Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: 2014 Video Game thread

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2014 Video Game thread

This thread will operate pretty much like the "2014 Movie Thread" over at the gem theater. We all list games we've played or are playing throughout the year.

Sly Copper: Thieves in Time - PS3
    Ratchet & Clank: Into Nexus - PS3
    Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - Gamecube
    Altered Beast - Sege Genesis
    Super Adventure Island - SNES
    Lode Runner - NES
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thief - XBox One
    Titan Fall - Xbox one
    Infamous Second Son - PS4

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ratchet & Clank : Into The Nexus
    Assassin's Creed IV
    God of War Ascension
    The Walking Dead, Season 2 (currently playing)
    The Wolf Among Us (currently playing)

Will probably have Dark Souls II by the end of the week.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a huge Ratchet & Clank fan and I got a platinum for Into Nexus, but I thought the game was kind of a let down. It felt kind of thrown together. I'm looking forward to the Ratchet & Clank film as well as the first game on the PS4.

I'm also a huge God of War fan. I've stayed away from Ascension because of the reviews. How is it?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Centipede
    Tempest
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm a huge Ratchet & Clank fan and I got a platinum for Into Nexus, but I thought the game was kind of a let down. It felt kind of thrown together. I'm looking forward to the Ratchet & Clank film as well as the first game on the PS4.
    I think what happened is that Insomniac felt the pressures of the incoming console generation switch, and since they were -presumably - halfway through production of Nexus they decided to wrap it up and focus all their efforts on titles for the PS4/Xbox one. I was let down by the length of the campaign, but I did like it overall.

I'm also a huge God of War fan. I've stayed away from Ascension because of the reviews. How is it?
    I stayed away because of the reviews too, but honestly it's not that bad. If you love the other titles, you'll like this one.

The only thing that really bugged me is that there were no additional weapons to switch to. Your blades of chaos were infused with different powers (Hades souls, Zeus' lightning etc.,) but it didn't feel like you had the kind of options at your disposal as you would if you were playing GoW3, for instance.

But like I said, if you're a fan of the series, you'll still have tons of fun playing it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. That's good to hear about GoW. I will probably pick it up on the cheap whenever I see it.

Is Ratchet & Clank going to be released for XBOX? It's a Sony exclusive. That would really bug me if it were going to be released on XBOX. I have no problem with sharing the wealth, as a fan of Sony I'm not trying to hoard the exclusive titles. It just seems like tons of games end up going to XBOX and nothing from XBOX ever comes to the Playstation. The only game I can think of is Mass Effect.

This makes sense for them to build and expand the Ratchet & Clank brand before the film comes out.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I've recently started gaming a lot more. Reason? I got my FIRST EVER flatscreen TV! (Samsung 46" LED Smart TV)
    I don't really solve very many games completely, so I will just list them if I spend a number of hours on them and have some fun playing em.

SO here are my games played in 2014:

1. Hexic (Xbox 360)
    Came with my original system. I love this addictive takeoff on Tetris/Bejewelled. I've NEVER won the game however (by grouping three black pearls together)

2. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360) Damn I am not good at this game! I have to try missions over and over again before I succeed LOL

3. Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360) Haven't gotten very far in this one yet, but man do i really love these immersive Rockstar games. Have a feeling I may like this one more than GTA when all is said and done because I relate more than the Man with No Name than a Thugaboo.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Red Dead Redemption. The expansion Zombie game for it was fun too.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The zombie expansion pack for Red Dead Redemption is the greatest DLC of all time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The zombie expansion pack for Red Dead Redemption is the greatest DLC of all time.
    One of the few times I paid for dlc and it was well worth it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Lode Runner - NES
    South Park: Stick of Truth - PS3

Traveler aglance is on a distinguished road aglance's Avatar

I love videogames! Mainly an rpg person. Currently I'm going through all of the Final Fantasy games (except the mmo), and preparing for Dragonage III

Final Fantasy 3 (on 3ds)
    Final Fantasy 4 (current)
    Zelda, a Link between Worlds
    Dragonage 2

Any other rpg-ers?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge fan of RPG's. I love final fantasy. I've played FF1-13 as well as Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'm also a huge Suikoden fan. Suikoden II is my favorite RPG of all time. Other RPG's I like: Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Wild Arms series, Vagrant Story, Xenogears and the Fire Emblem series.

I'm currently playing South Park: Stick of Truth. Believe it or not, it's a great RPG.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I've recently started gaming a lot more. Reason? I got my FIRST EVER flatscreen TV! (Samsung 46" LED Smart TV)
    I don't really solve very many games completely, so I will just list them if I spend a number of hours on them and have some fun playing em.

1. Hexic (Xbox 360)
    Came with my original system. I love this addictive takeoff on Tetris/Bejewelled. I've NEVER won the game however (by grouping three black pearls together)

2. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360) Damn I am not good at this game! I have to try missions over and over again before I succeed LOL

3. Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360) Haven't gotten very far in this one yet, but man do i really love these immersive Rockstar games. Have a feeling I may like this one more than GTA when all is said and done because I relate more than the Man with No Name than a Thugaboo.
    4. Started playing Marvel Heroes online (PC) It is a pretty cool game. Free to play. Diablo clone. Playing as Punisher for my first toon.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aglance View Post
    I love videogames! Mainly an rpg person. Currently I'm going through all of the Final Fantasy games (except the mmo), and preparing for Dragonage III

Final Fantasy 3 (on 3ds)
    Final Fantasy 4 (current)
    Zelda, a Link between Worlds
    Dragonage 2

Any other rpg-ers?
    Those are great games. I have been replaying the Ultimate edition of Dragon Age: Origins in anticipation of DA3.
    I have been thinking of doing a replay of FF3US/6JP lately. That is my favorite game of all time.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Lode Runner - NES
    G.I. Joe - NES

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Lode Runner - NES
    G.I. Joe - NES
    Mega Man 2 - NES

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Lode Runner - NES
    G.I. Joe - NES
    Mega Man 2 - NES
    Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - DS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hydrophobia
    Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
    Dead Rising 2
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Halo 3
    Dead Island
    Shoot Many Robots
    Sleeping Dogs
    Hitman: Absolution
    Deadlight
    Dead Space (RP)
    Gears of War 3
    Dust: An Elysian Tail
    Saints Row: The Third
    Assassin's Creed 3
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

1. Hexic (Xbox 360)
    I destroyed Hexic. Used to play it all the time back in the day.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Assassin's Creed, has anybody seen the Assassin's Creed Unity trailer? My god it looks amazing. These next gen games are hyper realistic looking. I didn't think the graphics could get a whole lot better, but I was wrong.

The crazy thing is that these games are coming out early in the life cycle and they look this good. Imagine how good they are going to look when the developers have a chance to fully understand the ins and outs of each system.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's why I never bother with systems right away. You're waiting a minimum one year until any real good games come out and even then, there will be more junk than good games until around the 2 year mark...then you have to wait until the five year + mark until developers really understand what these systems can do. Some great games are so awkward to play for me now due to older gameplay mechanics like Cod 2, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and F.E.A.R./F.E.A.R. files...lower aiming sensitivity, clunkier controls, archaic mechanics compared to later entries in the series...Cod2 was the hardest Cod to beat on Veteran because the highest aiming sensitivity is the equivalent of six on recent cod games and I use 14 sensitivity so it frustrating how slow the aiming was. I got an 360 when MW2 was released and their wasn't a whole heck of a lot that I missed before that and what I missed I caught up on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    That's why I never bother with systems right away. You're waiting a minimum one year until any real good games come out and even then, there will be more junk than good games until around the 2 year mark...then you have to wait until the five year + mark until developers really understand what these systems can do. Some great games are so awkward to play for me now due to older gameplay mechanics like Cod 2, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and F.E.A.R./F.E.A.R. files...lower aiming sensitivity, clunkier controls, archaic mechanics compared to later entries in the series...Cod2 was the hardest Cod to beat on Veteran because the highest aiming sensitivity is the equivalent of six on recent cod games and I use 14 sensitivity so it frustrating how slow the aiming was. I got an 360 when MW2 was released and their wasn't a whole heck of a lot that I missed before that and what I missed I caught up on.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I bought a PS3 when GTA4 came out. I still have games on the PS2 I want to play. I will always have a backlog. I'm still buying games for systems that came out in the 80's and 90's that I always wanted to play.

Traveler hasseb432 will become famous soon enough hasseb432's Avatar

Bioshock Infinite - PS3
    Lode Runner - NES