Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I hope so! I'm not shocked by the lack of enthusiasm for this movie. A really good scary horror movie is hard to come by these days. I just hope it can somehow live up to the greatness of the book.
    Pennywise looks wicked in the trailers. It looks like it has to be good.

As for the Dark Tower movie, I am surprised that there hasn't been more advertisement for it. The only people I know are excited for that one are the hard core DT fans. Curious how it'll do at the theaters.
    I'm looking forward to it, but as more time drags on with more talk and no trailers, I'm (sadly) starting to feel pretty "meh" about it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, the trailer looked pretty freaking good and I foresee great box office this fall. Not the thread for this, but I was encouraged by the trailer for "The Mist" TV series as well. They could really do a lot with that over time. I especially liked what looked like an exploration of events at the Military base.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT could be the one of the greatest movies of all time, but releasing the movie in September is box office death, as it's traditionally the quietest month all year for cinema attendance.

A September release, was the sole reason why The Shawshank Redemption tanked at the cinema.

The movie studio should hold back and wait to release IT during Halloween instead.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

September horror releases fair pretty decently. Horrors are the rare genre which can break out in any month. August/Jan/Feb have been traditionally successful months to launch horror films despite being general dead zones overall. I really don't think a film like IT needs a Halloween bump. 20% of the top 20 grossing September releases are horrors/thrillers. Halloween timed releases don't do the business they once did. They've become more profitable in August and September.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Times are changing anyway. January/February used to be the worst months to release a film, and just look what R-rated/horror films like Deadpool, Split, John Wick and Get Out did to that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    IT could be the one of the greatest movies of all time, but releasing the movie in September is box office death, as it's traditionally the quietest month all year for cinema attendance.

A September release, was the sole reason why The Shawshank Redemption tanked at the cinema.

The movie studio should hold back and wait to release IT during Halloween instead.

Might be that they are releasing in, September so that if it shows good numbers Part II would have a "Halloween" release? Arguably, Part II should be the scariest. no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Might be that they are releasing in, September so that if it shows good numbers Part II would have a "Halloween" release? Arguably, Part II should be the scariest. no?
    I think Part 1 will be scarier. Just something about scaring/killing kids that I find scarier to watch etc. While they are adults, it won't be as intense IMO. But thats just me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I think Part 1 will be scarier. Just something about scaring/killing kids that I find scarier to watch etc. While they are adults, it won't be as intense IMO. But thats just me.

Good point. 50-50 I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I remember, Pennywise is way more mean sprited/threatening to them as adults.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    From what I remember, Pennywise is way more mean sprited/threatening to them as adults.
    I really hope they step it up for the adults...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Hope this movie is more then just horror. Hope it has a lot of feels as well as scares. The Losers Club are a great Ka-Tet. Hope the movie does them justice.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

What makes the adult stuff scary is that they've repressed all the memories of the trauma they suffered, and in many ways they regress back into children, but not fully, so the fear they feel is more grown up and understanding of what they're facing, but that makes it all the more horrible. The biggest problem with the miniseries was the actors just couldn't pull such performances off. It's easier for children to act like children than for adults to act like scared children.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Part of what makes me excited is that this is the first time since 'The Mist' that SK is getting a big theatrical film. It seems everything prior was either TV or films with a very limited release/straight to VOD. Seeing everyone talk about an SK film again is very neat.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Part of what makes me excited is that this is the first time since 'The Mist' that SK is getting a big theatrical film. It seems everything prior was either TV or films with a very limited release/straight to VOD. Seeing everyone talk about an SK film again is very neat.
    Carrie remake did good at the box office, but that was still 4 years ago. This might be closer to when everyone knew The Green Mile was coming, and that was 1999. Either way, people are talking.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol I forgot all about Carrie. Doh.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That was awesome. I never saw the movie, it looks too stupid, even for a kids movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

I'm not sure of the time frame but you may forget "The Stand."

It was not the best produced or acted but..i.t did my heart good...not like Tommykockers. LOL
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand was a TV miniseries.

Country
    Country Flag

It also predates 'The Mist' by over a decade.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another free advance screening in California !
    >>> http://www.inquisitr.com/4185344/ste...eening-in-may/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...his-sunday-126
    Anyhow, I'm breaking the "IT radio silence" here for the share of some (potentially) awesome news. Turns out MTV's SCREAM-rebooting ass is going to show an exclusive new look at the upcoming adaptation of Stephen King's masterpiece!

The exclusive new look will take place during the MTV Movie & TV Awards this Sunday. Good news, more IT sh*t. Bad news, gotta watch MTV to see it. It's a coin toss, really...

But, whatever, you can always rush on over here to AITH that night and check out the scene, or clip, or whatever it is they will be showing, because I will be posting whatever it is they show between Kayne crying, and Miley Cyrus licking stuff, asap.

So remember to check back Sunday night and/or Monday morning for the MTV IT thing. Whatever it is. I know I'm excited!

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

The new sneak peek is here:

There's a lot to say, but most of all... Richie's perfect

Country
    Country Flag

FUCK YES.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast