14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Traveler Merlin6399 is on a distinguished road

^ Thanks so much Bill.

Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

Hey all,

I'm here at the warehouse, where Kelly, Josh, and I have just gone through more than a carton's worth of copies of The Shining. We confirmed that the fading where the cloth transitions to the marbled paper is indeed an artifact of the printing process. I'm relieved to say the fading shows up far worse in digital photos than in real life, so those who haven't received their copies of The Shining yet shouldn't be overly concerned. We also experimented with a few traycases, and alas, the pigment does transfer to the suede inside the cases far too readily.

Vincent Chong this morning to confirm that he'll create a new (likely wraparound) image for the dust jacket that we'll be sending out for the limited edition.

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding while we sorted these issues out. I very much appreciate it.

Finally, I should be sending out an email later this week to those who bought the limited from us, one that summarizes the problems, and lets them know how to take advantage of the remedy we've offered.

Best,

Bill
    SubPress

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't received my copy or a notice of shipping yet, but even if there is no damage, will it be possible to get one of the offered dust jackets? I think it would be a good way of protecting the book from future rubbing.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Bill, what about those that didn't order directly from SubPress? I got mine from a third party so how should we proceed with the process?
    Thanks!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I haven't received my copy or a notice of shipping yet, but even if there is no damage, will it be possible to get one of the offered dust jackets? I think it would be a good way of protecting the book from future rubbing.
    I would like to know this too. I have not gotten mine yet either....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Along the Path of the Beam subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough subpress is a jewel in the rough

You'll need to get in touch with the seller.

Best,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by subie09lega View Post
    Hi Bill, what about those that didn't order directly from SubPress? I got mine from a third party so how should we proceed with the process?
    Thanks!

We'll be sending the dust jacket to everyone who purchased a copy.

Best,

Bill

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by subpress View Post
    Hi all,

Everyone who chooses to keep their copy will receive:
    1. A replacement traycase upon receipt of proof that yours suffered from more than minimal color transfer;

Excellent solution! I definately want a replacement case.

2. A dust jacket created especially for the limited edition;

Excellent solution! a cover will stop the bleeding.

3. A coupon code good for $40 off any purchase later this year through the SubPress website.

I would prefer a cash reimbursement of $40-$100. The book is still damaged and i only collect King books. The $40 would go unclaimed and i still have a somewhat damaged book.

I understand some of you may not be happy with the refund or remedy offered. Again, I would appreciate if folks would remain courteous in emailing me.

No reason to get mad! YOur working on a solution!

Best,

Bill
    SubPress

My thoughts outlined above!

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I think bill is fair in the options he's providing as a remedy. If you want money back for a damaged book you should return the book and get a full refund not keep the book and ask for a partial cash back refund.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not at all familiar with hand marbled paper, but I would think the paper could be sealed befor the binding process. I a m not saying this as a complaint or to be an ass but any artist who uses pencils or charcoal can tell you there are archival sprays that seal the image to the paper and prevent smudging, transfer. I wonder if they investigation into what happened might show a step was missed somewhere in the process? I hope this doesn't prevent Sub. Press from using marbled boards, or other interesting designs for their books. They tried to make a numbered edition that I feel was as nice as a lot of lettered editions, and deserve props for this!

Ken

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

We'll be sending the dust jacket to everyone who purchased a copy.

Best,

Bill

Thanks Bill!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

This is just my opinion-------------

My email to Bill was very polite and offered similar solutions - replacement book, add a cover, new tray case. I would love an undamaged replacement book!

I still think a partial refund in lieu of a gift certificate is my preferred option. I looked at the website again - there is just nothing there that i would order. My book has wear on the cover and two lines that should not be there. They look like scratches. These are very obvious. I will post pictures later.

I want a Book (just not the one I have). So if i am forced to choose between a damaged book and no back at all. I have to keep the damaged book.

Preferred option is a replacement book.

Toyota just sent out checks (cash) for perceived devaluation of their products! They sent out alot of cash!

Some settlements (jiffy lube, blockbuster) come in terms of gift certificates and others in cash. I think it will be individually negotiated, not argued or solved on this site. I was just wanting Bill to see my opinion before a "final" offer was made.

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrowley View Post
    I think bill is fair in the options he's providing as a remedy. If you want money back for a damaged book you should return the book and get a full refund not keep the book and ask for a partial cash back refund.
    Maybe we can agree to disagree.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best,

Bill

Thanks!
    So, Bill, even though one may have bought this book through Cemetery Dance, Camelot, eBay, etc... the only way to get an issue resolved is if you purchased it through the SubPress site? As you've already stated, this is a manufacturing defect of the book and all problems should be taken care of by YOU not the seller. It shouldn't matter where one originally purchased the book as long as you provide proof of a damaged copy.

Unless your package arrived and had obvious damage on the outside of the box which could affect the contents on the inside then you can file a claim with the post office and contact the seller.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This book will NEVER be on my shelves.

Default Damaged Books Sent to Resellers

You misunderstand. We'll work with our retailers to resolve issues they have with any copies they are sent.

Bill
    SubPress

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post

Best,

Bill

Thanks!
    So, Bill, even though one may have bought this book through Cemetery Dance, Camelot, eBay, etc... the only way to get an issue resolved is if you purchased it through the SubPress site? As you've already stated, this is a manufacturing defect of the book and all problems should be taken care of by YOU not the seller. It shouldn't matter where one originally purchased the book as long as you provide proof of a damaged copy.

Unless your package arrived and had obvious damage on the outside of the box which could affect the contents on the inside then you can file a claim with the post office and contact the seller.

Hi.

I'm sorry if it's not the solution you'd prefer, but monetarily, we're only offering full refunds for returned books.

Best,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

My email to Bill was very polite and offered similar solutions - replacement book, add a cover, new tray case. I would love an undamaged replacement book!

I still think a partial refund in lieu of a gift certificate is my preferred option. I looked at the website again - there is just nothing there that i would order. My book has wear on the cover and two lines that should not be there. They look like scratches. These are very obvious. I will post pictures later.

I want a Book (just not the one I have). So if i am forced to choose between a damaged book and no back at all. I have to keep the damaged book.

Toyota just sent out checks (cash) for perceived devaluation of their products! They sent out alot of cash!

Some settlements (jiffy lube, blockbuster) come in terms of gift certificates and others in cash. I think it will be individually negotiated, not argued or solved on this site. I was just wanting Bill to see my opinion before a "final" offer was made.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Because?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Because?
    ??? other than a small issue they are going to fix... I would love to know why as well? I cannot wait to get mine
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=subpress;837029]Hi.

I'm sorry if it's not the solution you'd prefer, but monetarily, we're only offering full refunds for returned books.

Best,

Bill

Just curious?

Is there no books available to replace my copy? You stated previously that you have not had very many complaints about the books, has something changed? Is there more damaged books than previously thought?

The Shining (and Salem's lot) are my top two SK books!

Thanks! Glen

Country
    Country Flag

Hi.

Best,

Bill

wonder what happens to the returned books..... junked??? If so the copies of this in perfect shape are going to be a fortune...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hi.

Best,

Bill

wonder what happens to the returned books..... junked??? If so the copies of this in perfect shape are going to be a fortune...
    This was my point earlier in the thread and although the publisher has no commitment to honor any resale value, I think this should be taken into account because a portion of us were left with damaged books while the other got a fix in time. I am sympathetic to Bill's situation but I'm not sure if I'm happy with the solution. Keep a damaged book, or return it for a full refund and try to pick up a Fine copy on the secondary market.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I tend to agree with you roseannebarr

My Mood
    Inspired

I think sky (though correct me if I'm wrong) had an issue with a previous statement made by Bill. He stated that they were aware this issue could happen (though not to this extent) but didn't inform the customers who had ordered.

I have to slightly agree with him in that, we should have been made aware of the issue. Now, that being said the book is on my shelf and matches my DR. SLEEP. customer service has always been great but I am probably in the minority that thinks the solution isn't really right.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got the email that my copy is on the way. I'm hoping it will be OK since it should be wrapped in a bag instead of in the case itself. I already have my gloves and a sheet of glassine ready so I can cover the book without touching it.

Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast