Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which should be at the top of the list?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee

11 35.48%
  • The Stand, by Stephen King

20 64.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top 100 Novels: The Superfinal

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

right... right

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yeah, right... I wanted at least 30 people to vote, just to give anyone a chance to voice their opinion... but since nobody seems to really care, I'll post the list tomorrow, if nothing happens
    Ok, here's the deal. I didn't see this thread until this evening. I rarely, rarely venture outside of Calvin's Corner, except for a select few threads I've bookmarked over the years. I hardly ever just browse randomly. I just go to my subscribed threads and click on those. I might go a month or more before it even dawns on me to check other areas of the forum to see what's being discussed.

I do like to participate in polls and discussions about books and movies at times. Some of y'all familiar enough with my presence here on the boards know this. While I realize my participation on these boards is entirely my responsibility, please feel free to send me a PM to alert me of a thread I might be missing through my inattention.

Dave

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dave, you can also always just click on the Unread threads at the top.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been trying, for months, to make it an all-site event. I posted the announcements every fucking where. I thought it was a good thing that might interest everybody. I was mistaken.

I just don't care any longer.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And we currently have the ongoing Constant Reader Awards and the Best Horror Movie Tournament, things that more of our membership should take part in. It gives better results and produces some nice debate. It would be nice if instead of 25-30 votes in these polls we would get around 50-60.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I have been trying, for months, to make it an all-site event. I posted the announcements every fucking where. I thought it was a good thing that might interest everybody. I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    And we currently have the ongoing Constant Reader Awards and the Best Horror Movie Tournament, things that more of our membership should take part in. It gives better results and produces some nice debate. It would be nice if instead of 25-30 votes in these polls we would get around 50-60.
    I wholeheartedly agree, I wish there was more participation.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, check your PM.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, silly bears didn't mean the rare, and very treasured, people and animals who do vote and post!!! I know that you've voted and posted before, and I should have specified that my feelings are directed at the other eleven thousand persons who are reported to be members of this site

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

For me this is an extremely hard one to call.
    These two books are so different, two completely different words.... Damn !!
    Although both are amazing, I gotta go with Harper Lee's one and only on this one.
    I can still truly "feel" this story.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

thank you Cook! it's too late now anyway, the list is published... The Stand is at the very top, and much as I love The Stand, I'd rather it were Mockingbird

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

List is pretty top heavy with King, but what else would anyone expect from this group. That said, I think we have a nice cross section of literature on our list.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2