiffed them on the check too.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And now Tabby has to cook for him when he decides to present his gift certificate.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A cool promotional folder promoting the release of the Viking Dark Tower editions

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

THAT is fucking cool. I want one!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Me, too!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It is pretty nifty.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Me, too!!
    Ditto. Good to see you Gretchen!. It's been a long time.

J
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two more nice promotional items .
    Proof Dust Jacket included in both folders

Four Past Midnight promotional folder from Hodder & Stoughton

Dark Half promotional folder from Hodder & Stoughton

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I own both those also and they are really neat!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If I may please ask was there ever a board game using Mr. Kings name or one based on one of the movies?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know there was a board game for the Shining, but it was something that could be downloaded and printed out. So, I don't know if you want to call that a 'board game' or not, but it was still a game based on the novel.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I know there was a board game for the Shining, but it was something that could be downloaded and printed out. So, I don't know if you want to call that a 'board game' or not, but it was still a game based on the novel.
    Thank you very much for the information. I was just wondering after hearing all the news about the Monopoly game pieces. I was shocked not to find a King game on eBay.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Shining.
    1. The Shining is a simulation of Stephen King’s horror novel of the same name. One player
    controls the sentient and evil Overlook hotel, the other the luckless Torrence family (Danny, Jack
    and Wendy), winter caretakers of the haunted estate. The Shining is played on two maps,
    representing the Overlook hotel and its immediate grounds, using counters that represent the
    Torrence family, Hallorann (The Overlook’s psychic chef and an ally of Danny’s), the Overlook’s
    animated hedge animals and assorted phantoms, and decoys to confuse the Torrence player. Also
    included are counters that represent various items which may become involved in play and
    markers for use on certain charts. Players may wish to provide scrap paper and pencils and are
    strongly encouraged to use two six sided dice when they are called for.
    Information relevant to play is located on the included counter roster and on a variety of charts
    printed with the maps. The values of a unit are printed on its counter: phantoms have a psychic
    attack strength (top left), a psychic defense strength (top right) and an activity point rating
    (bottom). Human units have one total psychic strength (top) and an activity point rating
    (bottom). Hedge animals have a combat value (left) and a movement allowance (right). The
    roster may be used for tracking damage sustained by individual units.
    2. Set Up: The Overlook player sets-up first, placing the phantom and decoy counters, face down,
    throughout the hotel and grounds. At least one unit must be placed in the starred areas: the bar,
    room 207 and the playground. No units may be placed in the Torrence’s suite, room 224. The
    hedge animals are placed in any order, face up, on the marked grounds hexes.
    The Torrence player places the Torrence units in rooms characteristic of their movements. Jack
    may begin the game in the office, the bar, the basement or the garage; Wendy in the pantry,
    kitchen, lobby or room 224, and Danny in the game room or playground. Hallorann is placed on
    the “start” square of the Hallorann arrival track.
    The mallets, two gasoline counters and the ax are put in the garage, the knife in the pantry or
    kitchen at the discretion of the Torrence player. One snowmobile is placed in the garage, the
    other placed on the “enter map” square of the Hallorann arrival track, and the information
    markers begin at the start of their various tracks. All other counters are held in reserve, to be
    used as necessary.
    Two extra gasoline counters are included for optional use. You may wish to add them to the
    game if you find that the Overlook player is winning too easily.
    3. Sequence of Play: The Shining is played in turns (as opposed to being played in prison, or in a
    tuxedo). A turn has 8 phases, played in sequence:
    Torrence player turn:
    1. Movement and activities
    2. Discovery
    3. Physical combat
    4. Mental combat
    Overlook player turn:
    1. Movement and activities
    2. Discovery
    3. Physical combat
    4. Mental combat
    4. End-game: The Shining is played until one of the following conditions is met:
    A: all phantom, decoy and hedge animal units have been removed from play,
    B: the boiler explodes,
    C: 20 turns have passed,
    D: the entire Torrence family is either dead or in the Overlook’s control.
    If the game ends in situation A, the Torrence family player has won. D is a victory for the
    Overlook player. B is a victory for the human player if Danny escapes in the company of one
    other human unit; otherwise it is considered a messy draw. If the game ends after 20 turns,
    victory is determined using “victory points:
    For the Torrences:
    each decoy removed: 5 points
    each hedge animal destroyed: 10 points
    each phantom destroyed: 15 points
    For the Overlook:
    each human killed: 15 points
    each human controlled at end of game: 20 points
    The Torrences can make a run for it, if, after at least five turns have passed, the Torrence family
    player has determined that the situation is hopeless. If they make it off the map using
    snowmobiles the escape is successful and the game ends. The Overlook will explode eventually
    when the boiler pressure grows too high, and insurance companies will ream the Torrences for
    negligence. Really, nobody should be very happy about that outcome, so the game is decided on
    victory points, with a -20 penalty to the Torrence player, if they run for it BEFORE the Overlook
    player has an “agent.” The Torrence family must escape off of the bottom edge of the map; the
    Overlook is surrounded on its other sides by mountains.
    5. Movement and activities: each human and phantom unit has an activity point total printed in
    the lower left corner of the counter. All decoy units have four activity points. During the
    movement and activity phase each counter may use up to its full total of activity points, no more.
    All the yadda yadda rules about saving and transferring activity points apply. Each square or hex
    of movement costs one activity point, except:
    garage and basement squares: 2 points
    outdoor squares after snowfall: 2-3 points
    other uses for activity points include:
    opening a closed door: 1 point
    closing an open door: 1 point
    picking up a weapon: 1 point
    calling the elevator: 1 point
    dumping the boiler: 2 points
    starting up a snowmobile: 1 point
    dragging a snowmobile out of the garage: 1 point plus movement costs
    It takes no activity points for a Torrence unit to change “facing.” Facing is relevent only for
    sighting hedge animals (described later) and for the snowmobile.
    Dropping weapons takes no activity points. Unless you drop it in somebody’s skull.
    AT THE END OF EACH TURN, NO UNIT THAT DOES NOT HAVE AT LEAST ONE
    ACTIVITY POINT SAVED MAY ATTACK.
    Diagonal movement, within the hotel, is prohibited. Squares are considered adjacent where they
    share some length of common border. If a door to an area is accessible from more than one square
    or hex, the door can be opened, closed and passed through from either adjacent square or hex.
    It is assumed that all doors in the Overlook hotel are closed; when a door is opened, place a “door
    open” marker over it.
    The elevator: Once called, the elevator will immediately proceed towards to the caller at a rate of
    two levels per movement phase. When the elevator arrives it will immediately open, and can be
    boarded for one activity point. Whichever unit called the elevator chooses a destination floor by
    selecting the appropriate destination marker, and the elevator ascends/descends to the desired
    level at the same rate. The elevator follows standard elevator rules of etiquette. If you don’t live
    in a city with elevators, these are roughly: once summoned or sent to a destination floor, the
    elevator will not reverse movement until it has reached that floor and allowed its passengers to get
    in or out. It will, on the other hand, stop at any intervening floor, provided it is called or ordered
    to do so before it has passed that floor. The elevator moves in the phase of the player controlling
    it. When it reaches its destination the marker is revealed and units in the elevator may disembark.
    The destination marker procedure may be eliminated if both players trust each other not to cheat.
    Alternately, the destination of the elevator can be jotted down on the “elevator floor call” track
    on the roster.
    Counters riding in the elevator are placed in the elevator square of the level on which they
    boarded the elevator. Place an “elevator up” or “elevator down” counter atop the stack to show
    the elevator’s direction, and move the stack to the appropriate level each turn. There is no limit
    to the number of units which may occupy the elevator.
    Snowfall: Starting on turn four, there is a chance of snow. The Torrence player rolls a die at the
    beginning of movement and consults the turn track. If the number rolled is within the range
    indicated, the snowfall has begun (the turn marker may be flipped to indicate that the snowfall has
    begun, if desired). Once the snow begins to fall the number of activity points necessary for a
    human unit to enter an outdoor hex goes up by one each turn, to a maximum of three points per
    hex - except for units riding snowmobiles.
    Vehicles: Up to three units may occupy a snowmobile (but they won’t be comfortable). Stack
    them on the snowmobile counter, with the unit at the bottom being the designated driver, the unit
    on top being the poor sap clinging to the end of the seat. The turn after it is started, a
    snowmobile can travel up to 20 hexes per turn (minus two for each unit after the first one that it
    carries) - as long as there is snow on the ground. If the snowstorm has not yet descended, you
    might as well keep the damn thing in the garage. A snowmobile can move into any of the three
    hexes in front of it, and may change ‘facing’ any number of hex-sides by using one point of its
    movement allowance PER UNIT RIDING THE SNOWMOBILE. Needless to say, the
    snowmobiles may not be used inside the hotel.
    Should a unit - hedge animal or human - occupy a space in front of a moving snowmobile, the
    driver has the option to run it over. The activity point or movement rating of the target unit is
    subtracted from the modified movement allowance of the snowmobile to yield a to-hit number. If
    the attacking player rolls equal to or less than that number on two dice the ram attempt was
    successful. If the attempt fails the snowmobile passes through the hex without hitting its target,
    and the target may make an attack at any one passenger of the snowmobile.
    If a ramming attack is successful, damage is done to the target equal to the number of hexes the
    snowmobile had traveled before hitting the target (including the target unit’s hex).
    After any ramming attempt, successful or not, each unit on the snowmobile, starting with the top
    unit, may fall off. On a roll of a 1-3 on one die the top unit falls off. If the rear-most unit falls off,
    the second unit from the back is dragged off on a die roll of 1-2. If that unit falls off and there is
    one more unit on the snowmobile, a roll of a one completes the wipe-out, and the snowmobile
    spills in the next hex. Righting a spilled snowmobile costs one activity point - but falling off a
    snowmobile is considered an entire movement. The snowmobile in the Overlook garage has
    enough gasoline in it for any maneuvering that might take place on the map, but in order to escape
    from the Overlook it will require extra fuel. Any Torrence unit in the same square with the
    snowmobile and a can of gasoline for one full movement phase is considered to have filled the
    snowmobile’s tank. Alternately, if an escaping character is carrying a full can of gasoline, the
    snowmobile can be fueled off the map.
    Stacking: there is no limit to the number of units that may occupy one hex or square. We don’t
    cotton to any of that silly “zone of control” stuff, neither. While phantom and decoy units may
    not use weapons, they may move them around, provided no such unit ends its movement with a
    weapon counter in its possession. No counter may carry more than one weapon at a time.
    Hedge animals: Hedge animals may not enter the hotel or the garage. Remember how, in the
    book, they had that really spooky effect of scampering around and getting closer when your back
    was turned? Well, for the first four turns of the game, they may only move if “unobserved.” To
    be unobserved, a hedge animal unit may not be in any of the hexes that form a 60° cone from the
    top and top-side hexes of a Torrence-controlled unit. After turn four the hedge animals have
    dispensed with stealth entirely.
    In the above diagram, a hedge animal could not move if it were in any of the hexes depicted (and
    the hexes beyond - there is no range lmitation to a character’s sight). “Line of Sight” is blocked if
    a straight line from the center of theTorrence character hex to the center of the hedge animal hex
    intersects a wall of the hotel.
    6. Discovery: At the end of movement, any inverted unit that is in the same square as, or within
    one hex of, a Torrence-controlled unit, is flipped face up. Decoys are then removed from play.
    Once flipped face up, phantom units remains face up for the rest of the game. Inverted units may
    not conduct combat. They just move around and act spooky.
    7. Combat - physical: To conduct melee combat, the attacking unit must be in the same square
    or hex as the defending unit. Combat is always voluntary; no unit may make more than one
    physical attack per turn.
    Human and phantom procedure. When a human or phantom unit attacks, one die is rolled. If the
    die roll is equal to or less than the unit’s NUMBER OF SAVED ACTIVITY POINTS it has
    attacked successfully. While phantom units can attack physically, they cannot be attacked
    physically. Nor can they use weapons. Danny cannot use the ax.
    Damage is equal to one die with the following modifiers:
    knife: +1
    mallet: +2
    ax: +3
    The total comes out of the target’s activity points. If the target is a hedge animal, damage is
    divided, at the owner’s discretion, between movement allowance and combat strength. Wounds
    can be kept track of on the counter roster. When any attribute reaches 0 a unit is dead or
    destroyed, and is removed from play. Optionally, you can leave the counter laying around for the
    sake of atmosphere. Any weapon carried by a killed human unit remains in the square or hex in
    which the unit was killed.
    Hedge animal procedure. To determine if a hedge animal hits, roll two dice. If the resulting
    number is equal to or less than the unit’s combat strength, it has hit. To determine the amount of
    damage done by a hedge animal strike, roll two dice. Subtract the total rolled from the number of
    the current turn, and add a modifier for the particular hedge animal:
    bison: +1
    dog: 0
    rabbit: -2
    lion: +2
    Hedge animals may not do negative damage, but it is possible, in the early turns of the game, that
    their attacks might be without damage. Any damage scored by a hedge animal is subtracted from
    the target’s activity points.
    The hedge animals may be attacked by a character carrying a can of gasoline at +8 damage, if the
    Torrence unit has at least two activity points available for the attack. Each can of gasoline is
    exhausted by one attack.
    8. Combat - psychic: to conduct a psychic attack, a unit must be in the same area as its target.
    “Area” is defined as one room or hallway. Outside the hotel, a unit must be adjacent to or
    stacked with a target in order to attack it. Attack strengths cannot be split or combined; all
    attacks are individual. Yadda yadda yadda.
    The objective of psychic combat varies depending on the player and the stage of the game. The
    Torrence player is seeking to destroy or dispel phantoms; the Overlook player is seeking first to
    take possession of a human unit, then to scare the other units to death. Until the Overlook has an
    agent, it may only make one psychic attack per turn, carried out by whichever phantom is able to
    do so. If two or more phantom units could carry out psychic attacks at this stage of the game, the
    Overlook player decides which of the two will attack. After securing an agent, the Overlook may
    attack with all of its phantoms on all subsequent turns.
    A psychic attack is successful if the attacking player rolls less than or equal to the attacking unit’s
    psychic strength or psychic attack strength on two dice. What happens next depends on the
    objective of the attacker.
    Attacks to dispel: subtract the phantom’s psychic defense strength from the attacker’s psychic
    strength to get a target number. If a second die roll is equal to or less than the target number, the
    phantom unit is destroyed and removed from play. If the die roll is higher than the target number,
    the phantom has been dispelled temporarily. The Overlook player removes it from play and
    replaces it at its original starting spot during the Overlook movement and activity phase the
    second turn after the unit was dispelled.
    Attacks to control: a target number is calculated in the same manner. If the Overlook player rolls
    equal to or less than the target number, the target unit is possessed and becomes the agent of the
    hotel. Flip the counter. From that point on it is controlled by the Overlook player.
    Attacks to kill: after securing an agent, the Overlook may begin terrifying the other Torrences to
    death using all of its phantoms. Any time a psychic attack performed by the hotel is successful,
    the “target number” is simply the number of points of psychic damage done to the defender. This
    damage comes out of psychic strength, and when a unit’s psychic strength reaches zero it dies of
    heart failure.
    9. The agent: When the Overlook has successfully possessed a member of the Torrence family,
    that unit is controlled by the Overlook player and acts as a agent for the hotel. The agent may
    dump the boiler, and may continue to use weapons as a human unit.
    For a limited time after the agent has been possessed there is a chance of breaking the hotel’s
    control. The Torrence player rolls a die once per turn during the Torrence psychic combat phase,
    for a number of turns equal to the agent’s psychic strength, adding one - cumulative - for each
    turn that the unit has been under hotel control. If the modified die roll is less than the agent’s
    psychic strength the unit breaks free of the Overlook’s control and returns to the control of the
    Torrence player. The die roll can be further modified by subtracting the psychic strength of any
    Torrence unit adjacent to the agent, and by adding the psychic strength of any phantom unit
    adjacent to the agent.
    Until the agent has conducted a physical attack against a Torrence unit, it may not be attacked.
    10. The boiler: At the start of the game the boiler pressure marker is placed on the square
    marked “50" on the boiler pressure level track. Every turn thereafter, if the boiler has not been
    dumped, the pressure marker will rise at a rate of TWO SQUARES PER TURN at the end of the
    turn. The boiler can only be dumped by a human unit in the boiler square. The unit must spend
    two activity points in the boiler square. On a turn in which the boiler is dumped the pressure level
    will drop by three squares and will not advance at the end of the turn. If the boiler reaches 310, it
    will explode at the end of the next turn, regardless of whether or not it is dumped. One turn after
    the boiler explodes, the elevator ceases to function. Any units still in the Overlook hotel the turn
    after that are toast.
    The human player may not let the boiler pressure advance past 210 until the Overlook player has
    initiated hostilities with at least one psychic combat.
    11. Hallorann: On any turn after the first combat - psychic or physical - takes place, Danny - and
    only Danny - may attempt to call Hallorann instead of executing a psychic attack. Only one such
    attempt may be made per turn. Danny successfully contacts Hallorann by rolling under his current
    psychic strength on two dice.
    As soon as he is contacted, Hallorann begins the voyage to the Overlook. Place his counter on
    the first square of the Hallorann arrival track. Each turn thereafter, the Torrence player rolls one
    die to determine how far along the track Hallorann advances. On a roll of a 1-4 advance the
    Hallorann counter 3 squares; on a roll of 5-6 advance him four. When Hallorann reaches the
    square marked four, the Overlook player may elect to intercept him with a hedge animal or
    phantom. One hedge animal or phantom unit is removed from the map and lost for the remainder
    of the game. Place the counter above Hallorann and resolve one round of combat between the
    two. Hallorann has a number of activity points equal to his total minus the number of squares he
    advanced before being intercepted. If the Overlook unit succeeds in wounding Hallorann without
    being wounded, Hallorann has been ambushed successfully and is removed from the game. If
    Hallorann either escapes unwounded or successfully wounds his attacker, he continues on.
    If Hallorann runs into snow (the snowfall has started while he is in the second half of his arrival
    track) he is limited to movement of three squares per turn.
    If Hallorann survives his trip, he arrives on any hex along the bottom edge of the main map, with
    a snowmobile, when he reaches the “enter map” square of the Hallorann arrival track. Hallorann
    arrives at the end of movement and may move normally the next turn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 258 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 185 ... LastLast