Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

they need to focus mor on Chud, than on the silver.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrismart83 View Post
    IT is my favourite King book so id love to see another version of it.
    As others have mentioned i really enjoyed the first part of IT , with the children.
    Dont think any actor would better Tm Curry's Pennywise though.
    agreed, Tim Curry was perfect in that role

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    As others have mentioned i really enjoyed the first part of IT , with the children.
    Oh absolutely! When I say the adults were inappropriately cast, I mean the Losers Club as adults. Tim Curry, as always, was fabulous!
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

but they better make his trick better too. maybe make them more like the book occurences.
    and the first movie didn't really focuse on the closeness of the kids and how it was their will and *shudders* friendship helped to defeat it, as well as their belief that such things as silver bullets (or slugs) would work on the monster.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh absolutely! When I say the adults were inappropriately cast, I mean the Losers Club as adults. Tim Curry, as always, was fabulous!
    John Ritter was pretty good, I thought.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'd love to see a remake. Three things that better be left in:

1.) The entirety of the climax: the storm that hit Derry when the Losers' Club vanquished It and the presence of the Turtle from when the Losers were kids are especially important.

2.) The twisted story of Patrick Hockstetter(sp?) and the entirety of the part when Henry deep-sixed his father. Both were the most horrifying parts of the novel for me.

3.) Deadlights and once more for emphasis...the TURTLE!

Leave them out and I'll just stick with the old one, say thankya. Curry and Green did great with their parts. Green especially.

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by razz2008 View Post
    how do you define right? some guy like speilburg or *shudders* shamylan?
    if it's him, it'll have more twists than a stoner buildin' a roller coaster.
    By "done right", I mean more than a vague resembelence to the book, and well acted. So many of the Loser's Club members's encounters with It in the movie were rediculous. Ben, for example. Some guy in an Air Force uniform calls out to him, and he instantly assumes it's his dead father? Wtf? And most of the others weren't any better. I think Beverly was the only one that was remotely close to being right.

true, true...

Along the Path of the Beam Matticus-Finch is on a distinguished road Matticus-Finch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Heather19. Make it well and THOROUGHLY and split that mother into 10 hour long episodes.

It's the best book I've ever read. Please don't subject me to a horrible piece of mediocre film making...

And no Johnathan Brandis....makes me sad.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by razz2008 View Post
    since they're remaking It, maybe Seth Green can play the ADULT Richie this time.
    I'll buy that bit of casting.

<3 Seth Green
    I'd have to watch it in that case. I had the BIGGEST crush on Seth Green as Richie when I was a kid. (Yeah, I had a crush on the geeky red-head...).

I would be interested to see a remake, but I do agree that it will probably be disappointing. The only Sci-Fi channel stuff I tend to like is the stuff they buy from other networks and re-air. Although I did like their version of Dune better than the original.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Gunslinger Apprentice dori is on a distinguished road dori's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the kids were the best part in the original and the only reason the film was worth watching. Maybe now the actors are all grown up they could now play the adult losers club, apart from stuttering Bill of course they would have to find a good replacment for jonathan brandis he was brilliant. I cried when i heard he had died i had a massive crush on him. Of course tim curry is till around for pennywise.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what I think of Sci-Fi doing this, especially after having watched their movies such as "Frankenfish."
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

scifi has made some good movies. i really liked rock monster. but then some of them are just cliches

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sci-fi Channel???? need i remind anyone of the atrocity that was The Langoliers???

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Is there actually any confimation to this being remade, and that scifi is behind it, because I haven't been able to find anything.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

i know this won't happen (it's a scifi film remember?) but now that he's grown up, Seth green should play the adult Richie. also they seem to be remaking Children of the Korn.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    also they seem to be remaking Children of the Korn.

Now, THAT is scary!!!!

Traveler Ben is on a distinguished road

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

It doesn't sound particularly promising to me.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't thrill me either. Sounds like something I'd wait to watch until it shows up somewhere on cable.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From Dread Central via Hollywood Reporter and Variety.

Warner Bros. isn't clowning around on the remake front as it is sending everyone's favorite clown Pennywise back into the spotlight for a theatrical redux of Stephen King's novel IT to be produced by Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter Dave Kajganich (The Invasion) has been brought on to pen the script, "which follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle."

In a twist (because oh, how Hollywood loves a twist) even though the book and the TV mini-series were set in 1958 and 1985, this feature version will take place predominantly in the present day. Hell, who needs backstory and character development? Am I right? At the very least maybe Dave will be able to fix that really dumb ending. A giant spider? Really?

Kajganich will also be writing both the Pet Semetary and Escape From New York remakes. Keep it here for more.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why so glum? It can't be worse than the 1990 miniseries. Even though I only saw the beginning of that, I turned it off in disgust even without having read the book. It was so bad, in so many ways.

More regurgitated news: http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/...phen-kings-it/

You're right Pablo it can't be worse than the miniseries. Still, "not worse than the miniseries" is not quite something to look forward to. It's like saying getting shot by a firing squad is not as bad as being tortured to death. Either way, the end result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    From Dread Central via Hollywood Reporter and Variety.

Warner Bros. isn't clowning around on the remake front as it is sending everyone's favorite clown Pennywise back into the spotlight for a theatrical redux of Stephen King's novel IT to be produced by Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter Dave Kajganich (The Invasion) has been brought on to pen the script, "which follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle."

In a twist (because oh, how Hollywood loves a twist) even though the book and the TV mini-series were set in 1958 and 1985, this feature version will take place predominantly in the present day. Hell, who needs backstory and character development? Am I right? At the very least maybe Dave will be able to fix that really dumb ending. A giant spider? Really?

Kajganich will also be writing both the Pet Semetary and Escape From New York remakes. Keep it here for more.
    Yeah, only suckers want the ending King wrote.

I also see from that last line there will be a Pet Sematary remake. Must everything be remade? Why is it the leading trend in Hollywood to make "cover movies?" I always wanted to be a director. I suppose I should just start working on remaking existing movies. Originality is no longer needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast