0 0%

0 0%

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • Never read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bracket #5: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #5: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three, 1984

Please vote for The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book deserves 5's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY LONG!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing book.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How can this not get anything less than a five?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

A 4 for me, some bits just took too long or weren't interesting to me.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    my feelings exactly

though I remember that someone said it was their least favorite DT novel. It was someone I know well, but what they said was such enormity that I blocked out completely who it was.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    my feelings exactly

though I remember that someone said it was their least favorite DT novel. It was someone I know well, but what they said was such enormity that I blocked out completely who it was.
    It might be my fav... Waste Lands is close though.... but a 5 is a for sure here...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think this is my 3rd favorite DT book. But overall it’s still in my top 20. So I gave it a 4.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5!

sk

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

5 is an understatement for this book.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

my feelings exactly

Yeah, my brain cannot even begin to process how a human being could feel that way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    my feelings exactly

Yeah, my brain cannot even begin to process how a human being could feel that way.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amanda: LOOK WHO'S TALKING

my overworked brain has already begun the process of blocking you out, with your outrageous voting on It.

Country
    Country Flag

Ten fives in a couple of hours! Great showing.

Amanda: LOOK WHO'S TALKING

my overworked brain has already begun the process of blocking you out, with your outrageous voting on It.

!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave it a 3.5. Parts were great, especially dealing with Eddie. Way, way too much of Detta/Odetta, I character I never liked much at all (regardless of what she was calling herself in any given book). The series picked up steam here, sure, but did not come into its own for me until The Waste Lands.

A 3.5 is not a failing grade. I liked it--a good read and a nice transition into the adventure and the ka-tet. But I didn't love it or think it was supergreat.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, I see... since Susannah is bears' favorite character in TDT, they can only gnash their dentures...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I gave it a 3.5. Parts were great, especially dealing with Eddie. Way, way too much of Detta/Odetta, I character I never liked much at all (regardless of what she was calling herself in any given book). The series picked up steam here, sure, but did not come into its own for me until The Waste Lands.

A 3.5 is not a failing grade. I liked it--a good read and a nice transition into the adventure and the ka-tet. But I didn't love it or think it was supergreat.
    What are your favs? Just wondering cause we are so off on what we like..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to spoil the rest of my votes, but I'll be sure to weigh in when the time comes and explain why I liked a particular book more or less than another. One thing I will say is that I'm one of the folks that think the ending was inspired. Perfect even.

Country
    Country Flag

This is why I was and am against considering The Dark Tower series as a single novel. It's quite clearly seven (or eight) separate novels. I think DT2 is one of King's best works of all, yet I believe DT4 is one of the worst. That's probably one of the few if not the only one that's getting a 1 from me.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DT4 is one of the most passionate, heart-felt novels King has written.
    It's my absolute favorite of the (DT)series.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

This is why I was and am against considering The Dark Tower series as a single novel. It's quite clearly seven (or eight) separate novels.
    you wouldn't get bears started again, would you?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just saying the series is very uneven. And that's to be expected, since it was written over the period of most of King's career, where he had his ups and downs (mostly ups, such as in the mid-eighties with, amongst others, DT2).

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

my feelings exactly

It was probably me. As a standalone book I didn't think it worked well. I think it should have been condensed down to a few chapters of a larger book. Of course when it comes to anything DT related I'm in the minority. The only one I enjoyed was The Wastelands.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I have to reveal a horrible secret, Heather - none of them work for me as standalone books. They just don't exist as such. I vote, obediently, because pablo told me to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast