Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this your least favorite of the series?

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

can i post totally off-topic and say it's not my least favorite in the series any more? w&g is now. thank you, that is all.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    can i post totally off-topic and say it's not my least favorite in the series any more? w&g is now. thank you, that is all.
    I have asked you about it in a WaG thread. I am waiting for your answer eagerly.

Roland would have understood.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I have asked you about it in a WaG thread. I am waiting for your answer eagerly.

done and done. say thankya for your interest.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Can you? You did.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't get it. Song of Susannah is actually one of my two favourites with The Wastelands. In both books, the action never stops and you just don't get bored, so I thought maybe it was due to the fact that people don't seem to like Susannah as much as they do the other characters. I'm sure that's because she's more temperate, although she has some... mental problems. But everytime I start the series again, I really look forward to it because it's just such a brilliant book!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very well said, rose!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I don't get it either, Rose. It seems like a lot of folk don't like it because of the big part of the book being dedicated to Susannah and Mia. Susannah being most folk's least favorite of Roland's ka-tet. I don't get the reason for that either.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

this is peoples' least favorite???

what IS this place?

*runs to the love SoS thread*

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    *runs to the love SoS thread*
    I don't even think there's any... we're a real minority, you know

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

SoS does have a thread, and here it is!

Love For Song.

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Susannah song is my least favorite because i really dont like Susannah. Shes annoying to me and can be really winey. Deff a downer. Now if this book wud of been called Song Of Eddie it wud prolly be my fav lol

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by JQ The Gunslinger View Post
    Now if this book wud of been called Song Of Eddie it wud prolly be my fav lol
    So in that version would Mordred have been born out of Eddie's ass or am I reading too much into it?

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Its the Mordred plotline. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either...and a lot of the book dealt with the spider-babe's conception. It was all the behind-the-scenes material that didn't sit well with me. I liked the explanation of the Prim though. That and the morbid reception awaiting at the Dixie Pig, plus the showdown at the gas station were enough to keep me from completely hating it. Of all the books, this one bounces around my list more so than any of the others.

King appearing as a character just felt odd as well the first time I read the book. I knew it was coming, but it was still just too different. However, when writing, the writer must write for himself/herself first and foremost. I can totally understand why King wrote himself as a character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Its the Mordred plotline. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either...and a lot of the book dealt with the spider-babe's conception. It was all the behind-the-scenes material that didn't sit well with me. I liked the explanation of the Prim though. That and the morbid reception awaiting at the Dixie Pig, plus the showdown at the gas station were enough to keep me from completely hating it. Of all the books, this one bounces around my list more so than any of the others.

King appearing as a character just felt odd as well the first time I read the book. I knew it was coming, but it was still just too different. However, when writing, the writer must write for himself/herself first and foremost. I can totally understand why King wrote himself as a character though.
    Watch, a couple of more reads through the series and it will be your favorite.

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

it confused the hell out me, plain and simple.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    Could you be a bit more elaborate on it?

Roland would have understood.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JQ The Gunslinger View Post
    Now if this book wud of been called Song Of Eddie it wud prolly be my fav lol
    So in that version would Mordred have been born out of Eddie's ass or am I reading too much into it?

Along the Path of the Beam UnderTheKillingMoon is on a distinguished road UnderTheKillingMoon's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheKillingMoon View Post
    Could you be a bit more elaborate on it?
    well, i feel as though the rest of the books were a bit more, i dunno, straight-forward? all the time traveling to this when and that where, and meeting this person who knows how to get back to the original where, ect ect, just really had my head spinning. Not to mention the business of her and Mia, when she was THREE different people again...i found it hard to follow which was who, and when, and where. i had to re-read a lot of it, but yea...it was just the most confusing book to me. my favorite is Wolves of the Calla

Traveler SpanishDiablo is on a distinguished road

Song of Sussanah is in my opinion a transition book, the one relating most of the tribulations of the divided ka-tet, but concluding none of them. It's a way of tying Wolves with the final book, in my opinion.
    That's my least favourite also, while I didn't like a lot the early part of the tale in Mejis... I in fact left the series for a year at that point, when my exams came.
    Anyway, remember the series is a creation as a whole, which can't really be separated... I'd really love a 1-book compilation...

Country
    Country Flag

how long would that book be? 4,000 pages or so?

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

People are gonna hate me for saying this but " Wizard and Glass" was my least favorite. The reason being was by the time I got to that book the comic part of that series came out so I made the mistake of starting to read that before i finished the book. So the book seemed to take me a lot longer to read then any of the others. If I had read the book before i read the comics i probably would have liked it better.

Country
    Country Flag

no one is gonna hate you for that... well i won't it was my least favorite too! :highfive:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    People are gonna hate me for saying this but " Wizard and Glass" was my least favorite. The reason being was by the time I got to that book the comic part of that series came out so I made the mistake of starting to read that before i finished the book. So the book seemed to take me a lot longer to read then any of the others. If I had read the book before i read the comics i probably would have liked it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    no one is gonna hate you for that... well i won't it was my least favorite too! :highfive:
    Throw rocks at you How can you least prefer a book in which the funniest, wittiest, cutest character appears as a main one??

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Throw rocks at you How can you least prefer a book in which the funniest, wittiest, cutest character appears as a main one??
    Maybe because Cuthbert isn't as important an character for her as he is for you?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    Maybe because Cuthbert isn't as important an character for her as he is for you?
    Sure. I just wanted to remind her that, that's all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast