Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The It remake

I just got back from the move. Where do I begin? That my friends was a masterpiece. Pennywise was flat out amazing. Ritchie? Just WOW. I feel like Bev and need to process my thoughts but a solid 9.5/10 for me. The charm of this movie will seat it as a classic. It's funny, scary and beautifully done. This is my favourite King adaptation ever. NOT to mention... one of my favourite movies of the last decade. Go forth and enjoy.... IT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://observer.com/2017/09/it-movie...-king-details/
    This will be the third box office post we do for New Line Cinema’s and Warner Bros.’ Stephen King adaptation It, and the reason we keep having to writing them is because estimates keep going up and up (they all float, Georgie). With universally positive word of mouth, it’s easy to see why industry insiders are bullish on It‘s box office potential.

While the previously reported tracking number of $60 million is still very much in play, some believe the Andy Muschietti-directed feature could reach as high as $70 million, per Deadline. This is a massive, jaw-dropping number especially when you remember that the biggest R-rated horror opening of all time is Hannibal‘s $58 million in 2002 and the biggest September opening ever is Hotel Transylvania 2‘s $48.5 million, according to Box Office Mojo.

We previously estimated that if It lives up to its $60 million expectations and plays like the popular The Conjuring (3.2x domestic multiplier), it could end its run around $450 million on a $35 million to $40 million budget. But if It can somehow score a staggering $70 million opening and still put up a similar multiplier, it will easily cross the half-billion mark. As the first big fall movie and a nostalgia-powered feature, It doesn’t face much cross-generational competition though mother! and Kingsman: The Golden Circle will eat into its revenue just a bit in later weeks.

Still, It is the rare film drawing interest from multiple age demographics (those that became fans from the 1986 novel, the 1990 miniseries and everything since then) while sticking in our collective subconscious.

Per Deadline:

“We hear everyone wants to see the King classic on the screen; that’s where this excitement is coming from, and there’s a sweet spot with the young-20s crowd. The premiere for It is tonight in Hollywood, and while there’s no Rotten Tomatoes score recorded yet, this crazed clown-meets-Stand by Me pic — which is the first of two installments focusing on the young kids who are haunted by Pennywise — is red hot on social. Following early screenings, RelishMix noticed a jump over the last week in #ItMovie hashtags, from 4,500 to 10K last week.”

A few weeks ago, TheWrap reported that internal estimates over at WB were far more conservative, pegging the movie for a rock solid $35 million opening. But if the hype keeps building like this—and with the review embargo lifting at 2 a.m. ET this morning, it will—they are entitled to get a bit cocky, especially with the year they are having.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just got back from the move. Where do I begin? That my friends was a masterpiece. Pennywise was flat out amazing. Ritchie? Just WOW. I feel like Bev and need to process my thoughts but a solid 9.5/10 for me. The charm of this movie will seat it as a classic. It's funny, scary and beautifully done. This is my favourite King adaptation ever. NOT to mention... one of my favourite movies of the last decade. Go forth and enjoy.... IT.

Just got home too and agree 100000%! Richie AND Eddie absolutely killed IT! I can't wait to see it again.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Here is my rambling review of It (Chapter 1)
    Great review Bev. I only truly disagree with you on one thing.. Pennywise. I LOVED his voice, his mannerisms and his screen time. I thought he was used effectively in every way. I never liked Tim Curry at all.. but boy oh boy I LOVED Bill Sasgard. There was something about his performance that has made him one of my all time top antagonists. My last fav? Leger's Joker. I relish the fact that I will see this again tomorrow. I also found Ritchie hilarious... our theater laughed a LOT from him... did I take it from your review you did not? last point I would make.. this is the first time I went to a movie in ALL MY LIFE.. that the audience not only clapped.. BUT CHEERED at the end.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see positive reviews on this. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I will be able to watch this over the weekend.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Great review Bev. I only truly disagree with you on one thing.. Pennywise. I LOVED his voice, his mannerisms and his screen time. I thought he was used effectively in every way. I never liked Tim Curry at all.. but boy oh boy I LOVED Bill Sasgard. There was something about his performance that has made him one of my all time top antagonists. My last fav? Leger's Joker. I relish the fact that I will see this again tomorrow. I also found Ritchie hilarious... our theater laughed a LOT from him... did I take it from your review you did not? last point I would make.. this is the first time I went to a movie in ALL MY LIFE.. that the audience not only clapped.. BUT CHEERED at the end.
    I loved Richie. Finn was by far the best of the young male actors. It was Eddie I couldn't stand. Annoyed the crap out of me!

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Richie. Finn was by far the best of the young male actors. It was Eddie I couldn't stand. Annoyed the crap out of me!
    Ahhhh sorry my bad.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HAHA! Opinions are funny things. I absolutely loved Richie and Eddie. Couldn't get enough of either of them and especially both of them together. Same with Pennywise. As much as I adored Tim Curry in the role, Bill Skarsgard was better in every way.

I also had the first ever experience of an audience clapping and cheering. It was surreal that as the credits started rolling, there was complete silence for a few moments and then this deafening ROAR!

Almost forgot...

Spoiler:
    The scene when the kids stop being afraid and attack and beat the living shit out of Pennywise was EPIC!

...After the movie was over, I wanted to run and play in the sewer!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ICry4Oy; 09-07-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Oh yeah.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

HAHA! Opinions are funny things. I absolutely loved Richie and Eddie. Couldn't get enough of either of them and especially both of them together. Same with Pennywise. As much as I adored Tim Curry in the role, Bill Skarsgard was better in every way.

I also had the first ever experience of an audience clapping and cheering. It was surreal that as the credits started rolling, there was complete silence for a few moments and then this deafening ROAR!

Almost forgot...

Spoiler:
    The scene when the kids stop being afraid and attack and beat the living shit out of Pennywise was EPIC!

EVERYTHING HE SAID. ^^^^^
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post

Almost forgot...

Spoiler:

EVERYTHING HE SAID. ^^^^^
    I loved the rock fight. Perfect, especially with Richie's parting shot at Henry.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love how the the San Francisco Chronicles Peter Hartlaub sums up the movie and hopes for more in Chapter II:

Spoiler:
    1. Even with the unfriendly 135-minute running time, there’s a “Wait, that’s it?” feeling as the closing credits appear.
    2. The decision raises the suspicion that when “It” makes a gajillion dollars over the next month, the film might get stretched out Peter Jackson/“The Hobbit”-style into a bloated cinematic souffle that collapses upon itself.
    So we end with a plea to Warner Bros. Pictures: Make one more movie as good as this one, count your money, then let Muschietti move on to his version of “The Stand.”
    Finish “It” the right way, and people will still be paying to watch this movie in 50 years.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to seeing it. Going to the early show 10:20am tomorrow, also in hopes of a smaller crowd.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

In terms of a coming-of-age story, “It” captured the spirit of the novel magnificently. Every single one of the kids was perfectly cast, and the dynamic brought the magic of the Losers’ Club to life in a way I never expected. (I personally thought Sophia Lillis's Beverly and Jack Dylan Grazer's Eddie were the best of a very strong bunch.)

In terms of the horror elements, the film was very unnerving and really inventive in finding new and exciting ways to terrify its audience without having to draw from the well of movie monsters that were a staple in the 1950s. As for Bill Skarsgard, his Pennywise was wickedly terrifying and I credit him for putting his own twisted brand on the character. And most of all, they perfectly evoked Derry from the novels. The town is as much a character as the kids that live in it and the evil that lives beneath it, and you can tell that director Andy Muschietti and the rest of the crew really did their best to do Stephen King’s haunted town justice. You can really feel the passion for the material oozing from every lusciously-shot frame.

If I had a complaint, it’s the film’s pacing. I understand the struggle of distilling a 1,200-page doorstopper to a two-plus-hour runtime. I get it. But "It" really needed some breathing room in between its fantastic sequences. Everything felt like it was on a rocket-sled and moving to break the sound barrier. Certain plotlines were cut short and characters were given short shrift simply because there wasn’t time to develop them (Mike, Stan, Henry). As it is, “It” comes off as a highlight reel of masterful scenes and strong performances, but as a cohesive whole, it really needed a bit more room to flex its muscles and breathe a bit. Still, I'd call it the strongest cinematic King adaptation in well over a decade.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to see It tonight! I need to sleep on it and I'll post a little review in the morning. I will say though, that the kids were perfectly cast. Eddie was my favorite, he was absolutely hilarious. As was Ritchie. They both had the audience laughing. And Sophia was excellent as Bev. I had my doubts about her beforehand, but I think she might have been the strongest actor of the bunch.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw it tonight and it was simply AMAZING. I do like how it focuses strictly on the kid's side of the storyline, leaving the adults presumably for the next film. It really does a great job in picking the important moments of the book, making a few (imo smart) changes, and even improving on 1 or 2 of the book's problem areas. I'm not sure how much I can say without spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that! Best King movie/tv show in quite a number of years.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And Sophia was excellent as Bev. I had my doubts about her beforehand, but I think she might have been the strongest actor of the bunch.
    She seems very shy and uncomfortable in interviews and public appearances and she's done very little acting before this, so a big movie like that with lots of publicity is definitely something she's not used to at all, but from all accounts she did an excellent job. Can't wait to see It tomorrow!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm so excited to see this. Opens TODAY in the UK

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Can I ask anyone here that has seen the movie.... FOR ME.. this is the best King movie ever made. More than Shawshank, Shining, Misery to name a few. Anyone else feel the same way?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two hours and twenty minutes away. Damn, I haven't been this excited for a movie in years.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    And Sophia was excellent as Bev. I had my doubts about her beforehand, but I think she might have been the strongest actor of the bunch.
    She seems very shy and uncomfortable in interviews and public appearances and she's done very little acting before this, so a big movie like that with lots of publicity is definitely something she's not used to at all, but from all accounts she did an excellent job. Can't wait to see It tomorrow!
    Yes, I was worried. She seems so awkward in interviews but she is the exact opposite on screen. It surprised me how good she was, I wasn't expecting it. Also I wasn't a fan of the short hair, I was worried it would make her too tomboyish, but at least her acting outweighed it, and I can see where she would still be able to captivate the boys.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Yes, I was worried. She seems so awkward in interviews but she is the exact opposite on screen. It surprised me how good she was, I wasn't expecting it. Also I wasn't a fan of the short hair, I was worried it would make her too tomboyish, but at least her acting outweighed it, and I can see where she would still be able to captivate the boys.
    That's good to hear. And I find her look really adorable, she seems very sweet but strong as well.

So I've had a night to think about, and I've been trying to separate the book from the movie. It's my favorite book ever written, and I'm a purist when it comes to moving books to film. Yes I know some changes need to be made, but I get annoyed with unnecessary changes. So I guess it's inevitable, especially with how hyped I was getting for the movie that I would be somewhat disappointed. I didn't hate it by any means, but I didn't love it as much as everyone else seems to. I don't really know how to give a review without going into detail about the changes they made that I disliked. I will say that the spirit of the books was there, and as I said above the Losers Club was excellent. Really a strong cast of kids. But there are a lot of changes to the books, so don't expect a straight adaptation. And it could just be me because I rarely get scared when seeing a film, but the movie was not scary at all, which kinda disappointed me. There were far scarier moments in the book that they didn't put in the film. But compared to all the crappy horror films that get made these days this one is definitely one of the better ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast