Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bates Motel *Spoilers!*

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Have you watched the ep where they're in bed together, or is that episode 2? And my spoiler is pretty vague, but I put it in tags just in case.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All caught up now (though I haven't seen tonight's episode yet) and really enjoying this season. Especially the tension between Norma and Norman.

And I'm still really worried for Emma. I was worried in the premiere but by episode 3 with her dressing provocatively to attract Norman, raising her voice, I'm really worried that he's going to do something.

And regarding your spoiler, Heather, I hope that they do more with the Arcanum club. It was too interesting to just have in that episode.

What does everyone think is on Annika's flashdrive?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the finale last night and was pretty underwhelmed. It was pretty obvious that Norman was going to kill Bradley the moment they brought her back. The only question was how and when. I did like how Norman "changed" into Norma when he did it though. The editing was really good.

I've been worried for Dylan and Emma all season, so I was surprised that no one else died though (except Bob Paris). It does seem to be a pattern that Romero kills someone every finale.

Also, can't believe no one was put in that pit! I thought for sure Norman would dump Bradley in there, but I guess it really was just to irritate Norma.

Overall I liked this season a lot (when it focused on Norma and Norman), and though there was still some filler with the Dylan + Caleb + Chick stuff, it wasn't nearly as aggravating as the drug cartel subplot from last year.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just watched the finale last night and was pretty underwhelmed. It was pretty obvious that Norman was going to kill Bradley the moment they brought her back. The only question was how and when. I did like how Norman "changed" into Norma when he did it though. The editing was really good.

I've been worried for Dylan and Emma all season, so I was surprised that no one else died though (except Bob Paris). It does seem to be a pattern that Romero kills someone every finale.

Also, can't believe no one was put in that pit! I thought for sure Norman would dump Bradley in there, but I guess it really was just to irritate Norma.

Overall I liked this season a lot (when it focused on Norma and Norman), and though there was still some filler with the Dylan + Caleb + Chick stuff, it wasn't nearly as aggravating as the drug cartel subplot from last year.
    I see what you mean, but I really loved the finale. I also thought this was a very good season.

I really loved that final shot as they panned out with the song "Be My Baby" playing. Perfect.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really enjoyed this season as well. Especially how we finally get to see Norman becoming Norma. I've been waiting for this since it started. It also made it a lot creepier. Norman seriously unnerves me, and I always feel uncomfortable watching his scenes now. Which goes to show how good of an actor he is.

I hope next year has even less drug subplot. Wasn't thrilled with the whole Dylan storyline or the club one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Norman seriously unnerves me, and I always feel uncomfortable watching his scenes now.
    For real! I can't tell you how many times I cringed watching this season.

Still no news of a renewal, but I keep hearing it's been unofficially renewed, though there hasn't been an announcement yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed this season as well. Especially how we finally get to see Norman becoming Norma. I've been waiting for this since it started. It also made it a lot creepier. Norman seriously unnerves me, and I always feel uncomfortable watching his scenes now. Which goes to show how good of an actor he is.

I hope next year has even less drug subplot. Wasn't thrilled with the whole Dylan storyline or the club one.
    I get that feeling too, but he still comes off endearing sometimes to me and I feel bad for him a lot. That's truly what makes him an interesting character.

Also, I think it will get renewed. A&E doesn't have a ton of original shows. Especially ones that are as well received as Bates.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished catching up on this show, and I've been massively enjoying it. When I first checked out the first season, I was initially sceptical that a reboot/prequel of Psycho could work, but both the good reviews and hearing that Jean thought it was ok (which is practically high praise when it comes to recent TV), I checked out the first season on Netflix. It really surprised me how great it was. I watched season 2 last week, then rushed out to get season 3 on blu-ray, not something I often do with many TV shows these days.

I love that it's just 10 episodes a season. With something like Norman Bates's descent into madness, you definitely don't want to drag it out or lose focus. It's filled in the time with other sub-plots, but the main focus has been Norman and Norma, which I've really liked. I think my favourite thing about the show is how likeable Norman is, especially in in seasons 1 and 2. He definitely still had his problems, but he was easily sympathetic. It just makes it that much more horrifying when he does do horrific things, especially at the end of season 3. (There's a reason I included that line in my signature.) I'm continually impressed by both Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore.

Also, has anyone else seen this? This is absolutely fantastic! (And due to strong language, possibly NSFW.)

Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I was initially sceptical that a reboot/prequel of Psycho could work
    I was too, and watched the pilot out of curiosity. It was easily one of the best pilot episodes I'd seen. I was hooked after that.

Pretty sure it's been renewed for a fourth and fifth (final) season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I hope the fifth is the final one and they don't commission any more, as you don't want Norman's development dragged out for too long. Hell, he's pretty much past the point of no return already.

- Melike

Five seasons sound good to me. I don't want them to drag it out too long either.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think they've always had a 5-season plan in mind, so I hope that'll be it. Maybe that'll decrease the time spent on the sub-plots (like the drug stuff).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just watched last night's episode. I know this thread is marked spoilers, but just in case:
    Spoiler:
    Holy fuck! Norman's pretty much gone full Psycho already! I would've thought it would've been considerably longer before his next kill, really. Not that I'm complaining. The build-up to that murder was definitely tense to watch. And how fucking dumb was Emma's mother?!? Sees Norman in a woman's robe and decides to have a chat with him?!?

What I liked about this episode was how focused on Norman and Norma it was. Nothing distracting like a town conspiracy or gang wars. Since we all know the best part is Norman and Norma's beyond toxic relationship, it's a really promising start.

Also, can I mention how much I fucking love Norma? "I need insurance, you have insurance. Let's get married." XD

- Melike

I thought it was a great episode. I know I say this all the time, but man, Norman is sooooo creepy. Especially now. Wasn't expecting that ending. Can't wait to see what happens this season.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't done my Season 3 re-watch yet, so I missed the premiere last night. Also wanted to check out Damien. Anyone watch it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not yet, but I'm definitely curious. A sequel series to the original Omen film is an interesting idea, to be sure. I might be more sceptical, but Bates Motel has definitely made me more open minded with such shows.

- Melike

I dvr'd it, just tried to watch it but the opening was so boring I stopped and put something else on I'll try again though.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So how fantastic was last night's episode? I loved how it almost entirely focused on Norman and Norma, and how each suspected the other. Norman's become so close to the version we see in Psycho, it's scary. Even when he's being charming as the hotel manager to the family renting a room. There was nothing remotely sinister about him, which made it worse - just the idea of someone so innocent looking hiding so much madness. Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga are such great, great actors, so I loved how much the episode focused on just the two of them alone. My only worry is Norman going to the mental hospital - how long will it last, and what plots will the writers create to distract us in the meantime? I know we've been waiting for the moment of when Norman truly becomes "Mother", and he achieved that at the end of season 3, so how much plot and development can the writers have for the remaining 18 episodes of the whole series other than Norman killing Norma?

- Melike

I really enjoyed it as well. I didn't think it was possible, but Norman keeps getting creepier and creepier. I love how delusional he is now. And you're right. Freddie and Vera are such amazing actors. I'm not sure the show would be as powerful with 2 different actors in their place. I kinda wonder what the storyline will be this season. Will he be in the asylum for the whole season? Will he tell them his version of what's going on, or will he lie to protect his mother? The one thing that I do hope is that they get rid of the stupid drug storyline. It was taking up too much of the shows time, for what I think should have just been a very minor side story.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, even Emma's dad was basically saying to Dylan, "Son, you need to stop working with pot. I know that this show needs a bit of sub-plot, and you're next to fucking useless at times without the drug storyline, but the writers can do better. Hell, last season, your best episode was when you were looking after Norman with Emma while Norma ran off and banged her psychiatrist. I'm sure the writers can focus on that, until Norman kills at least one of you (my bet's on Emma, I mean I know I'm her dad 'n all, but even I can't miss the irony of my daughter getting murdered not long after a life-saving operation). So seriously, give up the pot, this isn't fucking Breaking Bad, after all!"

I'm pretty sure that's what he basically said, anyway.

- Melike

So who's still watching, and who saw the finale?!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So who's still watching, and who saw the finale?!
    I am of course!! Fantastic season. The show has really cut out a lot of the fat and Farmiga and Highmore were just knocking it out of the park every episode. That finale was just mind blowing in all honesty.

I'm not really sure why more people aren't watching Bates? Maybe it's the fact that it's on A&E? I think it's just that people think it's some low rent knock off of a classic film, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Yeah, it's definitely a top notch show in every sense. Production wise, and the acting by both Freddie and Vera is absolutely amazing. I'm so glad they got rid of most of the side plots this season and it was mostly just about Norma and Norman. And what a heartbreaking ending, to see how Norma's love for her son was the demise of her. I really wasn't expecting that type of ending to the season. The final season should be very interesting.

One thing that I thought was weird though was that Dylan wasn't present. You would have thought he would have been contacted? I wonder what will happen with him next season. Also one other thing that really bugged me was why was the institution not contacted? I know Norman signed himself in and out, but with his current state of mind, there was no mention of his psychiatrist, and wasn't he having regular meetings with him. He should have known about what happened, and in turn been highly concerned about Norman, no?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's definitely a top notch show in every sense. Production wise, and the acting by both Freddie and Vera is absolutely amazing. I'm so glad they got rid of most of the side plots this season and it was mostly just about Norma and Norman. And what a heartbreaking ending, to see how Norma's love for her son was the demise of her. I really wasn't expecting that type of ending to the season. The final season should be very interesting.

One thing that I thought was weird though was that Dylan wasn't present. You would have thought he would have been contacted? I wonder what will happen with him next season. Also one other thing that really bugged me was why was the institution not contacted? I know Norman signed himself in and out, but with his current state of mind, there was no mention of his psychiatrist, and wasn't he having regular meetings with him. He should have known about what happened, and in turn been highly concerned about Norman, no?
    Agreed about the side plots. Trimming the fat was a real benefit to this show this year. I think this proves that when a show has an ending decided, the storytelling is enhanced. There's just no reason to include filler episodes.

I'm thinking that Dylan gets incorporated into the show next year by coming back to town to take care of Norman. As for the psych ward not being contacted, I think that was simply an oversight.

I was thinking about this the other day and I really think the perfect final shot for this show is a young blonde woman showing up at the motel looking for a room. This will bookend the movie perfectly.

Oh, that would be good.

Do you think the mental institution will come into play next season?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast