Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Here are a lot more photos, and a filmclip.

Lilja
    Does that help?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Feel bad those kids had to experience Oshawa. They are probably leaving with substance abuse issues.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd really like to own one those Loser's Club hoodies that I've seen some of the production team wearing.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the miniseries and for me Tim Curry will never be topped. With that being said I am VERY excited for this film. More so than the DT one and I believe, if all stays on schedule, we'll be seeing it about a year from now!
    From what they have shown this looks to stick much more to the novel and Pennywise looks appropriately creepy. They have to change him up because there are going to be the inevitable comparisons to Curry's performance, outfit, lines, etc. I like the look of the outfit. It comes across as very vintage and Pennywise has been around many years so it seems fitting.
    My half cent on the subject!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of people LOVE Curry... he was good... BUT I think I wanna reserve judgement until I see it. I think the new look is FAR better than Curry's though.. so in that regard, I am leaning towards the new fellow
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    A lot of people LOVE Curry... good...
    I love curry!

As for Tim...

He looks like he wants to eat my curry!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Still, his most iconic role was Rocky Horror. He was superb in that. Will have to rewatch it some time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Still, his most iconic role was Rocky Horror. He was superb in that. Will have to rewatch it some time.
    I remember doing the Time Warp.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Oh man, does this bring back memories. As I was watching it, a memory came flooding back that I had not thought of in a very long time. We had just graduated high school, and a bunch of us went to a party and stayed up all night. We ended up at this one girl's house who I had a smallish crush on, and we were on the sofa when someone put on Rocky Horror. I remember sitting there watching this opening sequence, spacing out from being so tired... I'm gonna look her up on FB now. I remember her name. Dems were de days... Thanks for the walk down memory lane Brian...

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Oh man, does this bring back memories. As I was watching it, a memory came flooding back that I had not thought of in a very long time. We had just graduated high school, and a bunch of us went to a party and stayed up all night. We ended up at this one girl's house who I had a smallish crush on, and we were on the sofa when someone put on Rocky Horror. I remember sitting there watching this opening sequence, spacing out from being so tired... I'm gonna look her up on FB now. I remember her name. Dems were de days... Thanks for the walk down memory lane Brian...
    I worked at a movie theater for several years. We played Rocky Horror as a midnight show every weekend for much of that time.

There was a historic theater in the next town that played it too. The manager was a friend. He would close off the balcony and we'd basically have a private party up there. Here's a couple of pics of the theater:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, nice. Looks perfect for that movie.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.durhamregion.com/whatson-...rap-in-oshawa/
    Wasn’t It a party?

Shooting a re-make of the Stephen King horror novel in Oshawa caused quite a buzz in the city, with throngs of people coming to have a look, creating an unexpected atmosphere for the crew, says location manager Randy Morgan.

“I figured it would be something that would interest people but I didn’t think it would become the tourist attraction it did,” he said.

“It just kind of turned into this festival atmosphere.”

Morgan says two weeks into building the haunted house at James Street and Eulalie Avenue, he received a call from security: “There’s 500 people here.”

Extra security had to be brought in to deal with the onlookers who wanted to see a film production. One of them was neighbour Wanda Lafee.

“I think it’s been absolutely fantastic,” she said as shooting was underway.

“I read the book years and years ago. It is something to see them do the re-make.”

Lafee said at the time that while it was “busy” in the area, “for the most part people have been respectful.”

She had a personal connection to the shoot: Lafee once lived in one of two boarded up houses on James Street used for the film. And she’s a former Port Hope resident, where shooting also took place.

Morgan said locations all over Southern Ontario were scoped before Oshawa was chosen.

“We were looking for a residential neighbourhood that started to drift into industrial -- and a vacant lot where we could build a house,” he said.

Shooting took place for “three full days,” Aug. 17 to 19.

Morgan said there were so many people checking it out, kids set up a lemonade stand. Others were walking around with It balloons (the name written with a Sharpee).

He said he was “very pleased” so many were interested in the project.

King’s 1986 novel is about seven kids who are tormented by a being which manifests as a clown.

In addition to the haunted house location, shooting took place on Court and Fisher streets in Oshawa.

Look for the Warner Bros. film in September 2017.

Along the Path of the Beam marc is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of weeks ago the Youtube channel The Amazing Atheist commented on the look of the new Pennywise. His comments led to a (bit silly) response by Nicholas Hamilton, who plays Henry Bowers. Now, The Amazing Atheist responds to Nicholas: http://youtu.be/DDKFxecgHMw

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    A couple of weeks ago the Youtube channel The Amazing Atheist commented on the look of the new Pennywise. His comments led to a (bit silly) response by Nicholas Hamilton, who plays Henry Bowers. Now, The Amazing Atheist responds to Nicholas: http://youtu.be/DDKFxecgHMw
    "I don't think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree with some stuff he says. I've been worried about the director too and wish that Cary was still attached. I really don't understand Hollywood sometimes. He's probably one of the best up and coming directors so it's crazy that they got rid of him. But that aside I'm trying to stay optimistic. I just really hope it's not all jump scares and is genuinely creepy like the book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Of course it wasn't smart of Nic Hamilton to reply, but that guy is very misinformed.

The studio didn't kick Fukunaga out. He chose to leave, because he wanted the film to be NC-17. He wanted to include a couple of sexual scenes. Not the ones from the book, but a few he came up with himself. The studio said no, and he didn't want to make the movie without them, feeling they were essential to the 'offensive' spirit of the book.

They are still using the Fukunaga script. The mentioned Chase Palmer was Fukunaga's writing partner on the project. Muschietti adjusted it a bit to his vision, and Dauberman only rewrote about 10%, some minor adjustments.

If you appreciate Fukunaga because you're a film fan, you might be familiar with the work of Chung-Hoon Chung. He's the director of photographer on It, so it's at least going to look very unsettling and very beautiful.

Muschietti's film Mama was alright. I like the atmosphere of it, the story, the characters. Script has some problems, obviously due to stretching a 3 minute short to a full length movie. With the tweaked Fukunaga/Palmer script It should be able to achieve greatness. Here are some comments from him, answering the worries of the studio going for a conventional jumpscare movie:

The movie I pitched the studio is an elevated horror film that stays true to the essence of Stephen King's book, yet bringing a few new elements to the story. I will direct a movie that is based on the Palmer-Fukunaga script with the addition of some ideas that reflect my vision of the movie. I cannot talk about the reasons why the studio and Cary parted ways but I can tell you, the depth and quality remains uncompromised. Trust me when I tell you, I wouldnt have stayed 10 minutes in this project if I thought that i would be held back from doing an elevated, original and truly horrifying movie. I'm a huge fan of Stephen King and this book and if I sensed that they wanted to mess with IT to favor a conventional horror spectacle I would have walked away. There is more to it than what you read in the press, and, for good or bad, a lot of nuances and details never go public. For now, I can tell you, bear with me, you're not going to be disappointed, It's going to be *beep* awesome.
    It is very hard to talk about someone else's vision of a movie. The way Cary intended to execute the script is something that only he can talk about. I can say my version of IT highly emphasizes Pennywise's most terrifying virtue which is it's ability to materialize into your worst fear; I want to take people in a journey into Pennywise's world through a disturbing, surrealistic and intoxicating experience that will leave nobody at ease.
    I empathize with your concerns and in fact I feel the same way. Rest assured our film will be very focused on the human drama. For me it would be unconceivable to tell a horror story that lacks a powerful emotional core. Every single one of the losers has a special place in my heart and I want to honor this by exploring their minds and hearts in depth, further than anyone ever did before. I think you won't be disappointed. Cheers!
    I love IT as much as you and I feel very honored by being given the chance to adapt it the way it should. Do not be afraid. Nobody here wants to make an easy horror movie, I wouldn't have stayed a minute if that was the deal. I'm here because I want to make a version that will blow people's minds. Believe in it the way I do, you won't be sorry! Cheers.
    Now we patiently wait for the movie so we can see how it turned out

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for this movie to come out!!! And now I need to watch rocky horror... times a good!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT was released 30 YEARS AGO now !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Looks pretty fake.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Looks pretty fake.
    I believe it's based on a work of fiction.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think he meant it looks like a fake poster and I agree. Photoshopped together fan art using the EW imagery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast