+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Doctor Sleep movie set for 2019

Servant of Gan RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Book Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I am not sure why they are afraid of her in the movie except that she is evil so she is willing to go further than they are and old so she has more experience. In the book they go to the site that the Overlook was on not to use it against Rose but because that is where the Knot decided to camp out, partly because the evil that happened there draws them. Danny and Abra are not hiding but going on the offensive because they know that they have to end it. They should be more afraid in the book because there is more than Rose left for the final fight.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhhh, thanks

The Hound CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface is a jewel in the rough CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Yeah I remember in the book there was more about how they would get energy from mass tragedies. Like during the 9/11 attacks they just sat and watched and got sustenance from that.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Rose and I just finished the movie. I gave it a 3/5. I haven't read the book, so I have a question.

Spoiler:
    Throughout the movie, Abra is shown multiple times to be stronger than Rose the Hat, so why were her and Danny so worried about her at the climax?

Spoiler:
    I haven't seen the film yet, but in the book she was still learning about her abilities and it wasn't obvious that she had the upper hand until they were in the endgame. That help at all?

Owner Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg received positive rep from Stephen King Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Several times Abbra briefly mentally tussled with Rose, but Rose was able to defend herself. Near the end of the movie, Rose loaded up on all of the remaining "steam", so at that time, she was at maximum strength.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958 seldom gets put on hold Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Book Spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    I am not sure why they are afraid of her in the movie except that she is evil so she is willing to go further than they are and old so she has more experience. In the book they go to the site that the Overlook was on not to use it against Rose but because that is where the Knot decided to camp out, partly because the evil that happened there draws them. Danny and Abra are not hiding but going on the offensive because they know that they have to end it. They should be more afraid in the book because there is more than Rose left for the final fight.
    Spoiler:
    Well, yes sort of, but they also had the ghosts in, Danny's lock box to use at the Overlook to battle Rose with as well. That was part of the reason that they chose to fight her at the old site.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon has a reputation beyond repute Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    In the movie, it just played out weird. Like, the whole movie was Abbra being a steel toed work boot vs. Rose's ant. And then it's like Abbra and Danny said, "Hey, we're going to have to kill this ant, let's bring twenty of our friends to help."

Servant of Gan RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE is a jewel in the rough RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    I don't think it was that extreme. I think Abra just caught Rose off guard. Rose thought no one could match her and didn't take her as seriously as she should have at first. She was still able to get into Abra's head and to track her. She just couldn't get out as easy or force Abra out of her head as easy as Abra did to her. She does admit Abra is stronger but I think it was more of a wasp compared to a queen ant than a boot to an ant. Of course Rose was much more dangerous when she had worker ants left (like she does in the book.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11