Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    They just need another way to show/imply that It is feeding. I don't favor anything specific, but there's got to be a million ways to do that that don't remind one of this:

Its so stupid but that spider gave me nightmares for years.
    I think they might be able to tell the story of what IT actually is in the movie. Then just eh it's a spider in the sewer!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw the new It AND Dark Tower trailers with Atomic Blonde today. I don't know that I've ever seen two trailers of different King adaptations before the same movie before.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe the vision from long ago thing? Hmm. Much can be done with it.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I heard there's going to be no spider. While that might be good because it's hard to visually translate to film, what will they do? Maybe just not show It, like in Blair Witch, and let the audience use their imagination?
    No spider? Aw, man. One of my favorite parts of the book and least favorite of the mini-series.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I heard there's going to be no spider. While that might be good because it's hard to visually translate to film, what will they do? Maybe just not show It, like in Blair Witch, and let the audience use their imagination?
    This was probably the worst part of the entire miniseries and the thing I am most curious about with the new film.
    That damned spider. Please please please don't have The Spider in the remake.
    Considering the TV mini series was made on an extremely small budget 27 years ago, I think they did what they could at the time. Special effects have advanced considerably since then, so I think it's wrong to leave the giant spider out. If the Hobbit films can make giant spiders scary, then this film should be able to do so too.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    If the Hobbit films can make giant spiders scary, then this film should be able to do so too.
    Well, It's 30 million dollar budget is extremely small compared to that Hobbit film's 217 million dollar budget

This Spanish commercial has some new footage:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    If the Hobbit films can make giant spiders scary, then this film should be able to do so too.
    Well, It's 30 million dollar budget is extremely small compared to that Hobbit film's 217 million dollar budget
    The Hobbit was filmed in 3D and 48 fps, and had a production that was almost entirely digital, not to mention an enormous cast. You don't need 217 million dollars to create a decent giant spider.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

IIRC, in the novel, the only way the kids mind could grasp/see IT was as a spider. The monster/evil doesn't need to be a spider, it is just was what they saw.

The movie will be fine as long as they don't do something silly (hard to believe at this point).

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I always got the impression that the spider was ITs final physical form. Its real form was the dead-lights from the great beyond. I loved the spider in the novel - yikes! - but yeah, it was meh in the miniseries. Since Muschietti has already stated the monsters will be more modern than the ones in the novel, the spider may very well have been scrapped and we'll get something else entirely...or the insane cosmic battle with the dead-lights (along with the Turtle) as in the novel ... but probably not

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not bad but Curry's voice was much better IMO.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    They just need another way to show/imply that It is feeding. I don't favor anything specific, but there's got to be a million ways to do that that don't remind one of this:

Walter really does get around, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

To me this voice has more of the reasonable, child-like quality in it that's described in the book. Tim Curry's Pennywise sounds too much like a New York gangster or something.

Country
    Country Flag

+ 1

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

To me this voice has more of the reasonable, child-like quality in it that's described in the book. Tim Curry's Pennywise sounds too much like a New York gangster or something.
    Agreed.. I never really liked Curry's Pennywise at all to be honest...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I thought Curry was great, but other approaches may work too.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A new TV spot with a bit more footage:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Nor did I, Kris.

Spoiler:
    You being a huge fan of IT, Kris. I thought of you when Jake met Bev and Richie in 11/22/63. I'm listening to it for the first time and that was awesome to hear!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    IIRC, in the novel, the only way the kids mind could grasp/see IT was as a spider. The monster/evil doesn't need to be a spider, it is just was what they saw.

The movie will be fine as long as they don't do something silly (hard to believe at this point).

IDK, I always kinda liked the creepy, huge spider version even the somewhat candy assed reproduction from the TV movie. Like, Mr. King certain spiders kinda creep me the fuck out!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Nor did I, Kris.

Spoiler:
    You being a huge fan of IT, Kris. I thought of you when Jake met Bev and Richie in 11/22/63. I'm listening to it for the first time and that was awesome to hear!
    HAHA Thats awesome!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...lywood-1027761
    You'll float, too.

"The It Experience," a new pop-up haunted house at Hollywood and Vine, offers fans of Stephen King's classic 1986 novel It a chance to step into the world of Pennywise the clown. The haunted house is for fans 18 and over, and comes ahead of the film adaptation, which opens Sept. 8.

Walking into the Niebolt House, named for the abandoned house the Loser's Club first encounter Pennywise in the novel, guests will be able to experience "where It lives" as they are guided by Georgie, whose wayward paper sailboat sets the story in motion in the book and film, through the 5,000 sq. foot house as they venture from room to room through immersive sets inspired by scenes from the film with authentic props.

In groups of seven, visitors will form their own Loser's Club as they traverse the haunted lair of the murderous entity known as It for a 20-minute experience encountering pneumatic surprises, live actors, holographic images and animatronic beings.

"The It Experience" will be open daily from Aug. 14 through Sept. 10 at Hollywood Blvd. and Vine St. in Hollywood.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm DYING to be there
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...lywood-1027761
    You'll float, too.

"The It Experience," a new pop-up haunted house at Hollywood and Vine, offers fans of Stephen King's classic 1986 novel It a chance to step into the world of Pennywise the clown. The haunted house is for fans 18 and over, and comes ahead of the film adaptation, which opens Sept. 8.

Walking into the Niebolt House, named for the abandoned house the Loser's Club first encounter Pennywise in the novel, guests will be able to experience "where It lives" as they are guided by Georgie, whose wayward paper sailboat sets the story in motion in the book and film, through the 5,000 sq. foot house as they venture from room to room through immersive sets inspired by scenes from the film with authentic props.

In groups of seven, visitors will form their own Loser's Club as they traverse the haunted lair of the murderous entity known as It for a 20-minute experience encountering pneumatic surprises, live actors, holographic images and animatronic beings.

"The It Experience" will be open daily from Aug. 14 through Sept. 10 at Hollywood Blvd. and Vine St. in Hollywood.
    Brilliant! Would love to check that out.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A french magazine with 2 variant covers dedicated to IT

I personnally prefer the second one, what about you?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. They both are pretty cool!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast