Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So I've had a night to think about, and I've been trying to separate the book from the movie. It's my favorite book ever written, and I'm a purist when it comes to moving books to film. Yes I know some changes need to be made, but I get annoyed with unnecessary changes. So I guess it's inevitable, especially with how hyped I was getting for the movie that I would be somewhat disappointed. I didn't hate it by any means, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to. I don't really know how to give a review without going into detail about the changes they made that I disliked. I will say that the spirit of the books was there, and as I said above the Losers Club was excellent. Really a strong cast of kids. But there are a lot of changes to the books, so don't expect a straight adaptation. And it could just be me because I rarely get scared when seeing a film, but the movie was not scary at all, which kinda disappointed me. There were far scarier moments in the book that they didn't put in the film. But compared to all the crappy horror films that get made these days this one is definitely one of the better ones.
    I have to disagree.. I thought the film was frightening.. And lets be honest, anyone going to see a movie based off a book has to get it out of their head that it will be play by play to the book. IT NEVER HAPPENS. That is why I didn't abhor The Dark Tower as much as some. I didn't love it but I didn't detest it like others. Taking a 1200 page book and doing what he did with half that... was brilliance. My favorite book of all time is IT as well... and I am in the LEAST disappointed. I am sad to hear you were
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I've had a night to think about, and I've been trying to separate the book from the movie. It's my favorite book ever written, and I'm a purist when it comes to moving books to film. Yes I know some changes need to be made, but I get annoyed with unnecessary changes. So I guess it's inevitable, especially with how hyped I was getting for the movie that I would be somewhat disappointed. I didn't hate it by any means, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to. I don't really know how to give a review without going into detail about the changes they made that I disliked. I will say that the spirit of the books was there, and as I said above the Losers Club was excellent. Really a strong cast of kids. But there are a lot of changes to the books, so don't expect a straight adaptation. And it could just be me because I rarely get scared when seeing a film, but the movie was not scary at all, which kinda disappointed me. There were far scarier moments in the book that they didn't put in the film. But compared to all the crappy horror films that get made these days this one is definitely one of the better ones.
    I am very much a purist when it comes to movie adaptations too, which is why I love The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile - they both stuck pretty close to the source material, with only very minor changes made.

I am due to watch IT tomorrow night. I will try to watch this movie with an open mind, but will probably be just as disappointed. I really hope I won't be though....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I am very much a purist when it comes to movie adaptations too, which is why I love The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile - they both stuck pretty close to the source material, with only very minor changes made.

I am due to watch IT tomorrow night. I will try to watch this movie with an open mind, but will probably be just as disappointed. I really hope I won't be though....
    I'll be curious what you think. Just expect a lot of changes, and you might be pleasantly surprised. Like I said it wasn't horrible and I didn't hate it, but there are some changes which I don't get. I'll go into more detail once more people see it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I wasn't expecting a page by page translation, but you can make the film similar to the book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

And Sophia was excellent as Bev. I had my doubts about her beforehand, but I think she might have been the strongest actor of the bunch.
    Without out a doubt. An impressive performance.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I go see it in 4 hours.

I just finished rereading the novel last night.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This film seems to be smashing records. Really glad to see a Stephen King film do good at the boxoffice.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp...-night-1036714

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

I was just thinking about you. I know your as big an IT fan as I am... I fucking loved this movie. Going again tonight and again Monday with my mother. LOL Thats 3 times and i will see it more I am sure. I, LIKED the small changes. I really did. It is so close they didn't matter really that much in the grand scheme of things. The "heart" is there.. and that to me was amazing. I am also glad they left out the child sex scene..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can I ask anyone here that has seen the movie.... FOR ME.. this is the best King movie ever made. More than Shawshank, Shining, Misery to name a few. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Saw it last night. I don't feel as if it is the best King movie ever made. Not saying it wasn't good. I loved the kids performances, the whole coming of age story, and had some great laughs, especially the Molly Ringwold line. Pennywise was well played, and I agree with Heather that for me it wasn't scary.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This film seems to be smashing records. Really glad to see a Stephen King film do good at the boxoffice.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp...-night-1036714
    Agreed. Great to see that.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can I ask anyone here that has seen the movie.... FOR ME.. this is the best King movie ever made. More than Shawshank, Shining, Misery to name a few. Anyone else feel the same way?

I DO!

...but then again, I was never a fan of Shawshank nor Green Mile. Hated Nicholson in The Shining. Misery was pretty good. For me, IT (2017) is the #1 SK film.....so far...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure it's been pointed out but I just realized that the It cycle is 27 years and the miniseries came out in 1990 so the movie could only come out in 2017

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm sure it's been pointed out but I just realized that the It cycle is 27 years and the miniseries came out in 1990 so the movie could only come out in 2017
    And Bill Skarsgård was born in 1990.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Saw IT today and I loved it, 98.5% great. Too much shaky camera and close ups in the fight scene, but that's an extremely minor quibble. Very few directors and editors nowadays know how to do fight and/or action scenes properly. The kids were spot on perfect.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Just left second viewing. Just as good if not better as you can pick up more stuff. The line up to get into next show was outside. Wow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Default The It remake

Oh and a couple of neat things. They had a Geordie doll holding a red balloon. It was life-size and cool. There was random red balloons throughout the theater and line ups out the doors. Again the audience clapped at ours. My friend who I took wanted to borrow my reader copy of IT. That to me... speaks volumes.

OH! And there was two 7 or 8 year old boys behind us. One was crying his eyes out. They were there with their mother. Haha they stayed the whole time to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed the movie a couple of hours ago.
    I knew going in that this was the kids only (Chapter 1).
    No surprises at all (a few shocks, yes), thus enjoyable to see a competent visual of half the book. IMO, more risks should have been taken.
    In Chapter 2 Stan Uris dies right of of the gate. Why not try something different, and have him die in the first movie? That would have actually been a surprise.
    It also got a bit old hearing 12-13 year old boys-and girl scream dozens of times.

A very good, but not great movie.
    4.5 beers on the RFSRS (=75%).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...lion-on-friday
    New Line Cinema‘s IT earned a monstrous $51 million on Friday, which marks the largest Friday ever for a September release and also the largest Friday opening for the studio. Of the $51 million, $13.5 million came from Thursday previews, which is the largest Thursday pre-show ever for a horror movie, the largest for an R-rated movie (beating Deadpool‘s $12.7 million), the largest pre-show for a September release, and the biggest for New Line. The film also set a record for the number of locations it’s playing at for an R-rated movie with 4,103 theaters.

Internationally, IT earned $16.1 million from about 10,560 screens in 46 markets, taking the overseas total to $25.7 million. Capturing an extraordinary 86% share of the Top 5 films in the market, UK opened to an estimated $4.5m from 1,342 screens, becoming the biggest opening day ever for a horror film and the biggest Warner Bros. opening day in 2017.

New Line Cinema’s horror thriller IT, directed by Andrés Muschietti (Mama), is based on the hugely popular Stephen King novel of the same name, which has been terrifying readers for decades. When children begin to disappear in the town of Derry, Maine, a group of young kids are faced with their biggest fears when they square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries.

IT stars Bill Skarsgård as the story’s central villain, Pennywise the clown. An ensemble of young actors also star in the film, including Jaeden Lieberher (Midnight Special), Jeremy Ray Taylor (Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip), Sophia Lillis (37), Finn Wolfhard (TV’s Stranger Things), Wyatt Oleff (Guardians of the Galaxy), Chosen Jacobs (upcoming Cops and Robbers), Jack Dylan Grazer (Tales of Halloween) and Nicholas Hamilton (Captain Fantastic).

A sequel to IT is already in the works with Gary Dauberman writing the script. Muschietti is expected to return, but he hasn’t signed a deal yet.

That's awesome! This movie has made more in it's opening day than every R-rated horror film made on it's opening weekend (except for Paranormal Activity 3 which brought in $52million). I hope this shows studios that they can invest in R-rated horror films now, instead of all the crappy horror films they've been throwing at us lately.

Country
    Country Flag

http://uproxx.com/movies/stephen-kin...-orgy-scene/2/
    As has been reported a few times in the lead up to the release of It, the adaptation of Stephen King’s classic horror tale that turned clowns into a horror fixture, a very controversial scene was left out of the movie. It involves the members of The Losers’ Club all having sex with each other in the sewers as a way to connect each other and keep them together throughout the events of the book. It was left out of both adaptations of King’s story for obvious reasons, though his original intentions seemed to be less about children having sex and more about the meaning behind it in that instance.

That’s going to be difficult for anybody to get across in a movie, no matter how you try to spin it, but King did try to explain it in a 2013 post that confirmed his original intentions and also showed some regrets:

Times have changed since I wrote that scene and there is now more sensitivity to those issues.

Screenwriter Gary Dauberman explained to Entertainment Weekly why the scene was excised from the latest adaptation, pointing out how the scene has become one of the more iconic parts of the book alongside its opening with Pennywise luring Georgie into the sewer and how “it’s such a shame” given how the scene doesn’t define the entire story.

Stephen King seems to feel the same way, at least in terms of how people view the scene compared to the rest of his book. Vulture reached out to the author’s agent for confirmation on the 2013 statement and received a bit of an addendum to hold a mirror up to the viewers and readers:

“That sounds like my statement.” He added: “To it I’d just add that it’s fascinating to me that there has been so much comment about that single sex scene and so little about the multiple child murders. That must mean something, but I’m not sure what.”

It’s certainly something to think about, though it’s also unlikely to change any minds about the sex scene. It is generally something that you don’t cover for fairly obvious reasons. That said, society does seem to have an easier time stomaching violence over sex in a general sense, especially when it comes to the movie. It’s doubtful anybody would protest It’s scene being left out of the film, but King does add an interesting wrinkle to the discussion.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be surprised if Chapter II casts a superstar-simply too much money.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what I think they should have done with Chapter I:

Spoiler:
    At the very least, one of the 7 main kids should have been killed. Since Chapter II will likely have Stan comitting suicide early on, they should have rolled the credits, and then went to a scene where Stan (as the Kid) thinks he's safe. While reading a bird book, Pennywise, or zombie Henry Bowers appears and tears Stan apart. The other kids have already begun to go there own way, and the memory is fading, so they never know (Stan's body is never found).

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just came back from the movie and I enjoyed it very much. Initial thought was that this movie was cast very well however, as RF states above, more risks could have been taken and IMO this could have been a bit darker.

I liked many elements in this movie and I could have watched another 15-20 minutes easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast