Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I have yet to see it.

Hurricanes are a bitch.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a director's cut is indeed coming:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...201741697.html
    Hide the kids and break out the red balloons, It is getting supersized. Ringmaster Andy Muschietti has exclusively revealed to Yahoo Movies that he is working on an elongated director’s cut of his record-smashing, nightmare-inducing Stephen King adaptation that will be released with the home edition at the end of the year.

Muschietti and his producer/sister, Barbara Muschietti, broke the news about the It director’s cut on Thursday morning, noting that Warner Bros. had asked them to produce the new version shortly before they came to our studios to participate in a Facebook Live.

Asked if there were any scenes that he found difficult to trim (considering the novel weighed in at 1,000-plus pages), Andy Muschietti said there was one in particular that stood out. “There’s a great scene, it’s a bit of a payoff of the Stanley Uris plot which is the bar mitzvah, where he delivers a speech against all expectations… it’s basically blaming all the adults of Derry [for the town’s history of deadly “accidents” and child disappearances], and it has a great resolution. … Maybe it will be in the director’s cut!”

“Right, we are going to do a director’s cut. We were told this morning,” Barbara Muschietti chimed in.

Andy Muschietti said there would “probably [be] an extra 15 minutes for hardcore fans” in total, including a “very funny” extended version of the quarry scene, where the group of young protagonists who call themselves The Losers Club try to gin up the courage to jump off a cliff into the water below.

“After the spitting contest it escalates into something that is completely weird and irrelevant to the scene but is so funny. Jack Grazer, who plays Eddie, does something that is completely bonkers.”

The filmmaker had assembled longer cuts during the production process before ultimately trimming the film to 2 hours, 15 minutes for its theatrical release. Warner Bros. has not announced a specific release date for DVD/Blu-ray, but it is expected to arrive in time for the holidays, because nothing says Yuletide cheer like a demonic, children-devouring harlequin.

Meanwhile, the Muschiettis said that they are already outlining the story for It: Chapter 2, which will bring back the Losers as adults for a final, fateful confrontation with Pennywise. They said they hope to bring back the young cast in flashback (“before they all have beards”), as well as Bill Skarsgård as their clown adversary.

Andy Muschietti also said he’d love to do a new version of Pet Sematary, the first Stephen King novel the filmmaker read, or a screen adaptation of the short story “The Jaunt,” a sci-fi/horror tale about futuristic teleportation technology that allows people to “jaunt” across the universe from the author’s 1985 collection, Skeleton Crew.

First, however, the duo will be working on an adaptation based on the work of a different member of the King clan. They begin production next month on the series Locke and Key, based on the time-hopping supernatural comic book series written by Joe Hill, the pen name of Stephen King’s son Joe Hillstrom King. That series is slated to stream on Hulu in 2018.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I have yet to see it.

Hurricanes are a bitch.
    That sucks. Glad you're ok though. How are things in your area? Hope you guys didn't get hit too hard.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I was talking to a guy yesterday who was ecstatic after watching It, this weekend.* He actually told me that around 5 (or was it 7?) people walked out of the screening where he was.

"Was it too scary for them?" I asked.
    "No, they didn't like it because it was different from the original series," he replied.

Now, I really liked the series, but... wow. Kinda boggles the mind. I'm not keen on remakes myself, but this is another adaptation of the book, surely? (Possibly more faithful, although I've yet to see it to judge for myself. Just walking out of a film I've paid at least £11 to see boggles my mind, even if I'm not liking it.)

Anyway. It still seems to be largely going down well. I'm really looking forward to seeing it myself.

* The guy was actually training me and others in a new job. ** Amusingly he and other colleagues kept exclaiming "you'll float too!" as they passed each other. Repeatedly.

** A job I didn't get in the end. He was teaching us forklift driving yesterday, and it turns out my LLOP truck driving is a horror film, all of its own. Above chat was after my later crate bumping escapades while another guy was navigating the course.
    In addition to what webstar said (great point, by the way), people wait for screenings get there early to ensure entrance, and they wait for HOURS. Here in Vegas for normal movies I get there about an hour early, for BIG movies it's two hours. Rose and I got to Power Rangers two hours early, we were still a hundred people back.

Why would they wait hours only to walk out? Bullshit squared.
    I doubt they queued for hours at this particular screening.

I'm not saying you're both wrong mind. The thought "how do you know the reason they left" did occur to me as well. Then I thought maybe he knew them, as he did say he was there with a group of people.

Maybe he just saw a bunch leave and he came to his own conclusions. I didn't know him well, I'm just passing on what he said. He did come across as a friendly but slightly loud extrovert so yes, it might have been BS. I will reiterate: he loved the film himself, and I don't think he was trying to dis the film at all. Neither am I. I've yet to see it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.businessinsider.com/it-mo...-office-2017-9
    It was the tale of two studios this weekend at the multiplex: Warner Bros. continued raking in the dough with its hit movie "It" while Paramount navigated the dreaded "F" CinemaScore for the Jennifer Lawrence dud "mother!"

Following its record-breaking opening weekend last week, "It" fed off the word-of-mouth as it took in an estimated $60 million this weekend to win the box office for a second-straight weekend, according to boxofficepro.com.

The movie is performing beyond anything Warner Bros. had hoped for the $35 million-budgeted adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel, as it had only a 51% drop in sales from its monster $123.4 million opening weekend.

"It" now has a total of $218.7 million at the domestic box office. That makes the horror the highest grossing September release of all time. It broke the record — 1986's "Crocodile Dundee," $174.8 million — in just two weeks!

The only competition for "It" this weekend was "mother!," the latest WTF from Darren Aronofsky ("Requiem for a Dream," "Black Swan").

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I finally saw it... some thoughts and spoilers.

I thought it was really good but aside from the obvious uptick in production values, the gore and a few extra scenes from the book (Henry killing his dad, the leper, etc) I think I preferred part 1 of the miniseries to this.

Skarsgard was great but Tim Curry is still the definitive Pennywise for me. Whenever I reread the book it's Tim Curry in my head and I don't think he's going to be replaced by this new one. Likewise I prefer the kids from the original. I think the approach the miniseries took with each segment focusing on one respective kid got us to know them better and they felt more fleshed out.

A number of the changes felt unnecessary. I.E. Bev's father sexually molesting her, Georgie being 'missing' as opposed to being found dead from the outright, Mr. Keene not being the one to tell Eddie about the placebos, etc. It's kind of funny that the miniseries was actually MORE faithful most of the time.

Again I liked it a lot, I had a good time watching it. I'd probably give it a B+.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I managed to see It over the weekend and now make my return to this thread (thank you, thank you).

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Freaking awesome film!!!!
    That pretty much captures it.

Some scenes were quite “amped up” in comparison with the type of thing they could get away with in the miniseries, particularly...
    Spoiler:
    ...a newly one-armed Georgie dragging himself away from the drain, struggling to escape, and Henry killing his father

As the San Francisco Chronicle said, “…medals of valor for every director or producer who threw a tantrum to keep the studio from changing the MPAA rating to PG-13."

Other great creepiness:
    Spoiler:
    That weird woman in the painting in Stan’s father’s office – Jesus, that was creepy. When I first saw the painting, I thought, that woman ain't right - that ain't good.

The television shows saying “go with the clown,” etc.

Pennywise whispering “fear” just before he disappears.

Initially, although we’d been warned, I found the move from 1957 to 1989 jarring.

Also jarring (despite knowing): that so much of the novel had been left out. I think I’d gotten to thinking of all they could fit into this that they’d left out of the miniseries, and got carried away with it (I would’ve loved 10 minutes alone with Mike, wandering the Iron Works ruins, learning about the Black Spot, etc.).

Did any of the kids ever say “beep beep Richie” to Richie? I know Pennywise did, which wouldn’t make sense in the context of the movie if the other kids didn’t say it. Perhaps they did and I just don’t remember it.

I liked all the performances - all the kids, and Pennywise too. Henry came across as a true bastard (who suffered from being bullied himself).

I liked how
    Spoiler:
    Pennywise’s blood floated around him (he’s not one of us, and that ain’t a condo).

Quibbles of a minor nature:
    Spoiler:
    Only 1 actual belch for Belch? Come on!

The apocalyptic rock fight – I liked that we saw actual rocks in flight, but I wanted some attitude (“I’ll kill you all” etc.) out of Henry.

Odd that Ben is now the historian, instead of Mike.

I wonder if...
    Spoiler:
    ...Henry survived the fall; if not, logistical issues await in part 2…

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    …one of the funniest lines in the movie (to me) was when Eddie confronts his mother about his pills and yells
    Spoiler:
    They're Gazebos!
    Yes; that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    URL="http://www.sfchronicle.com/movies/article/They-got-It-right-Behind-the-horror-and-12177344.php"]San Francisco Chronicles Peter Hartlaub [/URL]

Even with the unfriendly 135-minute running time, there’s a “Wait, that’s it?” feeling as the closing credits appear.
    135 minutes is only an “unfriendly” running time when it doesn’t serve the material (I detest the notion that movies “should be” shorter than any particular cutoff time); the “wait, that’s it?” feeling proves this pretty clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I liked many elements in this movie and I could have watched another 15-20 minutes easy.
    Same here. I hope the eventual DVD/Blu-Ray release contains a 200-minute director’s cut, and I suspect I’m not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Looks like a director's cut is indeed coming...
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    One thing that I wasn't crazy about was how they relegated Beverly to the "damsel in distress" archetype at the end.
    But better than relegating her to the town pump, I’d say!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I think it would've been a bolder choice if they'd had Stan be the one who was taken, and that Stan was the one who saw the deadlights, and that when the second cycle starts up, he remembers everything and he kills himself. It also pairs marvelously with the theme that Stan is the only one of the kids who actively left his boyhood behind (by taking his bar mitzvah and becoming a man), and as such he was the one to turn his back on the magic and wonder of childhood.
    Not a bad idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Where the hell was The Barrens?
    I wonder if the notion of a bunch of kids playing in the middle of nowhere, where the town drains empty, just doesn’t fit with 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I read somewhere that the director of IT may get a shot of doing the Stand... would love that.
    Oh God please yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...tors-to-return
    The outlet reports that the upcoming sequel will see the child actors from the first film reprising their roles, working as flashback scenes for the adult versions of their characters that inform the present day scenes. Director Andy Muschietti stressed that the scenes with the kid actors won’t be quick cutaways but integral to the sequel.
    I’m glad they will include the kids for more than just a few reference-oriented flashbacks; the childhood scenes are the heart of the story.

They will need to act fast, so Ben doesn't look like Ben Roethlisberger.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Also, nice acting from those who played Bev and Henry's fathers - small roles as believably menacing fathers, but they nailed them.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think one of the reason I was so pleased with the movie was the fact that I KNEW there was no way we would get every scene from the book. I think the ones we did get were amazing and I'm sure a few more will pop up in the second one. I also think the second one will be longer too. The studio won't care and give him a lot of control I'm sure. I just worry they will play the game and split the second one into 2 pieces A'LA final Harry Potter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I just worry they will play the game and split the second one into 2 pieces A'LA final Harry Potter.
    I actually won't mind if they do this...very much not so.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I just worry they will play the game and split the second one into 2 pieces A'LA final Harry Potter.
    Because.... of the amount of good scenes they could include?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stretching out the adult section into two parts would be a mistake imo. I don't think there's that much to warrant more than one movie and it would probably result in unnecessary padding.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I was either reading something from the director or listening to an interview with him, and he said that will definitely not happen. It was planned as just a two film series. Hopefully they stick with that because it would be weird to have more than another film. However I am not at all opposed to a little webisode or mini special that goes into the history of Derry or some of the missing a bit more

So since people have now seen the film and are going into detail about the it, here are some of my thoughts. I'll spoiler it just in case for those that have yet to see it.
    Spoiler:

My biggest complaint was that there was no barrens in it. The barrens was such a great setting, why did they not use it?! I was a child of the 80s and we would play in the woods all the time, so I don't think it has anything to do with the time period. I also really missed them hanging out and just playing around. The underground fort, the baby dam, were all such great parts. I know not everything could be included but at least some of that would have been nice. And that scene with them swimming in their underwear It should really have been replaced by a scene of them playing in the barrens.

I wasn't really a fan of Georgie not being seen dead. I guess that was their way of getting the kids to conquer It, but I personally wasn't a fan. Just the fact that Bill wants to get revenge on the thing that killed Georgie is good enough. I didn't like that it was more a quest to find him.

The film just seemed very fast paced. You didn't quite feel that strong bond between all of them. Especially when they all abandon Bill later in the film. It also seemed like it just started off with scares and never let up.

I wish Mike was still the historian. I wonder what this will mean for part 2, since Mike is the one that stays behind and continues to document the town.

Mike and Stan had such small stories, I really wish we saw more of these two.

I didn't like how they made Mike an orphan. Seemed like an odd little change.

I wish Ben was more like he was in the book. In the film he was very confident (he was in his underwear with everyone?) whereas book Ben was so insecure, that would never happen. He rarely even took off his sweater, even if it was just with the guys.

The CGI was pretty bad in some instances. The headless body in the library looked so fake and ridiculous. And the leper looked like a zombie. Wish they had made him look more realistic and just like a very sickly bum.

I guess I'm in the minority because I hated the painting of the woman. It wasn't even remotely scary. I wish they had kept a lot of the kids original fears. And most especially Stan's. 2 dead kids coming down the stairs in the standpipe is so much scarier than some surreal painting of a woman.

Some have complained that the bullies were too much, but I felt the exact opposite. They weren't bad enough. I wanted to see Henry's descent into madness. I also really, really wanted to see Patrick Hocksetter's story. He is one the scariest characters I think King has created. I knew they probably wouldn't have put his story into the movie, but I really wish they had.

And now onto things I liked:
    I loved the opening scene with Georgie. It was so well done and creepy.

I loved all the kid actors, but most especially Bev, Eddie, and Ritchie. Eddie was cracking me up non-stop. They really did an excellent job with casting.

I liked Pennywise. My only complaint with him was that I felt they overused him. He was in it so much, but sometimes less is better. He lost a bit of his scariness the more we saw of him.

I didn't mind the change to the ending. It's really hard to convey visually what King wrote, so I'm glad they didn't go that route. I really wonder about Henry though. I was listening to a podcast and they hypothesized that adult Henry will be transferred over to Bev's abusive husband in the second film. Which I could see them doing, and I think will work fine for the film, but I won't lie that I wish it was Henry.

As an adaptation I didn't care for it. Too much had been changed, and the book is perfection in my opinion. So I guess it was a given that I'd be disappointed in that respect. But as a horror film, I think it pulled it off. I'm hoping to see it again soon, so hopefully I can enjoy it for what it is, and just think of it as a separate entity.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Because.... of the amount of good scenes they could include?
    Yes, although the value of this would depend on them going to the limit with something I wanted them to do with part 2, and which they apparently are doing, at least to some extent: part 2 won't be 100% adults, and will include the kids for more than just quick flashbacks. I would want lots more with the kids, while still letting the adult "framing" portions breathe and not be shoehorned in for time.

The pedestrian worst case scenario of splitting part 2 into two parts: if part 2 was nearly all adult material, the first part could be the calls and the adult losers reacting to them, closing with Bev escaping her husband (I guess that would serve as dramatic tension). This would be mighty limp, not to mention very light on horror/Pennywise. This would be awful.

There is another way, however:

The adult portion of part 2 could focus on adult Mike in Derry before he makes the phone calls, built heavily on the Derry interludes, going into great depth on the mythology of Derry - we see all of his research, talking to old-timers, historical events such as the gang shootout, flashbacks to young Mike wandering the wreckage of the iron works, and then climaxing with finding Georgie's picture, seeing "COME HOME COME HOME COME HOME" (that part always gets me) and realizing It is back and he has no choice but to call the others back to Derry. Major problem - while I would absolutely love this breakdown (of part 2 into two parts), the general moviegoing public definitely would not, because, while it would be horror in a cerebral sense, it would have little horror action going for it. Well, I guess that's why we have books.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I cant fucking go see it on next week's thursday, so wil be on tuesday 12th. After americans and belgium, but before frenchies....
    In Germany it was possible to se IT at the 06.09.17 at the Fantasy Film Festival...
    normal start: 28.09.17

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I finally saw the movie yesterday and I fucking loved it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't yet, but hoping to see it soon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it today finally. Great. Fucking. Movie. I thought they nailed it, and made a perfect adaptation of the kid's part of the story. There was no way we were going to get everything, but what we did get was great. The kids did a great job nailing the characters, particularly the girl that played Bev. She did a fantastic job of playing that character, and captured the sass, toughness, and tenderness of the character in the book. The new Pennywise was fantastic, he was scary enough without over doing it. No he's not Tim Curry, but imo he made me forget about Tim Curry and love his version.

I understand that because they made a movie already, almost 30 years ago, there are going to be comparisons. But I wish people would stop it, and not think of this as a remake. This is a new adaptation of the book. And it does a wonderful job of that. The 1990 series was good for its time, yes. I watched it as it aired on tv as a freshman in college, and we all were into it. But this is a new movie, a new telling, not a remake. It's a fantastic movie, and I CANNOT wait for Chapter 2. I am interested to see what they do with the 2nd confrontation, it's going to be a bit more difficult to adapt.

Reading this:

or a screen adaptation of the short story “The Jaunt,” a sci-fi/horror tale about futuristic teleportation technology that allows people to “jaunt” across the universe from the author’s 1985 collection, Skeleton Crew.
    made me happy because I love that short story and I think it does not get the attention it deserves.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

or a screen adaptation of the short story “The Jaunt,” a sci-fi/horror tale about futuristic teleportation technology that allows people to “jaunt” across the universe from the author’s 1985 collection, Skeleton Crew.
    made me happy because I love that short story and I think it does not get the attention it deserves.
    Me too but I don't think it gets much attention because it was what, 10 pages long? Should be interesting to see how they manage to lengthen into a full movie.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched It last night. Yep that was a pretty cool film. I'm not sure that it was better than the mini-series for me personally. I think they're both great in different ways. The mini-series is entertaining for the teenager in me. The movie is entertaining for the adult in me. Can't wait to watch the bluray with the deleted scenes.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Watched It last night. Yep that was a pretty cool film. I'm not sure that it was better than the mini-series for me personally. I think they're both great in different ways. The mini-series is entertaining for the teenager in me. The movie is entertaining for the adult in me. Can't wait to watch the bluray with the deleted scenes.
    WOW... your the first one I heard say the mini series was better. I tried my best to watch it a month ago... and stopped after the first 30 mins. It is just cheesy and outdated. I couldn't do it;(
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast