Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Omnibus?

Traveler Aztecface is on a distinguished road Aztecface's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Neither of my two companions were issued as hardcovers -- they were trade paperback originals. Both are available as limited editions from CD (the second one forthcoming). The Stephen King Illustrated Companion -- that was has been reprinted a few times, so there's a chance it might come back into print for a reasonable price if B&N decides to order another printing.
    Bev, Thank You. You have been very helpful.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aztecface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Neither of my two companions were issued as hardcovers -- they were trade paperback originals. Both are available as limited editions from CD (the second one forthcoming). The Stephen King Illustrated Companion -- that was has been reprinted a few times, so there's a chance it might come back into print for a reasonable price if B&N decides to order another printing.
    Bev, Thank You. You have been very helpful.
    He has his moments!!!

Spoiler:
    J/K, Bev you're the best!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvel Knights motion comics are pretty fun. What's the possibility of a motion comic of The Dark Tower? Would anyone besides me even be interested in seeing that happen?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

The omnibus sets include all the essays, articles, and sketchbook material gathered together in the companion volume included in each set.

John F. Kennedy SolomonsGal will become famous soon enough SolomonsGal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the comics and am interested in reading them. I am NOT into comics, but I am into reading more before the Man in Black...

Where should I start? Should I just get the Omnibus edition? I don't care about resell value, or rarity of the individual comics, ALTHOUGH I do like author essays at the end of a story. I feel like this is valuable to me as a reader.

So- where would I begin looking for these comics individually?
    Should I buy the Omnibus first, read it and collect as I can....

Are the originals really hard to come across?

Thanks for your help!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watch eBay and local used book stores. If you just want to read them the omnibus or graphic novels are the way to go. You can usually find good deals on the paperback graphic novels on eBay. Remember there are two omnibus sets. They have different content. If you get the individual comics you will probably end up paying more money, but they can be bought fairly cheap if you keep looking around. None are especially valuable.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Also watch the classified thread. Someone posted about selling the whole set of comics a couple of weeks ago.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Watch eBay and local used book stores. If you just want to read them the omnibus or graphic novels are the way to go. You can usually find good deals on the paperback graphic novels on eBay. Remember there are two omnibus sets. They have different content. If you get the individual comics you will probably end up paying more money, but they can be bought fairly cheap if you keep looking around. None are especially valuable.
    I agree with Dan. I'm not much for comics and graphic novels but these Omnibus are very well done IMO and it's DT related. I also have The Stand omnibus which is really cool. I purchased all three from a dealer in NJ via ABE for $75 a piece late last year or early this year.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

instocktrades.com has them both for $82.50 each. But follow Amazon or eBay too - I grabbed them both for about $55 each earlier this year - forget exactly where but they were on sale.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    instocktrades.com has them both for $82.50 each. But follow Amazon or eBay too - I grabbed them both for about $55 each earlier this year - forget exactly where but they were on sale.
    Sweet deal.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2