Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    It seems these guys are putting more behind the build up to IT than TDT... It's gonna be brilliant, I can't wait any longer or I'll pop...
    Yeah it's very telling which studio has more faith in their project at this point...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Fun interview with the kids from Comic Con, but the video isn't on YouTube for some reason, sorry:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/21/step...lub-comic-con/
    Now it is:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Watching a lot of the different interviews they've done at Comic-Con you can really see which kid is which role and I think they did a pretty good job with it. I'm still trying to get used to Bev having short hair though.
    Me too. This is really bothering me for some reason. I feel like it makes her too tomboyish. Hopefully she's a great actress so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Really looking forward to seeing this. Lots of great feedback across the spectrum.
    It seems these guys are putting more behind the build up to IT than TDT... It's gonna be brilliant, I can't wait any longer or I'll pop...
    Personally, I think there is too much hype surrounding this film. Unless we all start to manage our expectations, IT could turn out to be this year's biggest disappointment....
    Ughh, I'm so worried about this. I'm soooo excited for this film, and everything so far has seemed really good, but I'm so afraid that because of my excitement that I'm inevitably going to be let down. I really hope that's not the case though.

Also I've just been rewatching the trailer and I'm wondering if Bill is going to stutter? I'm assuming yes, as that's a pretty crucial part of the book, but in all the clips so far he seems to talk perfectly fine.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm still trying to get used to Bev having short hair though.
    Me too. This is really bothering me for some reason. I feel like it makes her too tomboyish. Hopefully she's a great actress so it doesn't matter.
    I think she's adorable and in the few scenes of her from the trailer she appears to fit the role well. Not exactly how I personally pictured Bev but hopefully she's another young new star like Millie.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm still trying to get used to Bev having short hair though.
    It's not how I pictured her, but tomboyish works for a character that hangs out with a gang of boys.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

True but she needs that feminism too considering all the boys lust after her a little bit. She needs a good mix of both. And as long as the actress does well it won't matter.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

True but she needs that feminism too considering all the boys lust after her a little bit.
    Well put - this had occurred to me, but I couldn't think of how to put it without being gross, so I left it alone.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Bev starts the film with long hair. It's cut short at one point as part of her plot. More important is that they found a good actress with winter fire hair

Also I've just been rewatching the trailer and I'm wondering if Bill is going to stutter? I'm assuming yes, as that's a pretty crucial part of the book, but in all the clips so far he seems to talk perfectly fine.
    Yes. Trailers need to be short and tightly paced, so they filmed alternative takes without the stutter to use in them. If you listen closely, you can hear it a little on "I s-saw something"

Oh good. I figured they probably had used his non-stuttering lines for the trailer.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Yeah it's very telling which studio has more faith in their project at this point...
    IT seems to be more prominent at SDCC but I've seen way more DT trailers than IT trailers in the past few weeks when watching certain TV shows. I've seen it on 3 or 4 different channels.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Oh good. I figured they probably had used his non-stuttering lines for the trailer.
    He does not stutter in the Fukunaga/Palmer script I read. He also was named Will for some reason. That's not the final script but it's one the movie is based off of.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

He does not stutter in the Fukunaga/Palmer script I read. He also was named Will for some reason. That's not the final script but it's one the movie is based off of.
    From page one of a 2016 draft of the script :

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT seems to be more prominent at SDCC but I've seen way more DT trailers than IT trailers in the past few weeks when watching certain TV shows. I've seen it on 3 or 4 different channels.
    Well It is coming out a good month after DT. I have no doubt come fall It will be everywhere. Conversely DT is coming out very soon and the level of promotion has been very small. And it's not an exact science but from personal experience the hype for It is through the roof where for DT it's been almost nonexistent.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Apples and oranges. Nobody but us knows what The Dark Tower is. Pretty much everyone knows It or Pennywise.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Apples and oranges. Nobody but us knows what The Dark Tower is. Pretty much everyone knows It or Pennywise.
    Very true. IT has the benefit of being a remake/reboot while TDT is essentially new to most people. Although there must be a small segment of people that will go see it even if they know very little about it. My daughter's boyfriend happened to be over when one of the trailers came on . He said he was very excited to see it even though he hasn't read all the books yet.

I've seen a ton of movies based on a book series that I knew essentially nothing about before I watched the movies. Hunger Games, Twilight, Maze Runner, LOTR, pretty much the entire Marvel universe...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I never suggested otherwise. But...

1. That might have worked a year ago but we're almost a week away. It's their job to get newcomers hyped and they failed. Game of Thrones was a fairly obscure property (outside of fantasy fans) before the HBO show came along and even before the show came out the hype was through the roof due to all the advance buzz it was getting. No one cared about 'Guardians of the Galaxy' outside of diehard comics fans but as soon as people saw the raccoon with a machine gun people were hooked.

2. I'm not just referring to your average joe. Nearly every place on the internet I've been to outside of here the general reaction from DT and SK fanboys has been generally apathetic.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FWIW, I seem to see DT commercials on TV every day now; some kind of general effort seems to be underway now.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

“Most of the people are excited about seeing a good adaptation. There are naysayers. Those tend to be the people who are fans of the miniseries rather than the fans of the book. People who read the book and got the book, they’re not crazy about the miniseries. It was a very watered-down version. It didn’t contain the darkness that the book had. They couldn’t make something for TV about a clown who eats children.”
    http://www.screengeek.net/2017/07/20...curry-version/

I'm rooting for you Andy but as someone who has read the book over ten times... speak for yourself.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. I liked the book, and I liked the miniseries.

I'm looking forward to this film as well, despite being initially skeptical.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never suggested otherwise. But...

1. That might have worked a year ago but we're almost a week away. It's their job to get newcomers hyped and they failed. Game of Thrones was a fairly obscure property (outside of fantasy fans) before the HBO show came along and even before the show came out the hype was through the roof due to all the advance buzz it was getting. No one cared about 'Guardians of the Galaxy' outside of diehard comics fans but as soon as people saw the raccoon with a machine gun people were hooked.

2. I'm not just referring to your average joe. Nearly every place on the internet I've been to outside of here the general reaction from DT and SK fanboys has been generally apathetic.
    What haunts have you been to? Most newcomers to The Dark Tower are squarely interested or even genuinely impressed. Fans tend to be split between support and disgust.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast