Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bates Motel *Spoilers!*

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bates Motel *Spoilers!*

I can't believe there's not a thread for this!

Just caught up on last week's episode. I really loved the scene of Norman "becoming" Norma. It seems like it's only going to escalate from here now, and I'm worried for Dylan, Cody, and Emma. I think someone's not going to make it through the season alive.

I'm liking this season overall, but it feels like it's not as focused as last season was. It seems like there's a lot of storylines going on (Miss Watson's death, Caleb, Norma's new friend (I don't trust her either), and the new pot "boss"), so there's not really a primary story to focus on.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Excellent thread Ricky!

I agree. I do wish they would focus on one or two stories. But maybe they'll all tie together by the end of the season. And that scene with Norman becoming Norma was perfect!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I'm hoping. It seems like they've sidelined the Miss Watson storyline for now, which is confusing because I thought it was going to be the main one for the season.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bates is a good show. I love Vera Farmiga, so that helps.

I could have sworn there was a Bates Motel thread around here last year, but I looked and couldn't find it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I thought so too, so I was surprised that there wasn't one already.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just searched as well, and don't see any old thread. Kinda surprising, but at least we have one now to discuss it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We must have discussed it in the General TV thread or something.

Anyway, I love how the show does its best to tie into the movie as much as possible. I also think Freddie Highmore has done an amazing job as Norman.

Definitely, he's so creepy and makes you a little uneasy. I wasn't sure how I was initially going to like the modernization of it, but I think they've done a wonderful job. And like Ricky mentioned above, that scene where he becomes Norma was excellent.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. When I first heard they were going to do a modern Psycho prequel, I thought it would be horrible. I watched the Pilot out of curiosity and was blown away by how good it was.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I plan to post in here once I get caught up.

I was a little let down by this past weeks episode. I'm not sure I like the whole drug story being front and center. As a side story like in season 1 it was ok, but now I feel like they're moving that to be the main focus of the show.

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't let down, but I definitely feel like it's moving slower than last season. Which I don't understand. Last season was so faced-paced with just one or two main storylines, but this season is slower with more. I wish they would just get rid of Cody and the whole drug sub-plot and focus more on Norma and Norman's relationship and the town. We're halfway through the season already.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

downloading season 1 now

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent Jean, I do hope you enjoy it.

Also has anyone seen this past weeks episode yet?! They're very good at giving you a punch at the end of the episodes and leave you wanting more. The Walking Dead should take a cue from them

Also,
    Spoiler:
    did she really collect semen from Norm? Or was she matching it to something else?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

finished season 1

it's very enjoyable, good for relaxing at the end of a day, though nothing truly extraordinary - except for one aspect:

I hereby declare that I am officially in love with Vera Farmiga

Country
    Country Flag

Just caught up on the past couple of episodes (haven't seen this week's though). I'm enjoying it, but the more we get into the season, the more it's starting to feel a little stretched. I really wish they'd get rid of the drug storyline and give Emma something to do already.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Also,
    Spoiler:
    did she really collect semen from Norm? Or was she matching it to something else?
    I was just wondering this too. After I read your post I went back and re-watched that scene and the female officer says that Norman's DNA (I guess from the cheek swab) matched the semen in Ms. Watson. So I guess they can use any of Norman's DNA to see if it matches, rather than it having to be semen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    though nothing truly extraordinary
    You are hereby banned from this thread.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

but I said: nothing except Vera! except Vera!!!

So has anyone seen the finale yet? I enjoyed it. Especially how we get to see more of Norman becoming Norma. I could still do without the whole drug storyline though.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a good finale. Should be interesting to see where they go from here. I must say, I didn't enjoy the season as much as the first. I felt it was somewhat uneven and lacked focus at times.

That being said, Freddy Highmore is doing an amazing job and I love Vera Farmiga.

I agree. I really hope next season is focused more on Norman and Norma. And forgets tossing in all these little subplots that go nowhere.

And yes, Freddy is amazing. He is sooooo creepy as Norman.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the drug subplot doesn't do anything for me. I would also like to see them work in the motel a little bit more. It was such a huge part of the movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So has anyone seen the finale yet? I enjoyed it. Especially how we get to see more of Norman becoming Norma. I could still do without the whole drug storyline though.
    I just watched the finale and thought it was really, really good. I love how it was so focused on Norma and Norman, which I feel like it hasn't been too much this season.

I was wondering where they're going to go next season if Norman ended up revealing to Romero that he killed Ms. Watson, so the end with "Norma" convincing him that she killed her was a surprise for me, and really intriguing.

And Norman's look at the end was so creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I must say, I didn't enjoy the season as much as the first. I felt it was somewhat uneven and lacked focus at times.
    I'm with you, Mike. I still enjoyed it, but not like last season. I think the drug sub-plot would be fine if it directly involved Norma and Norman, but it just feels like they're adding it to give Dylan something to do.

And I really hope they give Emma more to do next season. She was such a great, quirky character last season, but this year they seemed to leave her on the sidelines.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Had to dig up the thread since Season 3 has started. What does everyone think so far?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I'm loving it. Norman is extra creepy and I'm loving how uncomfortable Norma and Normans relationship is making me feel. The drug subplot still needs to go away though, it's my least favorite part of the show. Also I know you're not there yet Ricky, but after the final moments of this weeks ep,
    Spoiler:
    I really wonder what's going on and what type of involvement this club has.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah! I want to click on that so bad.

And I totally agree about Norma and Norman's relationship. It's extra uncomfortable because now Norma is beginning to realize that it might not be normal. I have a feeling that that may be why Norman wants to go out with Emma: as a substitute for the love and affection that he's not getting from Norma now.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast