Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep movie set for 2019

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Doctor Sleep movie set for 2019

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/...-doctor-sleep/
    It’s no secret that John Cusack is a big Stephen King fan, or at least a fan of King’s stories being turned into movies, as he’s already done three adaptations, including the currently filming Cell.

So it’s not a surprise that when asked during a a Reddit AMA (via The Dissolve) about which role he would “accept in a heartbeat,” he answered Doctor Sleep.

Doctor Sleep is the sequel to King’s most iconic novel, The Shining. There’s no film officially planned yet, but it’s probably a matter of time, given how many of King’s works get adapted, and given The Shining’s place in pop culture history and Doctor Sleep’s recent popularity.

Cusack would, given his choice, play the grown up Danny Torrance, who’s still haunted by the year he spent at the Overlook Hotel when he was a boy and who must battle the True Knot, immortal spirits who torture children with psychic abilities – like Danny himself – to sustain their existence. John Cusack as the adult version of Danny Lloyd? Can you see it?

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like John Cusack. I could totally see him as a grown-up Danny Torrance!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess the only question is would you sell it as a sequel to Kubrick's film?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can totally see, Cusak as the grown up, Danny.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

They are filming Cell? I sure hope Eli Roth isn't attached to it as he was directly, he's a better actor than director.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

No, Roth has nothing to do with Cell. The director is Tod Williams (Paranormal Activity 2) and the script originated with King with other writers attached.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

John Cusack has reiterated his interest in filming Stephen King's 'Doctor Sleep,' adding that he would also be keen to adapt the novel for the screen himself.

While Cusack is considerably less prolific as a writer than he is as an actor, he does have some fairly prestigious writing credits to his name, having worked on the screenplays for two of his best loved movies, 'Grosse Pointe Blank' and 'High Fidelity.'

Of course, as 'High Fidelity' is based on the novel by Nick Hornby, Cusack certainly isn't unfamiliar with adapting books for the big screen.

He has also co-written the scripts for 'War Inc.', and the recent US/Argentina co-production 'No Somos Animales.'

Source: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/john-cusa...125900762.html

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

While not King's best book, if done right, could be King's best movie thus far. I welcome it.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/doct...-to-the-movies
    Another Stephen King project has taken a step forward on its journey to the screen, with the news that Akiva Goldsman is set to adapt Doctor Sleep.

Doctor Sleep is King’s sequel to The Shining, taking place many years after the original events at the Overlook Hotel. Goldsman, who’s penned projects as wildly different as Batman & Robin and A Beautiful Mind (the latter winning him an Oscar) is taking on screenwriting duties on Doctor Sleep.

Stephen King is executive producer on the movie, although there’s no word of a director just yet.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

I would be thrown off seeing cusack as Danny especially having said that Danny resembles jaxson teller (Charlie hunnam) from SOA. That being said I'm also a huge hunnam fan. I heard they are also remaking IT and PET SEMETARY

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    I heard they are also remaking IT and PET SEMETARY
    In theory, at least. There are lots of projects in various stages of conceptualization. Remains to be seen which ones will actually go into production.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

I just am hoping that if they choose to follow through with any of these remakes that they will do the books and SK some justice. After reading pet semetary I did not like the movie anymore. Same with the shining (I had no idea it would be that far off) . Same with Salems lot. And idk about the stand. It's tarting that book tomorrow,

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Lord, I hope not! I thought Doctor Sleep was an excellent read. One of my favorites. John could do it justice. A great all around actor IMO.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Lord, I hope not! I thought Doctor Sleep was an excellent read. One of my favorites. John could do it justice. A great all around actor IMO.

Wow...you two are on a first name basis?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't an APril fool's news?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

http://uproxx.com/movies/geralds-gam...-stephen-king/
    Between the mega-hit IT and the creepy mindf*ck Gerald’s Game, it was a good year of movies for Stephen King fans (if you ignore the baffling adaptation of The Dark Tower). King’s novels are true classics of the suspense and horror genres, but some have been notoriously difficult to translate to the screen, so it feels like a special victory when an adaptation is a success. Mike Flanagan, the director of Gerald’s Game, wants to keep this trend going into the future, and he has his eye on the next story he wants to tackle: Doctor Sleep, the sequel to The Shining.

Flanagan told the Stephen King fan site Lilja’s Library that he wanted to dive back into the world of Danny Torrance, the poor kid traumatized by his father’s descent into madness at the Overlook Hotel.

“[T]he ones I’d want to do the most are Doctor Sleep and Lisey’s Story. In both cases, it’s because I identify with the protagonists so much. Lisey’s Story is a stunning piece of work, a beautiful exploration of marriage. And who wouldn’t want to venture back into the world of Danny Torrance?”

Now, Doctor Sleep isn’t considered on of King’s strongest works, but Flanagan proved that he had a knack for adapting trickier King tales with Gerald’s Game. If it keeps sophisticated horror in cinemas going forward, this seems like a safe bet.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

As a book, Gerald's Game is WAY down my list but the movie, I found, was very well done. I loved Dr. Sleep as a book. I'd love to see it as a movie.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    As a book, Gerald's Game is WAY down my list but the movie, I found, was very well done. I loved Dr. Sleep as a book. I'd love to see it as a movie.
    I did too, Jon in regards to Doctor Sleep. But we're in the minority.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Secrets to a good Dr. Sleep movie:

1) Although DS is a Shining sequel, it doesn’t go out of its way to shout this fact from the rooftops and feels pretty much its own self-contained work - refrain from adding extra Shining elements to highlight the connection (I imagine producers won’t be able to resist this)

2) Especially do not try to tie it to elements specific to the Kubrick Shining (I would regard this as a cinematic sin of the highest order)

3) The magic lies in the novel’s details - handle them faithfully and don’t reduce the story to 90 minutes of a drunk nursing home employee that befriends a child.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

After the out-sized grosses on the Stephen King novel adaptation It, Warner Bros has put it sequel to King’s The Shining on the fast track. Mike Flanagan has been set to direct Doctor Sleep, an adaptation of the 2013 King novel that picks up the life of the Redrum kid Danny Torrance when he is in his 40s and struggling with the same demons of anger and alcoholism that plagued his father.

Flanagan will rewrite the script originally adapted by Akiva Goldsman. Flanagan’s producing partner Trevor Macy will produce along with Vertigo Entertainment’s Jon Berg, and Goldsman is executive producer.

>>> Source

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Flanagan has made some good movies; let's hope this works out.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the novel.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't mind if Flanagan did The Shining first but this is good news.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't mind if Flanagan did The Shining first but this is good news.
    Good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast