Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep movie set for 2019

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news! I loved his adaptation of Gerald's Game. Looking forward to his The Haunting of Hill House Netflix series, too. Love me some Carla Gugino!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Akiva Goldsman is a shitbird
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...r-doctor-sleep
    Warner Bros. has announced some major shifts to their upcoming release schedule as they’ve delayed the adaptation of The Six Billion Dollar Man by a full year, pushed Godzilla: King of Monsters back two months to replace Billion‘s slot, moved up the release of Crazy Rich Asians and officially announced the release of their adaptation of The Shining sequel, Doctor Sleep.

The Six Billion Dollar Man has been in the works for over 20 years now, but now has Mark Wahlberg (Patriots Day) attached to star in the lead role. It’s been a tough few weeks for the adaptation of the hit 70’s sci-fi series, first losing its director at the beginning of the month and now the film has been pushed back a year from May 31, 2019 to June 5, 2020.

Because its release date is considered prime real estate, Warner Bros. has chosen to move its long-awaited sequel to the 2014 adaptation of Godzilla to the empty slot. The next entry in the Monster-verse will now debut May 31, 2019 instead of March 22. Michael Dougherty of Trick ‘r Treat and Krampus directs.

Furthermore, Doctor Sleep, their adaptation of the novel sequel to Stephen King’s The Shining has been set for a January 24, 2020 release date. The film was fast-tracked by Warner Bros. following the success of It with Mike Flanagan set to direct, making it his second King adaptation after the acclaimed Gerald’s Game.

Finally, Crazy Rich Asians’ release date has been bumped up two days from August 17 to August 15. Jon M. Chu directs the adaptation of the worldwide bestseller which stars Constance Wu, Gemma Chan, Lisa Lu, and Awkwafina, with Ken Jeong and Michelle Yeoh.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh, I had heard this was being done as a TV series. Interesting. I really enjoyed the book so I'll be looking forward to it in either medium.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Huh, I had heard this was being done as a TV series. Interesting. I really enjoyed the book so I'll be looking forward to it in either medium.
    Me too, Bill.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Me too, Bill.
    Great minds, right?

Do you recall where you saw the announcement as a TV series. I remember that it sounded like a better production in that form. Wonder why they decided to go the other way. Seems to me that it would be better on TV and not draw immediate comparisons to the two movies and therefore have a better footing. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you look back through the beginning of this thread, it was always intended to be a feature.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    If you look back through the beginning of this thread, it was always intended to be a feature.
    Oh, I believe you, dude. Just stuck in my head about the TV series and I can't recall where I saw it or anything. Maybe its just wishful thinking. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/e...el-1202838484/

Ewan McGregor will star as Danny Torrance in Warner Bros.’ adaptation of the Stephen King novel “Dr. Sleep,” the sequel to horror classic “The Shining.”

Sources say King has given his blessing to McGregor’s casting.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As do I.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is great news. The real casting decision, IMHO will be, Rose though, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like Ewan but I can't see him as Danny. Someone suggested Hugh Dancy, I think he'd be good.

Maybe Millie Bobby Brown (Stranger Things) could be Abra?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

She's great but maybe a bit too old now? I can't quite remember how old she's in the book.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think McGregor is perfect for the role.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very excited for this, and I think McGregor will knock it out of the park! Whoever said Millie Bobbi Brown from Stranger things for Abra is definitely on to something. Even if they have to age up the character a few years, I can absolutely see it. I wonder who they'll be chasing for Rose the Hat. While reading, I always pictured Eva Green

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    I wonder who they'll be chasing for Rose the Hat. While reading, I always pictured Eva Green
    Eva would work. I always pictured Kat Von D, not that she acts...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Very excited for this, and I think McGregor will knock it out of the park! Whoever said Millie Bobbi Brown from Stranger things for Abra is definitely on to something. Even if they have to age up the character a few years, I can absolutely see it. I wonder who they'll be chasing for Rose the Hat. While reading, I always pictured Eva Green
    Eva Green would be perfect for that part IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

It will probably end up being Iris Elba as Danny and Matthew McConaughey as Rose the Hat.😛

Country
    Country Flag

Seconding (or thirding) that Eva Green would make a great Rose.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    It will probably end up being Iris Elba as Danny and Matthew McConaughey as Rose the Hat.😛

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

She’s playing Rose the Hat

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting casting choice. I'll admit I didn't immediately imagine her as Rose the Hat, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. I really liked her character in the book, so I'll be anxious to see how she does

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast