Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep movie set for 2019

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Book Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I am not sure why they are afraid of her in the movie except that she is evil so she is willing to go further than they are and old so she has more experience. In the book they go to the site that the Overlook was on not to use it against Rose but because that is where the Knot decided to camp out, partly because the evil that happened there draws them. Danny and Abra are not hiding but going on the offensive because they know that they have to end it. They should be more afraid in the book because there is more than Rose left for the final fight.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhh, thanks

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Yeah I remember in the book there was more about how they would get energy from mass tragedies. Like during the 9/11 attacks they just sat and watched and got sustenance from that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Rose and I just finished the movie. I gave it a 3/5. I haven't read the book, so I have a question.

Spoiler:
    Throughout the movie, Abra is shown multiple times to be stronger than Rose the Hat, so why were her and Danny so worried about her at the climax?

Spoiler:
    I haven't seen the film yet, but in the book she was still learning about her abilities and it wasn't obvious that she had the upper hand until they were in the endgame. That help at all?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Several times Abbra briefly mentally tussled with Rose, but Rose was able to defend herself. Near the end of the movie, Rose loaded up on all of the remaining "steam", so at that time, she was at maximum strength.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Book Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I am not sure why they are afraid of her in the movie except that she is evil so she is willing to go further than they are and old so she has more experience. In the book they go to the site that the Overlook was on not to use it against Rose but because that is where the Knot decided to camp out, partly because the evil that happened there draws them. Danny and Abra are not hiding but going on the offensive because they know that they have to end it. They should be more afraid in the book because there is more than Rose left for the final fight.
    Spoiler:
    Well, yes sort of, but they also had the ghosts in, Danny's lock box to use at the Overlook to battle Rose with as well. That was part of the reason that they chose to fight her at the old site.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    In the movie, it just played out weird. Like, the whole movie was Abbra being a steel toed work boot vs. Rose's ant. And then it's like Abbra and Danny said, "Hey, we're going to have to kill this ant, let's bring twenty of our friends to help."

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I don't think it was that extreme. I think Abra just caught Rose off guard. Rose thought no one could match her and didn't take her as seriously as she should have at first. She was still able to get into Abra's head and to track her. She just couldn't get out as easy or force Abra out of her head as easy as Abra did to her. She does admit Abra is stronger but I think it was more of a wasp compared to a queen ant than a boot to an ant. Of course Rose was much more dangerous when she had worker ants left (like she does in the book.)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26180
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Doctor Sleep (2019), starring Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Kyliegh Curran, Cliff Curtis, and Zahn McClarnon. The two releases will be available for purchase on February 4.

Studio description: Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance (Ewan McGregor) has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra (Kyliegh Curran), a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the "shine." Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat (Rebecca Ferguson) and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality.

Forming an unlikely alliance, Dan and Abra engage in a brutal life-or-death battle with Rose. Abra's innocence and fearless embrace of her shine compel Dan to call upon his own powers as never before—at once facing his fears and reawakening the ghosts of the past.

The supernatural thriller "Doctor Sleep" stars Ewan McGregor ("Star Wars: Episodes I, II & III," "Trainspotting") as Dan Torrance, Rebecca Ferguson (the "Mission: Impossible" films, "The Greatest Showman") as Rose the Hat and Kyliegh Curran ("I Can I Will I Did"), in her major feature film debut, as Abra. The main ensemble cast includes Carl Lumbly (TV's "Alias," "A Cure for Wellness"), Zahn McClarnon ("Strike One," TV's "Into the West"), Emily Alyn Lind (TV's "Revenge," "Enter the Void"), Bruce Greenwood ("Star Trek," "I, Robot"), Jocelin Donahue ("The House of the Devil," "Insidious: Chapter 2"), Alex Essoe ("Starry Eyes," "House of Lies") and Cliff Curtis ("Sunshine," "The Dark Horse").

Trevor Macy and Jon Berg produced the film, with Roy Lee, Scott Lumpkin, Akiva Goldsman and Kevin McCormick serving as executive producers.

Flanagan's behind-the-scenes creative team was led by director of photography Michael Fimognari ("The Haunting of Hill House"), production designer Maher Ahmad ("Get Hard") and costume designer Terry Anderson ("Den of Thieves"). The music score was composed by The Newton Brothers ("The Haunting of Hill House").

Special Features and Technical Specs:

DIRECTOR'S CUT OF THE FILM - featuring nearly 30 minutes of new, alternate and extended scenes, selected by director Mike Flanagan, not seen in theaters.
    DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
    DOLBY ATRMOS AUDIO TRACK
    Return to the Overlook
    The Making of Doctor Sleep: A New Vision
    From Shining to Sleep
    Optional English SDH, Spanish, French, and Portuguese subtitles for the main feature

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ Got it on Pre-Order from Amazon!!! Can't wait!!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ^ Got it on Pre-Order from Amazon!!! Can't wait!!!!
    Same here!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Missed this in the theater but I will be getting this for sure.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Flanagan reveals:

I’m really excited that WB let me create this cut, much less release it. They really supported it – to the point that they made sure all of the new material with VFX was fully finished, additional score was composed and orchestrated just for this cut, and we did a full mix as well. They really let us do this right – it’s a finished, complete, fully polished new cut of the movie. Nothing in it is temp.

We shot a LOT of material for this movie, and I always knew it wouldn’t all fit. I was reticent to call this a “Director’s Cut” at first, as I absolutely love and stand by the cut I made for our theatrical release. But there was stuff I actively decided to remove from that cut that I missed, and that I would think about even weeks after the fact. I was elated when Warner Bros. expressed interest in preserving that cut for home video.

There is new material throughout the whole film. Some of it is brand new stuff that was never included in the theatrical cut, and there’s also a handful of extended (or altered) scenes as well. There was never any intention to release this cut theatrically, we always knew it was too long. But we worked on it alongside the theatrical cut throughout post, and it made it a lot easier to make hard decisions in the edit, knowing that some day this cut might see the light of day.

There are some big new scenes, for sure. I don’t want to spoil any of that, but I can say that there is new material throughout (including in the final act at the Overlook). Some of my favorite stuff involved Young Danny and Wendy (there’s some terrific material with Alex Essoe that I’m thrilled is restored here), and will be familiar to fans of the book. There’s also a fair amount of new stuff involving young Abra in the film’s first act, learning about her shine, and how it affects her parents.

And there are some surprises I definitely won’t spoil here.

All in all, I think this cut is more literary than the theatrical cut. It very much feels like reading a novel… and is even broken into chapters, which gave this cut a very fun structure.

I’m very proud of it and so grateful that it’ll be available to fans.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26180
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Doctor Sleep (2019), starring Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, Kyliegh Curran, Cliff Curtis, and Zahn McClarnon. The two releases will be available for purchase on February 4.

Studio description: Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance (Ewan McGregor) has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra (Kyliegh Curran), a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the "shine." Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat (Rebecca Ferguson) and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality.

Forming an unlikely alliance, Dan and Abra engage in a brutal life-or-death battle with Rose. Abra's innocence and fearless embrace of her shine compel Dan to call upon his own powers as never before—at once facing his fears and reawakening the ghosts of the past.

The supernatural thriller "Doctor Sleep" stars Ewan McGregor ("Star Wars: Episodes I, II & III," "Trainspotting") as Dan Torrance, Rebecca Ferguson (the "Mission: Impossible" films, "The Greatest Showman") as Rose the Hat and Kyliegh Curran ("I Can I Will I Did"), in her major feature film debut, as Abra. The main ensemble cast includes Carl Lumbly (TV's "Alias," "A Cure for Wellness"), Zahn McClarnon ("Strike One," TV's "Into the West"), Emily Alyn Lind (TV's "Revenge," "Enter the Void"), Bruce Greenwood ("Star Trek," "I, Robot"), Jocelin Donahue ("The House of the Devil," "Insidious: Chapter 2"), Alex Essoe ("Starry Eyes," "House of Lies") and Cliff Curtis ("Sunshine," "The Dark Horse").

Trevor Macy and Jon Berg produced the film, with Roy Lee, Scott Lumpkin, Akiva Goldsman and Kevin McCormick serving as executive producers.

Flanagan's behind-the-scenes creative team was led by director of photography Michael Fimognari ("The Haunting of Hill House"), production designer Maher Ahmad ("Get Hard") and costume designer Terry Anderson ("Den of Thieves"). The music score was composed by The Newton Brothers ("The Haunting of Hill House").

Special Features and Technical Specs:

DIRECTOR'S CUT OF THE FILM - featuring nearly 30 minutes of new, alternate and extended scenes, selected by director Mike Flanagan, not seen in theaters.
    DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
    DOLBY ATRMOS AUDIO TRACK
    Return to the Overlook
    The Making of Doctor Sleep: A New Vision
    From Shining to Sleep
    Optional English SDH, Spanish, French, and Portuguese subtitles for the main feature
    omg I could not imagine watching this again.... and a longer version!!! #HELLNO
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Like this movie came and went without really making much of a dent.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Was a great movie
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In theory, the director's cut is now available, digitally !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to pick up the 4K release for this. I'm even more excited for the directors cut now, because I somehow missed they're structuring it to be more like the book. Expanded and tweaked scenes, and they're even breaking it up into "chapters".

https://collider.com/doctor-sleep-di...04H-UmDplEmHKM

Edit: Didn't notice Bev Vincent beat me to the punch, lol. Hopefully someone is able to check it out digitally

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know how relevant this is but...

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I only saw Doctor Sleep around a week ago, basically for reasons similar to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I wanted to re-read The Shining before diving into Doctor Sleep, so the commitment of the two long-ish books (with all the other books on my to-read list) is what keeps bumping it back down the list.
    I’d read DS when it came out but wanted to re-read it before watching the film, and wanted to re-read The Shining (my CD edition) before that.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This movie was no where near the Shinning in any way.
    Groundskeeper Willie will be glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    ...Halloran did say in the Doctor Sleep movie, "Ka is a wheel."
    …which made me want to barf (I resent Towering up everything).

I would understand if some viewers felt that the final scenes were too much like The Shining’s Greatest Hits, but overall I think it worked.

It was good to see elements of the end of The Shining novel used to wrap up Doctor Sleep.

The few faults I found in DS didn't bother me much at all, especially with the recollection of the It Chapter 2 disaster still fresh in my mind.

The director’s cut sounds nice.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The DS film was handicapped from the git go by that (IMHO) POS Kubrik made. Given that starting point I thought they did a fairly good job with the film. I'm also in the minority of loving the DS book so some of the missing elements bothered me a bit but, not nearly as much as what, Kubrik did to a classic book!!!

I too am looking forward to the Director's cut.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Another thing about the DS film:

It seems that every time a movie casts a relatively unknown young person in a prominent role, they try to plant the buzz that he/she really does a remarkable job etc., but in the end it's just a regular kid doing an ordinary job in an ordinary role. In this case, I was actually impressed by Kyliegh Curran (Abra) - she appropriately seemed like a nice, ordinary young girl most of the time, but had an edge when Abra was in hostile mode.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Another thing about the DS film:

It seems that every time a movie casts a relatively unknown young person in a prominent role, they try to plant the buzz that he/she really does a remarkable job etc., but in the end it's just a regular kid doing an ordinary job in an ordinary role. In this case, I was actually impressed by Kyliegh Curran (Abra) - she appropriately seemed like a nice, ordinary young girl most of the time, but had an edge when Abra was in hostile mode.
    Totally agree!!! Scary when Boston and N.Y. are of like minds!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Mike Flanagan wrote a bit about the film on his tumblr. It's worth reading imo.

https://www.tumblr.com/flanaganfilm/...-im-excited-to

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Mike Flanagan wrote a bit about the film on his tumblr. It's worth reading imo.

https://www.tumblr.com/flanaganfilm/...-im-excited-to
    Cool that he explicitly mentions

Spoiler:
    Danny getting Jack's ending (blowing up the Overlook); I thought one of the greatest features of the Doctor Sleep film was this use of what Kubrick didn't use, and I believe this divergence from the DS novel actually brought the 2-film story more in line with the 2-novel story. Flanagan gets it.

Also, kudos to King for reversing his initial denial of Flanagan's concept.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast