Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So I won a contest (a few have heard the audio) and am getting to see the movie 3 days earlier with the press. I also will be getting some IT swag. It's a funny story to be honest. They were doing King trivia on a local station and no one could get the answers so I sent in a message to the morning announcers making fun of them. Told them about my collection. I get a call. Instead on one question. They give me three. Killed them all. They asked me a bunch of questions and what not... cool part? ANOTHER radio station heard me, reached out and interviewed me for 15 mins. Pretty cool I gotta say. It airs Friday they said. Hope to record it! My city is losing it over this movie. Our drive in (yes we still have one!! Lol) is playing it next weekend and will have clowns sneaking around during the movie as well another characters from the movie/book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, that's awesome! Congrats! And that drive-in sounds amazing. I wish we had someplace that would do something like that.
    It's pretty bad ass. Packed every weekend. Plays at least 2 if not 3 movies. All new releases and on long weekends... they play old classics! Like Goonies and Princess Bride was a couple weeks ago!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So I won a contest (a few have heard the audio) and am getting to see the movie 3 days earlier with the press. I also will be getting some IT swag. It's a funny story to be honest. They were doing King trivia on a local station and no one could get the answers so I sent in a message to the morning announcers making fun of them. Told them about my collection. I get a call. Instead on one question. They give me three. Killed them all. They asked me a bunch of questions and what not... cool part? ANOTHER radio station heard me, reached out and interviewed me for 15 mins. Pretty cool I gotta say. It airs Friday they said. Hope to record it! My city is losing it over this movie. Our drive in (yes we still have one!! Lol) is playing it next weekend and will have clowns sneaking around during the movie as well another characters from the movie/book!

very cool!! congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Kris!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Old school IT is showing on the SciFy channel right now.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Old school IT is showing on the SciFy channel right now.
    ...and I am enjoying it.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Kris! Congrats! I've called in and won a few radio contests, but they've never called me!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I went to the IT themed art show at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles today. Here's some pics.

Spoiler:

Also, I picked up a few of these promo items. I've lost touch with what is all out there, but these seem to be special vr glasses for use at itthemovie.com/vr. PM me if anyone wants one.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I went to the IT themed art show at Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles today. Here's some pics.

Spoiler:

Also, I picked up a few of these promo items. I've lost touch with what is all out there, but these seem to be special vr glasses for use at itthemovie.com/vr. PM me if anyone wants one.

Thanks for sharing. Very jealous!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the promo item is intended to be folded and have a phone clipped in, then when held to the face, the phone keeps the correct constant distance from the eyes (and reduces ambient light) so that as a person rotates their head, or revolves in a chair, the video VR video experience is maximized.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think the promo item is intended to be folded and have a phone clipped in, then when held to the face, the phone keeps the correct constant distance from the eyes (and reduces ambient light) so that as a person rotates their head, or revolves in a chair, the video VR video experience is maximized.
    Your bang on RF

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sequel-...141941888.html
    Andy Muschietti, the director of the new adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘IT’ (in cinemas 8 September), has given Yahoo Movies an exclusive update on the film’s sequel, the as-yet-untitled ‘IT: Chapter Two’.

Speaking to Yahoo from Los Angeles, Muschietti told us the present-day sequel would explore the “transdimensional” element of King’s source novel that the first film deftly side-steps. He also explained why they couldn’t make the novel’s trippy finale work this time around.

“I really wanted to focus on the emotional journey of the group of kids,” ‘Mama’ director Muschietti told Yahoo Movies.

“Getting in to that other dimension – the other side – was something that we could introduce in the second part. In the book the perspective of the writing… is always with the Losers, so everything they know about Pennywise is very speculative and shrouded in absurdity, so I wanted to respect that mystery feeling of not knowing what’s on the other side.”

For the uninitiated, the original 1986 novel (and the 1990 TV miniseries) sees Bill Denborough (Jaeden Lieberher) and the Losers Club first confronting Pennywise as kids through the “Ritual of Chüd”. The gang enter another dimension and Pennywise is revealed to be a huge otherworldly spider-creature located in a strange realm known as the “deadlights”.

Carey Fukunaga’s original script (the ‘True Detective’ S1 director was originally attached) is said to have been a more direct adaptation of the source material with a similar final act featuring a VFX-heavy “inter-dimensional portal”.

Muschietti’s ‘IT’ has a much more grounded final confrontation with Pennywise that only hints at the otherworldliness of the shapeshifting antagonist. The 1990 TV mini-series tried – and fell short – of honouring Stephen King’s vision on its limited budget, so it sounds like Muschietti wants to ensure the financial success of the first film before throwing money at a VFX-heavy stand off in the second film.

“I also wanted to leave something for the second half, so I didn’t want to get in trouble with that – going into the macroverse or that transdimensional stuff – and keep it grounded, from the point of view of the kids,” he adds.

“There’s another movie to expand into that. Also, there’s a physical truth that it’s a movie that has a budget. And I didn’t want to get into a depiction of a realm that f***s up our budget, the creation of a world that will basically suck up half of our budget, and would have to sacrifice a lot of things.

“So basically it’s a balancing act, but it’s also intricately connected with the content, which is staying true to the emotional aspect of the book.”

Muschietti also reaffirmed his intention for the sequel to return to the timeline of the first film alongside its present day-set storyline, which suggests the impressive young cast (including ‘Stranger Things’ star Finn Wolfhard) will return for ‘Chapter Two’.

“There will be a dialogue between the two timelines,” he explained, “which is something that I love from the book. So it’s not just the [Losers’ Club as] adults, we’re going to come back to 1989.”
    (Please stop writing It as an acronym!)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    That's a capital idea.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Throwing this one out there for the adult casting:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Casting the adults is going to be crucial; I don't want to get a Final Destination vibe when watching It pt 2 (FD was fine for what it was, but I think It demands a weightier approach with quality talent).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Casting the adults is going to be crucial; I don't want to get a Final Destination vibe when watching It pt 2 (FD was fine for what it was, but I think It demands a weightier approach with quality talent).
    I agree. I bet some big name actors get on bored if this is the hit I think it will be.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Pennywise is making an appearance at the affordable art fair.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The title is IT. Get over it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The title is IT. Get over it.
    Agreed. Don't understand why that is always a source for debate when it's clearly printed as such.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where is it printed as such? Have you read the novel recently?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I asked the "experts" here this very question a while ago; the consensus seemed to be "It" is correct, not "IT," although it seems we still don't have universal agreement on this.

(Helpful hint: Stephen King's name is not STEPHEN KING, although it often appears that way.)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

In doing research (10 second search just now that is) I found this, pretty cool.....

Anyone here have all the covers??

Country
    Country Flag

Where is it printed as such? Have you read the novel recently?

No sure what the date of my last reading has to do with anything. Title doesn't seemed to have morphed since then Printed as such in the site wiki as well.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The catalog does have it listed as IT and nearly all the covers as well but this is a stylization and I learned during the music tournament that Pablo () is not a fan of stylizations when it comes to proper spellings.

For example, Nine Inch Nails will sometimes stylize their name as nine inch nails and Tool will spell theirs as TOOL. Kesha used to spell her name as Ke$ha but she has dropped that. We all have our pet peeves. Personally, either spelling doesn't bother me because I always know what they are referring to.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The catalog does have it listed as IT and nearly all the covers as well but this is a stylization and I learned during the music tournament that Pablo () is not a fan of stylizations when it comes to proper spellings.

For example, Nine Inch Nails will sometimes stylize their name as nine inch nails and Tool will spell theirs as TOOL. Kesha used to spell her name as Ke$ha but she has dropped that. We all have our pet peeves. Personally, either spelling doesn't bother me because I always know what they are referring to.
    +1

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is now common to refer to "It" as "IT".
    The copyright page for the US trade first edition shows the title as "It". I'm in the process of rereading the book (100 pages left).
    It is constantly referred to as It. Capitol I, lower case t.

BTAIM, the spellings are now interchangeable. Not my decision, but reality.

The Catalog spelling is technically incorrect, and I am considering changing it.

<---------------Amazed how often "it" comes up in writing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast