Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Moving to Nashville - Damn You, Adulthood

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Moving to Nashville - Damn You, Adulthood

Hey guys. not quite sure what my point is with this thread but i am moving to Nashville after graduation, and i guess i'm wondering if any of you are around the area/have any advice? i dunno. It's happening within two months and while i am moving down there with a friend and am working on lining up a job down there, i'm having massive anxiety about it because we haven't found a place to live yet and just ...

maybe any general life tips to being an adult, not specific to Nashville? i'd accept those too

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Nashville is a cool city. I graduated from WKU (W. Kentucky) which is located in Bowling Green, about an hour's drive north of Nash. We would go down from time-to-time for concerts and whatnot. I always thought it was a great place, lots of culture and always something going on. You'll like it.

Plus, they have their own comic-con the last week of September. If you're into that sort of thing.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The week after I graduated from law school, I moved from Pennsylvania to South Carolina. No job, no permanent apartment (I had a 3-month sublet for while I was studying for the bar though, so not homeless), no friends. After those 3 months of living hell, I went back up to PA, grabbed my boyfriend and cat, and moved all my stuff permanently (I did have an apartment at that time). I eventually got a really good job and bought a house, among other adult things. It is scary, but it's also a great experience to just pick up and move. And you'll never have a better time than now. While I've never been, I hear Nashville is pretty cool.

Of course, I gradually began to hate where I live and can hardly wait for my boyfriend to graduate from grad school so we can get the hell out of here, but I digress.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm in Nashville!

Sorry that I don't have any actual advice about moving to Nashville. But, just breathe, Jen! You're beginning a new chapter of your life, you're young, and you have tons of experiences waiting for you. Sorry if it sounds corny, but it's true. Enjoy it.

Can I ask what made you decide to move to Nashville? I see a lot of folks coming here from out of state, and I'm curious why. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Nashville, it's my home. But, I'm just curious of the appeal that's caused such a large boom in growth in the past 5 or so years.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

girls!!! bears envy you

you can actually meet there

I don't even know which of you I envy more!!!!!!!

and no, this
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    But, just breathe, Jen! You're beginning a new chapter of your life, you're young, and you have tons of experiences waiting for you. Sorry if it sounds corny, but it's true. Enjoy it.
    does not sound corny. It doesn't sound anything but true.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Yay! Another lost Yankee soul will be converted to the One True Way of Sweet Tea and Fried Chicken You should totally go find Amanda and ask her all about the city. While she's at work. Trying to read.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in Nashville!

Sorry that I don't have any actual advice about moving to Nashville. But, just breathe, Jen! You're beginning a new chapter of your life, you're young, and you have tons of experiences waiting for you. Sorry if it sounds corny, but it's true. Enjoy it.

Can I ask what made you decide to move to Nashville? I see a lot of folks coming here from out of state, and I'm curious why. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Nashville, it's my home. But, I'm just curious of the appeal that's caused such a large boom in growth in the past 5 or so years.
    Does this mean i get to meet your crazy dog?

My friend Kelsey, who I'm moving in with, is from Nashville. As are a few other friends with whom I did the Les Mis cosplay thing, Sarah and Hannah. I was just ... I was happy there. So when Kelsey said she needed a new roommate, I took her offer. Especially because I don't have a job now, so I can pretty much go wherever I want.

Actually, after posting this in a panic last night, we thing we may have found an apartment just outside of the city ... so, fingers crossed! Kelsey is going to call for a tour today, hopefully.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Yay! Another lost Yankee soul will be converted to the One True Way of Sweet Tea and Fried Chicken You should totally go find Amanda and ask her all about the city. While she's at work. Trying to read.
    I don't know shit about the best drinking spots or coffee houses, but I can point out the best libraries, used bookstores, comic shops, and run down doughnut shop with the best coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    I'm in Nashville!

Does this mean i get to meet your crazy dog?

My friend Kelsey, who I'm moving in with, is from Nashville. As are a few other friends with whom I did the Les Mis cosplay thing, Sarah and Hannah. I was just ... I was happy there. So when Kelsey said she needed a new roommate, I took her offer. Especially because I don't have a job now, so I can pretty much go wherever I want.

Actually, after posting this in a panic last night, we thing we may have found an apartment just outside of the city ... so, fingers crossed! Kelsey is going to call for a tour today, hopefully.
    That's awesome! Good luck.
    And, this most definitely means a planned play date with Loki.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As someone who has spent his life in L.A I don't have any advice as far as picking up and moving goes, but I do want to wish you all the luck in the world, Jen.

And if you happen to meet Amanda, tell her how much she SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    And if you happen to meet Amanda, tell her how much she SUCKS
    I probably won't be able to hear it, because I'll be too busy finishing the book we agreed to read together.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck. I think you will enjoy the climate and landscape.

I hope you like country music.

You are young. You will adapt then you will enjoy.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

is there a way to delete a thread? i don't need this any more. plans fell through

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was in the 1970's mind you but while at Ft. Campbell, KY, we'd go to Nashville all the time for concerts, partys, sex, etc. Great and beautiful city. Porter Waggoner tried to pick me up in his limo down the street from the Opry

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    is there a way to delete a thread? i don't need this any more. plans fell through
    Now, this is sad...

Do you want me to archive the thread now?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

could you? i'll still make it down there eventually but i'm stuck in iowa this summer for now and i really really dont want to be

Country
    Country Flag

if you are still moving there, I'd rather leave the thread up for some time

archiving it somehow seemed too final, and I loathed the idea

I so wish something would change in your life, and soon! For example, we could use this thread for suggestions on what you should do during this summer before moving to Nashville. Just sitting home alone and brooding doesn't sound good. I'll be home alone all summer too, and we can think of doing something silly together!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Obviously this means that you're supposed to come and visit me, Jen. I'll buy you crabcakes.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS