Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.inquisitr.com/4301937/it-...first-glimpse/
    Yesterday, IT director Andres Muschietti unveiled the first look at the soundtrack for the highly anticipated film adaptation of Stephen King’s horror classic coming in September via a short Instagram video. The first glimpse of the IT movie’s soundtrack is exciting in itself given the huge amount of people who can’t wait for the film’s debut, but a closer analysis of the eight-second clip of a live orchestra scoring a song actually reveals a few things about the movie itself.

The clip is accompanied by the caption “RUN HAYSTACK!!!” Those who have read Stephen King’s IT will know that “Haystack” is a nickname the members of the Losers’ Club (the name given to the main septet of protagonists) give to Ben Hanscom, one of the members of said group who struggles with a weight problem. That means that the quick-tempo score being played by the orchestra in the clip is dubbed over a chase of some sort, an idea that coalesces with the quickly panning footage visible in the monitor at the upper-right of the screen for the first second or two of the video.

Several people in the Instagram post’s comments section propose ideas of when the Ben Hanscom chase being scored might take place. Some say it might be the chase with Henry Bowers that ends with Ben meeting several other members of the Losers’ Club in The Barrens. Some theorize it might be after Ben’s encounter with the titular creature in its mummy form. Some say that it may be Ben running from Pennywise the clown.

The final answer, though, comes from Reddit user Bobb_Gray, a member of the dedicated Stephen King subreddit who has established himself as the community’s resident expert on production details for the IT movie. Gray notes that he is a member of a fan group for the movie that also contains several people who went to one of the two public test screenings for IT. Those members tell him that the score comes from a scene where Ben is chased through the Derry Public Library by a headless child who was decapitated by the 1906 explosion of the Kitchener Ironworks. This may explain the text that can be seen on the screen during the video, which looks like it may be part of the word “Easter.” The Kitchener Ironworks accident occurred during an Easter egg hunt.

A common concern among Stephen King fans who hope the movie will increase the author’s public image is that they might see the movie and think it is a ripoff of the recent smash hit Netflix original show Stranger Things. After all, they are both to be set in small town America in the 1980s and both follow a group of children fighting a monster who use their bicycles as their main form of transport. In fact, reports Movie Pilot, IT was the biggest influence behind Stranger Things.

This short clip shows that, in terms of its musical score at least, the IT movie will be able to differentiate itself from StrangerThings. While the score for the Netflix show relied heavily on low-key ’80s synth tunes that sound like they were lifted out of an actual 1980s horror film, the song fans will hear during Ben Hanscom’s chase scene is decidedly more thrilling in the traditional cinematic sense. Those commenting on Muschietti’s Instagram post call it “classical,” “epic,” and “apocalyptic.”

As mentioned above, there is a huge contingent of pop culture beyond excited for the IT movie’s September 8 debut, and the music only amps up that excitement even more. In short, people are unanimous in loving what they hear in the clip.

“This sounds epic! Great job!,” writes Instagram user Stesta621.

“The music sounds great and this alone almost gave me a happiness heart attack and I don’t know how to control myself!” adds Matthew Cody Lang.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

New Line and Warner Bros. fresh adaptation of Stephen King’s It has received an “R”-rating by the MPAA for “violence/horror, bloody images, and for language.”
    Source

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    New Line and Warner Bros. fresh adaptation of Stephen King’s It has received an “R”-rating by the MPAA for “violence/horror, bloody images, and for language.”
    Source
    Perfect. Very glad It didn't go into PG-13 land.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Me too. I was really worried they were going to push for PG13 to get more of an audience. Glad they're going with R. That gives me a lot more hope that it will be a very dark and brutal movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never once thought that it would be less than R. They stated that eons ago... they were going for that in mind.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...ial-sex-scene/
    New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. latest adaptation of Stephen King‘s IT is on the way this fall but it will be boasting a major change.

Earlier this week we told you that the film had received an “R”-rating by the MPAA for “violence/horror, bloody images, and for language.” Notice there’s no mention of sexual situations. This is important for one reason, and it goes back to King’s original source material.

“In King’s novel, The Losers Club find themselves arguing in the sewers below Derry after the defeat of Pennywise,” MovieWeb notes. “While the pre-teens are lost, the character Beverly suggests that they all have sex, losing their virginity together. The scene goes on for pages while King describes what’s going on in rather graphic detail. But it’s not as sinister and weird as one may think as King tells the story in a loving way, not in a malicious or disgusting manner. King uses the act as a way to bridge the two time periods together that readers jump back in forth between.”

King has spoken about the subject before:

“I wasn’t really thinking of the sexual aspect of it. The book dealt with childhood and adulthood, 1958 and Grown Ups. The grown ups don’t remember their childhood. None of us remember what we did as children, we think we do, but we don’t remember it as it really happened.”

King went on to explain that the act was meant to connect childhood to adulthood:

“Intuitively, the Losers knew they had to be together again. The sexual act connected childhood and adulthood. It’s another version of the glass tunnel that connects the children’s library and the adult library. Times have changed since I wrote that scene and there is now more sensitivity to those issues.”

Digressing, the Andrés Muschietti-directed IT hits theaters on September 8, 2017, and if the aforementioned MPAA rating is any indication of what to expect, we will not be seeing the controversial sex scene in this film. What’s interesting, however, is that Cary Fukunaga’s original script, which Muschietti was working off of, was even worse.

ScreenGeek did some digging and shares the shocking scenes removed from Fukunaga’s adaptation when Muschietti eventually took over directing duties, including a scene in which eleven-year-old Beverly Marsh is raped by her father.

Parents on a casting forum for child actors voiced their displeasure for the film’s script. One parent stated:

“I don’t remember it being anything more than suggested in the original either. But it goes farther than that in this script. Much farther in a couple scenes, the father kissing her bare stomach, hands up her skirt to slip off panties, in addition she describes being gang raped to another character. Add it all up and it’s just to much for us. We were so excited when we got it, but there was a pretty heafty email from agent to read script and approve before agreeing due to content.”

Another parent said:

“This is just gross. And I’m not talking about the content… I’m talking about directors/producers who want to hire underage actresses to make out with creepy old men.”

As the site also notes, there was also reportedly one scene in the original script in which the bully character Henry Bowers raped a Hanlon sheep and masturbated onto a birthday cake.

Another scene that was taken out of the early draft featured Stan Uris, one of the child protagonists, using a woman’s restroom at his Jewish temple and encountering a rotting naked woman. The woman tries to tempt Stan, going as far as touching herself in front of him.

The site alleges that the studio wanted Fukunaga to edit these scenes out, and he refused, which could have led to some of the creative differences that caused his exit.

Without the sex scene it will be interesting (not really) to see how Muschietti bridges his two films that connect the children’s battle with Pennywise to them having to reunite as adults in the sequel.

Those of you who have ready King’s story, what do you think about all of this?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Calling BS. The original script which is online didn't have the 'orgy' or anything with fucking a sheep or a cake. I imagine if it did it would have been more widely reported than a twitter comment.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Calling BS. The original script which is online didn't have the 'orgy' or anything with fucking a sheep or a cake. I imagine if it did it would have been more widely reported than a twitter comment.
    The script online is an early draft. Later ones started to have weirder stuff, like this scene between Al Marsh and Pennywise:

The sheep and cake stuff was allegedly in a late Fukunaga draft, which hasn't made it online, but the information was dropped by someone very high up in the production. It's been talked about a lot within It movie circles for the past year. It will be interesting if it does eventually leak.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm aware of that page (Alvin molesting Bev and actually being in league with Pennywise is one of the worst and most baffling ideas I've read) but stuff about fucking cake and sheep are mainly sourced from a Reddit thread.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

A new look at Pennywise from a different angle:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great info and images. Thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Those who’ve read the 1986 novel remember the disturbing prologue, teased on the book’s cover, in which Bill’s little brother Georgie is chasing a paper boat down a storm-swollen street when he is murdered in his yellow rain slicker by the creature calling itself Pennywise the Clown. In the book, poor Georgie is found with his arm missing,” the site notes. “In the new film, he’s not found at all. That means his brother is leading his fellow “Losers” not just on a mission of revenge against the shapeshifting evil that lives beneath their town. He’s on a quest to find his little brother – alive or dead – which means venturing into the subterranean lair of the nameless creature they call It.”

My Collection

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who’ve read the 1986 novel remember the disturbing prologue, teased on the book’s cover, in which Bill’s little brother Georgie is chasing a paper boat down a storm-swollen street when he is murdered in his yellow rain slicker by the creature calling itself Pennywise the Clown. In the book, poor Georgie is found with his arm missing,” the site notes. “In the new film, he’s not found at all. That means his brother is leading his fellow “Losers” not just on a mission of revenge against the shapeshifting evil that lives beneath their town. He’s on a quest to find his little brother – alive or dead – which means venturing into the subterranean lair of the nameless creature they call It.”
    Sounds awesome.

I wonder if he'll find little Georgie alive...? OMG! The suspense!

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly a change like this bothers me more than anything in the original miniseries. With that I feel like they were as faithful to the original novel as possible within the confines of the running time and what can be done within the limits of an ABC miniseries. I don't expect to see, for example, Henry Bowers carving his name onto Ben's stomach. I can understand why a leper offering Eddie a blowjob was cut out. And cutting out Bev's husband returning was a reasonable distillation of the plot. The cosmic stuff, even now, would be probably be impossible to film in a coherent fashion. etc.

But stuff like this... why? The original novel was perfect, you're not going to improve on it.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This seems like an AWESOME experience for those attending SDCC:

http://sdccblog.com/2017/07/warner-b...eague-it-more/

Those who are brave enough can hop on the creepiest school bus in town: an IT-inspired virtual reality installation that will have them skipping school for the foreseeable future. The bus and FLOAT: A Cinematic VR Experience will be located at the Interactive Zone across from Petco Park, and you don’t require a badge to attend.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Andy Muschietti Talks Holding Nothing Back for “R”-rated ‘IT’

The 1990 mini-series wasn’t allowed to go to the darkest places.

But don’t worry, this year’s adaptation will.

Speaking with French magazine Mad Movies as part of an exclusive feature in the most recent issue, just released this week, IT director Andy Muschietti (Mama) promised that he held nothing back when it came to bringing Stephen King’s nightmarish story back to the screen. The article reveals that the incestuous relationship between Beverly and her father will be included in the movie, as will many of the novel’s darkest elements.

“This is an R rated movie. I’m very happy about that, because it allows us to go into very adult themes,” said Muschietti. “Each ‘loser’ knows a situation of despair, on top of the terror of It and the fear of heights. Beverly’s case is of course the worst, because it’s about sexual abuse on a minor. But each kid is neglected one way or the other. Bill is like a ghost in his own home: nobody sees him because his parents can’t get over Georgie’s death. Of course, Ben is bullied at school. We don’t know much about Richie’s personality, because he’s the big mouth of the group. But we suppose he’s also neglected at home, and he’s the clown of the band because he needs attention. Long story short, there’s all sorts of difficult situations, and we had the chance to tell them in a movie that faces directly those conflicts. In particular, the families of the young actors were very open-minded, so we could tell the about subjects that are normally very touchy.”

He continued, “From our very first discussion with the people from New Line, it was understood that the movie was gonna be rated R. Of course it was already crazy that they started a story revolving around the death of children. But if you aimed for a PG-13 movie, you had nothing at the end. So we were very lucky that the producers didn’t try to stop us. In fact it’s more our own moral compass that sometimes showed us that some things lead us in places where we didn’t want to go.”

Sister Barbara Muschietti, producer of IT, added, “To tell everything, you won’t find the scene where a kid has his back broken and is thrown in the toilets. We thought that the visual translation of that scene had something that was really too much. But for the rest, we removed nothing from our original vision, and we didn’t water down the violence of any event. We believe the fans will be thankful to us for keeping that aspect of the novel in the movie. Well, for now, none of the people who saw the screenings left the theater! I got to say we escape a lot of objections thanks to the context of the story, since it’s the kids’ fear that feed the monster.”

Country
    Country Flag

Really not crazy about making Beverly sexual abused. I think it's more effective to play on the idea that her father may have had the thoughts but didn't explicitly act on them.

My Collection

He was about to explicitly act on them towards the end. Maybe it will play out the same way in the film & they're just pointing out they're not shying away from using the darker, traumatic character studies from the book.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Honestly a change like this bothers me more than anything in the original miniseries...The original novel was perfect, you're not going to improve on it.
    Uh oh...if you haven't yet heard/seen what they did with The Dark Tower, just...back away slowly.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

lol I'm well aware of what's going on there. The difference is my expectations for that were low from the very beginning ever since King had the bright idea to say no to Darabont. IT on the other hand looked like a genuinely good and faithful adaptation so I'll be disappointed if they end up making unnecessary changes like this

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

https://boomhowdy.com/sdcc2017/sdcc-...ame-hide-seek/
    For those of you that attended San Diego Comic-Con last year you may remember our STRANGER THINGS Scavenger Hunt to #FindWill.

Now it looks like another group of kids have gone missing in Warner Brothers new film IT. In Derry, Maine, seven friends come face-to-face with a shape shifter, who takes the form of an evil clown named Pennywise who targets children. It looks like he left Maine and is lurking around Comic-Con. That is why we are hosting a massive man hunt and a huge game of hide and seek to help us find Pennywise before he finds the kids.

All week during SDCC (Thursday – Saturday) we will be posting clues on Twitter and around Comic-Con as to the whereabouts of Pennywise. Follow @BoomHowdy and @DownrightCreepy on Twitter and search for #SDCCWeFloat to get clues and updates on the man hunt. If we see Pennywise we will let you know where his location is and you must get there as fast as you can to catch him and save Georgie from getting snatched up. If you do so you might be rewarded by the Deery Police Department with a sweet prize that is fitting of 1989 when the film takes place.

How to Join the Hunt

Step 1:

Want to join the hunt at SDCC? Follow @BoomHowdy and @DownrightCreepy on Twitter for clues and updates on the hunt. Search #SDCCWeFloat to work with each other to find Pennywise. To hear more clues about the whereabouts of the Derry children follow @DerryPoliceDept.

Step 2:

It is up to you to find Georgie before Pennywise does. Look for Georgie in his yellow raincoat and red balloons around the convention center, off-site events and the Gaslamp district.

You will get clues via Twitter including a Google Maps link where Pennywise is located. That link will expire 15 minutes after it has been posted. If you don’t find Pennywise before then he will move to the next location and Georgie may be in danger!

Step 3:

If you successfully find Pennywise or Georgie you will be reward with a cool piece of retro swag. If you are one of the lucky few tweet @BoomHowdy and @DownrightCreepy with a photo of your reward. Tag it #SDCCWeFloat

See you soon kiddos!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast