Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

you folks DO know that Tim Curry did do audio books didn't you? i have no idea if he ever did any King books though to be honest. i went and saw IT yesterday and i did enjoy it. but i dunno some of it i wish they had kept the same and some of it didn't bother me. i guess i am a bit nitpicky cause i love the book so much. i am a bigger fan of Tim Curry as Pennywise though, he IS Pennywise in my opinion, i did enjoy the film though and i don't like that they took away beverly and her slingshot
    and some of i don't like the changes. Mike's parents being dead i don't like at all. Them Having Eddie's mom more truer to the book i did like and did anyone think of Adam West when they dude who played Mr. Keane showed up? a really perverted Adam West that is.

i will buy it on blu-ray as i read the other day a D-Cut is coming to blu-ray that will be 15 minutes longer and i wish they'd do that with the dark tower that film screams about 45 minutes cut out of it. but i dunno if it's in my top 10 favorite King films. or top 20 rather, but since the story isn't finished cause part 2 hasn't started filming yet, shit i don't think the script is even been started just yet. why do i have a sick feeling we won't get it until (2019) ? at the Soonest? but since it isn't finished yet the story i mean my true opinion doesn't feel like it would be there cause of that cause of my love for the book so much.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I own very few movies but this will be one of 'em. Although I'll probably wait til Chapter 2 is done and released on Blu-Ray before I purchase.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh i am what i call a film geek as i love film and have a shit ton of movies, VHS one on Laserdisc in fact. no beta though funny enough but plenty of dvd and Blu-ray's. when i do die at some point even if it's 30 or 40 years from now i'd hate to be the one who has to go through my shit cause i have so many movies he he

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    ...did anyone think of Adam West when they dude who played Mr. Keane showed up?
    Heck yeah!

...part 2 hasn't started filming yet...why do i have a sick feeling we won't get it until (2019).
    I think I already saw somewhere that they were aiming (not an official date) at 2019, starting production of some kind in February 2018. All unconfirmed.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was said that summer 2019 will be part 2... I hope they release it same weekend in September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well i think i saw online i forget where to be honest, that the script is going to start being written this Jan coming up. my guess they are waiting that long cause they want to figure who the hell is gonna write it if it is the same person or not? and who knows how long that will take ? and if it takes a weekend to write cause that does indeed happen will they folks i'm to lazy to look up how to spell their last name will it be a good enough script for them to than start casting and so forth

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...who the hell is gonna write it if it is the same person or not?
    I've heard it will be written by the same people, less Fukunaga.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i have no idea to be honest i really have not been paying attention that much. how much of his script was even used? i hear Originally he wanted to change the characters names which would really have pissed me off cause why would you want to do that? i saw on a you tube Video last nite they want to maybe do Pet Semetary next but have not found the right script for it. honestly i love the (1989) film i really do love it, if they remake that it's not gonna piss me off or anything but at least they want it to be close to the book. i really love it when remakes or writers like Shawshank or Green Mile 2 films i really love stay true to the story rather than change shit like IT did. i detest it when they want change it to make their own stamp on it i cannot stand that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Paragraphs man...

Paragraphs.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

sometimes i remember to use them sometimes i forget

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You remind me of Brice.

brice: "caps suck"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How do you forget that? Lol I want to read your posts... but damm it's not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

sorry about that it's not on purpose, i've never been that great at ending a sentence in the right place which is why i haven't tried to get anything published cause that is a big part in writing as you all know i'm sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

you folks DO know that Tim Curry did do audio books didn't you? i have no idea if he ever did any King books though to be honest.
    No books, but he did the audio versions of Crouch End and The Doctor's Case.

well i think i saw online i forget where to be honest, that the script is going to start being written this Jan coming up. my guess they are waiting that long cause they want to figure who the hell is gonna write it if it is the same person or not? and who knows how long that will take ?
    They've already started working on the script. January is when they want to have it done. The script is being written by Dauberman, but the creative lead is Muschietti. Basically Muschietti tells Dauberman the story and ideas he wants to tell, and Dauberman writes them into a script, much like the rewrite process of chapter 1.

i have no idea to be honest i really have not been paying attention that much. how much of his script was even used?.
    Around 60%. A lot of his structure and character development remained. The biggest changes were in the portrayal of Pennywise and his abilities as a shapeshifter, since Fukunaga only had him change into creepy human characters here and there, and the 3rd act battle.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.businessinsider.com/kings...-office-2017-9
    The domestic box office is feeling a little hungover from the last two week's monster take from Warner Bros./New Line Cinema's horror "It."

This week, audiences had a diverse selection of titles in wide release to choose from: "Kingsman: The Golden Circle," "The Lego Ninjango Movie," and the horror "Friend Request." Though the "Kingsman" sequel took the win, all three titles underperformed compared to industry projections.

"The Golden Circle," continuing the James Bond-like antics of franchise star Taron Egerton along with new additions Channing Tatum, Halle Berry, Julianne Moore, and Jeff Bridges, took in an estimated $39 million on 4,000 screens, according to Exhibitor Relations.

That's just below its $40 million projection. However, thanks to the added star power, the movie was able to earn more in its opening weekend than the 2015 original, "Kingsman: The Secret Service," which opened with $36.2 million. It pulled that off with just a 51% Rotten Tomatoes score, compared to the 74% score that "The Secret Service" got.

"It" came in second with a strong $30 million third week. The adaptation of the Stephen King novel is now the highest-grossing R-rated horror movie of all time (not counting inflation) with a domestic total of $266 million.

Traveler Marlie is on a distinguished road Marlie's Avatar

"The adaptation of the Stephen King novel is now the highest-grossing R-rated horror movie of all time (not counting inflation) with a domestic total of $266 million."

That is so awesome; I can't wait to see how part 2 turns out!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the movie tonight, really enjoyed it. I’ve been avoiding this thread ‘cos of spoilers so not sure if it’s been mentioned, but love the nod to Tim Curry in the room of clowns, it was a split second visual, but still awesome that they put him in.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm glad you liked it and i'm also thrilled that the film is breaking records as well, this may come as no surprise to anyone but someone's gotta say it SEE what happens when they have people who care about the source material? yes they changed shit and i didn't like the changes but i'm not gonna say they don't care about the book cause i know they do.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    If I had to pick a favorite way to receive the story, it would be the audiobook. Steven Weber does an amazing job at it. He doesn't just read the book, he acts it out. When he's doing Pennywise, it's pretty creepy to imagine Weber recording those parts.
    Interesting the different way fans respond to SK audiobooks. Try as I may I couldn't listen to Steven Weber read It for the exact reason you like him: his acting out of the characters and overdramatizing of nearly every sentence drove me crazy. Same with Will Patton on the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. I'm always wary of actors who do audiobooks for that exact reason. When I learned that James Franco was reading the Dead Zone I feared that he would go the same route but he was very restrained and I thought he did a good job. My favorite SK audiobook readers are Ron McLarty, Frank Mueller, Craig Wasson and Stephen King himself.
    Personally I think Weber did a pretty good job not overacting. Aside from Pennywise and a few other occasions (Richie's voices, characters like the Irish cop) he really didn't feel the need to change up his voice too much.

An example of a performer going too far IMO is Anne Hathaway on Wizard of Oz. Like she gives the Scarecrow I think this really weird Brooklyn accent.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Which door would you choose?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heh... not ENTIRELY related to It but I don't think it's a coincidence Sony decided to do this after the success of Pennywise.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/summer-o...de-1202172482/

Shame is Summer of Night is actually a really good book, hope they don't make it a cash-in.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Heh... not ENTIRELY related to It but I don't think it's a coincidence Sony decided to do this after the success of Pennywise.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/summer-o...de-1202172482/

Shame is Summer of Night is actually a really good book, hope they don't make it a cash-in.
    I have lost a little faith in the chaps at Sony...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

SoN could make for a good movie...let's hope.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    SoN could make for a good movie...let's hope.
    Love SoN and prefer it to It but the storylines are too similar: six kids, five boys and a girl, band together to fight an ancient evil entity over the course of a coming of age summer.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Love Summer of Night. Also would love to see a movie, but I'm also apprehensive at the same time. Also just saw it mentioned in the article that they're working on adapting The Terror for AMC. Love that one as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast