Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: True Detective

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

really digging this season. Ali and Dorff are acting they socks off
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Yeah, they certainly are! They're operating on another level right now.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    My God! They are effing amazing. Just killing it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Dorff is a whole new actor man... CRAZY
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Dorff is a whole new actor man... CRAZY
    Yeah, I hope this propels him a little and he starts getting some good roles. Honestly, I'm not sure I've seen him since Blade.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This season is top notch. The black fella with the cloudy eye that showed up to the 1990 bookreading - that’s not the same guy that Ali & Dorff questioned in the 1980 trailer park?? I could’ve sworn that guy had a buggy right eye whereas this one had a buggy left eye?

Anyway, great show

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    This season is top notch. The black fella with the cloudy eye that showed up to the 1990 bookreading - that’s not the same guy that Ali & Dorff questioned in the 1980 trailer park?? I could’ve sworn that guy had a buggy right eye whereas this one had a buggy left eye?
    Yeah, that guy was OLD in 1980, older than this guy is in 1990. Someone told him that because of the factory there were lots of people with injuries. The owners of the factory are seriously coming into play now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Yeah, that guy was OLD in 1980, older than this guy is in 1990. Someone told him that because of the factory there were lots of people with injuries. The owners of the factory are seriously coming into play now.
    Got it - thank you for confirming. And agreed the factory seems like ground zero at this point...they are connected to multiple pieces of this puzzle. Of course that then means that mommy junkie probably didn’t OD in vegas; she was murdered then posed. Also feel like they really want us to 2nd guess Dorff at this point...especially him making that remark to his dog about being self sufficient right before Purple showed up. Regardless, what a fun season!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Only two episodes left. I don't want it to end. I hope the quality of season 3 means that there will be a season 4.

Country
    Country Flag

It needs to be said:

“What the fuck is a Donahue” is the funniest thing ive heard in 2019

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So did no one watch the finale? It was pretty good even if there were no huge surprises. So is Hayes
    Spoiler:
    stuck wandering in the jungle that is his mind now?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I saw the finale. I thought it was great. A really good ending to the story. And your spoiler is something that I did not think about, but it is certainly a possibility.
    This was a really good season, Both actors were incredible. I wonder since this one did so good, and a lot of people liked it (washed the second season away for me),
    if they will try a 4th season.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    So did no one watch the finale? It was pretty good even if there were no huge surprises. So is Hayes
    Spoiler:
    That'd be my guess. At least for the time being. A moment of supreme clarity and then into the darkness. A lot of people complained about the pacing and structure of this season, but I really enjoyed it.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the whole season was great; pretty much loved every episode. Ali continues to be a heavyweight champ and freakin Dorff out of nowhere just straight up slaying as well

As for your spoiler, you may be partially right. I thought it was kind of the whole Time is a Flat Circle thing that TD loves. Season closed out with two kids biking down the street just like it began. And in every timeline Purple is a tracker of some sort, even if he’s just tracking for his own memories in 2015. (To your point)
    He signed up for ‘nam bc of the 10k his mom would get if he didn’t return, but instead he learned a valuable skill that he’d need for the rest of his life, personally & professionally. Walking into that jungle ended up defining his entire life

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A truly solid season. Great acting on the part of the stars and all concerned. Not quite as dark as season one, but satisfying never the less. I hope they continue along the same track in future seasons. Anyone heard anything about continuing the series?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I did love the part at the end with two kids riding their bikes at the end. Like it's going to happen all over as again as you (Earl) mentioned about the flat circle theory and things just repeat. I thought of that as well. Like you said, he was tracking the enemy in VietNam, then he was tracking bad guys as a police officer, then he was tracking his memories as an old man. A very good season and I really hope it comes back strong like this again.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This was my fav of the 3 seasons.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Doubt anyone on this thread is the least bit surprised...playing a cop no less

https://deadline.com/2019/02/stephen...er-1202566606/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Spoiler:
    That finale was fantastic. I thought the entire season was handled perfectly. The ending was beautiful, yet heartbreaking. I was seriously getting the chills during the whole scene where Hays shows up at Julie's house.

Ali won his second Oscar in two attempts the same night the True Detective season finale was airing. I think he should make room on his shelf for an Emmy. The beauty of winning an Oscar is that you can then call your shot. The producers first approached Ali to play Dorff's character. Ali said he was playing the lead or he was out. The rest is history.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This was my fav of the 3 seasons.

Every new season of every decent show is always your new fav of all time, Kris! lol

But, this was a very good return to the formula that works for this show. While I think season one was slightly better in that it was a little more twisted and gruesome, this season was top notch as well. The acting was exceptional and maybe a bit unexpected given that the main characters weren't of the same caliber (?) of McConaughey & Harrelson (Box office wise I suppose), their performances were a breath of fresh air. I hope they continue to produce the show and continue with the intricate and macabre stories that are well worth watching.

My Mood
    Cool

Can't wait. I think this is great series, I loved 1 and 3. 2, not so much. I hope 4 is a great one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks awesome. Nothing will ever top Matthew/Woody from S1, but this looks like it could at the very least give S3 a run for its money.

Let's not talk about S2. It didn't happen. It was a fever dream we all had collectively.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Season 3 is pretty good so far. There are several major ties to season 1 so I am rewatching that as well. Season 1 is still the goat but I am really digging them leaning more into the supernatural this time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Looks awesome. Nothing will ever top Matthew/Woody from S1, but this looks like it could at the very least give S3 a run for its money.

Let's not talk about S2. It didn't happen. It was a fever dream we all had collectively.
    I thouhgt you might be right... BUT Night COuntry is the best of the lot. WOW... my current fav TV show.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7