Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I prefer the new movie, but will always love and enjoy the miniseries; I think it had lots going for it, and as I saw it when it was new, the way it has aged doesn't bother me. I expect many younger people would react to it like my daughter, who found it cheesy and terrible (was 1990 really almost 30 years ago? Holy crap.)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WOW... your the first one I heard say the mini series was better. I tried my best to watch it a month ago... and stopped after the first 30 mins. It is just cheesy and outdated. I couldn't do it;(
    Did you see it when it first came out? Just curious if it is new to you now.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW... your the first one I heard say the mini series was better. I tried my best to watch it a month ago... and stopped after the first 30 mins. It is just cheesy and outdated. I couldn't do it;(
    I think the second part is so-so but I think the first part with the kids is genuinely good and did a better job capturing the characters than the new one did.

For example Seth Green to me is like Richie stepped right off the pages. Finn Wolfhard (again who I think is a good actor, love him on Stranger Things) felt more like your average kid making dick jokes.

Also a big difference between the two is I think the miniseries tried to be as faithful as they could to the book and most of the changes were a result of pragmatic adaptation reasons given the limits they had. The new film felt more like the writers felt they could actually improve on King's work(!) and made changes like "Bill thinks Georgie is still alive" or "Bev's father is sexually molesting her".
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I sure did. I read the book and then that came out soon after I did. I was scared and I liked it at the time.... it has just aged poorly for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The first time I saw the miniseries (when originally broadcast), I thought it was pretty good, but having read the novel, I wasn't surprised or scared the way someone new to it might have been. Then, I got up and went to the kitchen (the dark kitchen) to grab a snack or something, and fully expected to see Pennywise there waiting for me...

Funny how you can be taken by surprise by something you were expecting. Just like: the first time seeing the first trailer for the current movie, we see Georgie approach the drain, and it's all very familiar - sure, I know Pennywise will pop up in the drain - I've read the book 3 or 4 times and seen the miniseries probably more times than that - so how scary can it be? Then he pops up and I jerk involuntarily while making a funny noise...

In the current film, I totally failed to see that the

Spoiler:
    slideshow scene was basically replacing the Derry picture book scene in which Pennywise popped his fingers out of the book

and therefore was totally unprepared for, and shocked by,

Spoiler:
    the moment when giant Pennywise pops out of the wall.

It's good to be shocked by something with which you're already very familiar.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I sure did. I read the book and then that came out soon after I did. I was scared and I liked it at the time.... it has just aged poorly for me.
    I'd agree with this -- it doesn't hold up well, although I thought it was decent at the time. Same thing with 'Salem's Lot -- it's hard to watch now, but it terrorized me at the time.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Watched It last night. Yep that was a pretty cool film. I'm not sure that it was better than the mini-series for me personally. I think they're both great in different ways. The mini-series is entertaining for the teenager in me. The movie is entertaining for the adult in me. Can't wait to watch the bluray with the deleted scenes.
    Oops, didn't mean for it to come across that I thought that the mini-series was better. I more of meant that I personally enjoy both and that neither bests each other. I've read the book twice, listened to Steven Weber do the audiobook, watched the mini-series several times, and expect to watch the film several more times in the future.
    If I had to pick a favorite way to receive the story, it would be the audiobook. Steven Weber does an amazing job at it. He doesn't just read the book, he acts it out. When he's doing Pennywise, it's pretty creepy to imagine Weber recording those parts.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched It last night. Yep that was a pretty cool film. I'm not sure that it was better than the mini-series for me personally. I think they're both great in different ways. The mini-series is entertaining for the teenager in me. The movie is entertaining for the adult in me. Can't wait to watch the bluray with the deleted scenes.
    Oops, didn't mean for it to come across that I thought that the mini-series was better. I more of meant that I personally enjoy both and that neither bests each other. I've read the book twice, listened to Steven Weber do the audiobook, watched the mini-series several times, and expect to watch the film several more times in the future.
    If I had to pick a favorite way to receive the story, it would be the audiobook. Steven Weber does an amazing job at it. He doesn't just read the book, he acts it out. When he's doing Pennywise, it's pretty creepy to imagine Weber recording those parts.
    Really? Where can you get that? I would love to listen to that on the way to work.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently on Audible, which you can get for free with the trial.

Also on physical CD here.

https://www.amazon.com/Novel-Stephen...=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, I just got home from the cinema..There was myself and two others... They left at after half... I was on my own! Fucking loved it... The losers were great, Bev was unbelievable (unbelievable good). Pennywise is terrific. cannot wait for the next installment...

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i haven't seen this yet but i may end up going on friday though to see it. i absoutely love the mini-series for what it is and like it's been said what their budget was and for what they were allowed to show at the time. i just watched it last week for like the 300th time. i have no idea how many times i've seen it i'm just throwing a random number out there so who knows what number i'm at. i do love the book, without seeing it the things i don't like about it is the timeline they needed to keep it in the 50's or the early 60's i'm sorry seeing Henry Bowers as a greaser is not only more truer to the book it's just more fitting and isn't as laughable as seeing him with a mullet. i hate it when writers thing that making a writers book better by changing shit. yes it at times can work like i really didn't think the godfather was that great of a novel but i love the novel. Salam's Lot' is a vast vast improvement over Carrie which i don't think is a good book to each their own who do.

but i think it's the ending that i don't like that ruins the book for me. what else? but i really do love the (1979) film the long version of it anyways. the remake from (2004) was fucking awful though. anyways back on topic for the tv movie some of the Special FX i think really came out good for what money they had. and some of them of course haven't aged well. i never did like the way the book ended for IT though where the memory loss... cause i want them as adults keep in contact and in the book i don't think they are able to. but than King hasn't put any of those characters other than Mike Hanlon in any other book he's done since so i dunno if i'm wrong or not. i wish that in another book of his say it's his next one Richie Tozier has a role in it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i haven't seen this yet but i may end up going on friday though to see it. i absoutely love the mini-series for what it is and like it's been said what their budget was and for what they were allowed to show at the time. i just watched it last week for like the 300th time. i have no idea how many times i've seen it i'm just throwing a random number out there so who knows what number i'm at. i do love the book, without seeing it the things i don't like about it is the timeline they needed to keep it in the 50's or the early 60's i'm sorry seeing Henry Bowers as a greaser is not only more truer to the book it's just more fitting and isn't as laughable as seeing him with a mullet. i hate it when writers thing that making a writers book better by changing shit. yes it at times can work like i really didn't think the godfather was that great of a novel but i love the novel. Salam's Lot' is a vast vast improvement over Carrie which i don't think is a good book to each their own who do.

but i think it's the ending that i don't like that ruins the book for me. what else? but i really do love the (1979) film the long version of it anyways. the remake from (2004) was fucking awful though. anyways back on topic for the tv movie some of the Special FX i think really came out good for what money they had. and some of them of course haven't aged well. i never did like the way the book ended for IT though where the memory loss... cause i want them as adults keep in contact and in the book i don't think they are able to. but than King hasn't put any of those characters other than Mike Hanlon in any other book he's done since so i dunno if i'm wrong or not. i wish that in another book of his say it's his next one Richie Tozier has a role in it.
    Spoiler:
    Jake runs across Richie and Bev in 11/22/63 about a year after the IT murders.
    What other book was Mike in? I don't recall that.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh sorry for the double post if i did that, that wasn't intentional. he was in if i can spell this right Insomina where it takes place Derry and if my memory is right and bear in mind i haven't read in in years Ralph the lead i believe is his name, works at the libary. i'm about to go to bed so forgive my spelling, anyways, his boss is Mike Hanlon and in the book he's written like a prick if my memory is right, he's not in the book that much only here and there but that's the last one of the books i read that i recall. and i haven't read 11-22-63 yet to be fair. i just started this past week actually Mr. Mercedes i'm only 155 pages into it thus far

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha. Been so long since I've read Insomnia that I completely forgot about that.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it today and loved it.

No way it is THE best King adaptation ever, though. It's no Shawshank, that's for sure. Brilliant in its own way though. I thought the kids were great as others have noted - and I loved the look and sound of Pennywise, particularly liked the fridge scene! Really glad the film is doing so well. It deserves to be. Would deffo recommend it as one to see.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Interesting the different way fans respond to SK audiobooks. Try as I may I couldn't listen to Steven Weber read It for the exact reason you like him: his acting out of the characters and overdramatizing of nearly every sentence drove me crazy. Same with Will Patton on the Mr. Mercedes trilogy. I'm always wary of actors who do audiobooks for that exact reason. When I learned that James Franco was reading the Dead Zone I feared that he would go the same route but he was very restrained and I thought he did a good job. My favorite SK audiobook readers are Ron McLarty, Frank Mueller, Craig Wasson and Stephen King himself.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going to see IT again tonight at the drive in. Thought about dressing as a clown but remembered this is Texas and everyone is armed.

I guess I should try to give Shawshank another go some day because the one time I saw it, for me it was just ... meh.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Going to see IT again tonight at the drive in. Thought about dressing as a clown but remembered this is Texas and everyone is armed.

I guess I should try to give Shawshank another go some day because the one time I saw it, for me it was just ... meh.
    Omg... you need to re watch Shawshank.. today.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. What Kris said.

Country
    Country Flag

Omg... you need to re watch Shawshank.. today.
    No doubt! That's probably my most watched King based film ever.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast