Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: King and Hill nominees for Bram Stoker Award

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Default King and Hill nominees for Bram Stoker Award

Both Joe Hill and King are nominees for a Bram this year for Superior Achievement in a Novel (NOS4A2 and Doctor Sleep). The Bram Stoker banquet dinner is on May 10th in Portland Oregon. It looks like you can buy a ticket to the banquet for $50 without registering for the World Horror Convention (but not sure).

Anyone know what the chances are that King and Hill will attend? Anyone ever been to one of these award banquets? Looks like there are still tickets available.

http://www.stokers2014.org/
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be very surprised if King showed, and moderately surprised if Hill showed. They are nominees, not winners (yet).

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'd be very surprised if King showed, and moderately surprised if Hill showed. They are nominees, not winners (yet).
    I guess Im assuming the banquet dinner is where they announce and award the winners. The site says "The 2014 World Horror Convention is proud to host the 2014 Bram Stoker Awards Banquet (honoring 2013 achievement in the horror genre)"

Was hoping someone here had some experience or knowledge about the annual event?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I've been many times -- even been nominated a couple of times. I would put the odds of Steve attending at zero. Joe attended World Horror the year it was in Austin as a guest of honor (I interviewed him), but he doesn't tend to go otherwise. The HWA Stoker banquet isn't always part of World Horror (WHC and HWA are separate entities), but it has been frequently in recent years. The winners will be announced during the banquet.

My Mood
    Twisted

Oops posted this before seeing Bev's answer.
    Thanks Bev.

Well I was right about my assumption:

"The Winners are announced and the Bram Stoker Awards presented at a gala banquet, normally during the period between March and June." http://www.horror.org/awards/stokers.htm

And wondering since two out of the five SUPERIOR ACHIEVEMENT IN A NOVEL nominees are from the King family if one or both might show up?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I strongly suspect that Dallas (Jack Ketchum) would accept on Steve's behalf. He's done so in the past. Joe is s remote possibility, but very remote. He isn't on the convention's membership list, but sometimes people with higher profiles ask that they not be included among those registered. Still, I think it's a long, long shot that either would be there.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack Ketchum is a really, really nice guy. I've exchanged a few e-mails with him over the years. I very much enjoy his books too.

My Mood
    Twisted

Appreciate the input Bev.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I can figure out how to acquire tickets.. I will attend.
    Portand is just a stones throw anyway, might as well.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Twisted

This link should work.

Click the "Add to Cart" button next to the Bram Stoker Awards Banquet 2014 heading
    It doesnt look like you need to register for the convention to buy a banquet ticket.

http://www.worldhorror2014.org/registration/