Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    A good comparison would be Game of Thrones. The first season was a very solid take on the first book and it was 10 hours long. Lord of the Rings (the first movie) was around 3 hours or so and had to cut quite a bit out. A book the size of IT really needs around 7 or more hours to do well keeping in mind some stuff will need to be removed. At a total of 4 hours I don't think it's possible to really do the book justice but it still might be entertaining.
    Yet fellowship was the best of the movies.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm getting really excited about it. I have to keep trying to hype it down a bit to myself because I know it can't live up to my full expectations. I think I'm going to reread the book soon. It's been a long time.

Thanks for posting the pics Matt!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    They can cut out A LOT of IT and not sacrifice the key story.
    They can cut out a lot of IT or they can cut out a lot of "IT"? It's all so confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yet fellowship was the best of the movies.
    Return of the King was solid too but I think I agree with you.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1543...wanted-to-make

The hit Netflix series Stranger Things has seen numerous comparisons to the work of Stephen King. It's clear that The Duffer Brothers hold the author in high regard. However, it turns out they love one of his books so much they tried to direct the movie version. While there are several Stephen King properties currently being adapted for film, The Duffer Brothers actually tried to get handed the reins of one of them. They asked to direct It.

Stranger Things is a love letter to the 1980s, Stephen King, and John Carpenter. There's really no other way to look at it. It's clear that things like the work of Stephen King are truly loved by Matt and Ross Duffer, the creative minds behind the Netflix series. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the pair were asked if they would have liked to have actually directed one of the upcoming King adaptations, such as It. It turns out, that they really do want to. In fact, they wanted to so much, they already tried.

Ross: Absolutely, because we asked to do it.

Matt: We asked, and that's why we ended up doing this, because we'd asked Warner Bros. I was like, "Please," and they were like, "No." This was before Cary Fukunaga. This was a long time ago.

While Matt and Ross Duffer have become overnight sensations thanks to Stranger Things, they were hardly household names a couple of years ago. However, when their horror film Hidden was picked up by Warner Bros. the two apparently used that opportunity to lobby for themselves to take on It. One assumes the fact that they were unknowns were the major thing that was held against them. It was clearly a long time ago, as they say, this was before True Detectives director Cary Fukunaga was attached, and it's been a year since Fukunaga left the project.

Ultimately, the pair seems happy that they decided to go after their own project, rather than directing It. Both brothers say It was the Stephen King novel that had the most impact on them, and that they're not sure they'd really want to take on the responsibility of doing it, as they would hate to screw it up. If they screw up Stranger Things, it's their own work, so they're not disappointing anybody else.

Of course, now we can't help but wonder what might have been. The It movie has had trouble keeping a director. It's never seemed to have been sure whether it was going to be one movie, or two. Maybe people who are a bit more invested in the material is what this project needs.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at 29 Neibolt St. today. Filming doesn't start until Tuesday. I'll post more pictures then as I'll be hanging out there most of the day.

And the one I got in a little (just a smidgen) of trouble for going over the boundaries to take head on.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It's looking good.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool pics! If I could I'd take a flight to Canada just to see the filming
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm not sure the "wink-wink nostalgic nod" quality is such a good ingredient for It, despite how well it worked for ST (which was great). It's "kid" segment is set in the 80s, but that isn't the same as the movie feeling like it was made in the 80s or being an homage to works of that time period. Part of ST's charm was that it evoked things other than itself, but I consider It to be its own thing, which shouldn't need to reference something else.

The other negative is that to compare your current project to the new media darling feels a bit desperate, a bit "look at me!"

Of course, the whole thing could work brilliantly and maybe the ST comparison is apt; I'll be happy to eat these words - but this bit of info just didn't hit me in a good way.

[back to the dungeon with me then]
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think 69 Neibolt Street looks very 'Tim Burton' in style....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm not sure the "wink-wink nostalgic nod" quality is such a good ingredient for It, despite how well it worked for ST (which was great). It's "kid" segment is set in the 80s, but that isn't the same as the movie feeling like it was made in the 80s or being an homage to works of that time period. Part of ST's charm was that it evoked things other than itself, but I consider It to be its own thing, which shouldn't need to reference something else.

The other negative is that to compare your current project to the new media darling feels a bit desperate, a bit "look at me!"

Of course, the whole thing could work brilliantly and maybe the ST comparison is apt; I'll be happy to eat these words - but this bit of info just didn't hit me in a good way.

[back to the dungeon with me then]
    Maybe I should have clarified what I was pumped about. haha It really wasn't that part but the talk of the Pennywise audition. The way they talked about how they knew they had thier man right away... spoke volumes to me. They bring up Ledger... which was the best clown I have ever seen on TV... it got me a little amped up!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's cool, and I don't mean to suggest that you (or anyone) shouldn't get excited about any of this. I am optimistic about it.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

The comparison was inevitible anyway, with Stranger Things so obviously borrowing a lot from It. About two years ago the movie was already described as The Goonies meets hardcore horror.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently the STRANGER THINGS directors wanted to direct IT a few years back, and they got declined.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not an expert on Cadillac's, but the one in the picture is either a 1967. or 1968 Eldorado.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't care what year, I want it...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Don't care what year, I want it...
    25K and a green one could be yours. Looks to be in much better shape than the one pictured above.
    https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...virginia-20166

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm undecided if I'm going to try to get any pictures for filming. I was talking someone who lives two doors down from the house (their windows are going to be all boarded up during filming and junked cars on the lawn etc) and they said there are going to be assloads of police and security around it, no doubt blockng off the only couple ways to see the shooting. Evidently they don't want images of the leper and the werewolf to get out.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I swung by the set again today and I have a more updated picture on my brothers phone (I left mine in the car since I'd seen it twice already), with the front lawn all decked out in bright, yellow daisies which just makes the house seem far darker than it already does.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah it's set In 80s..that explains all those 70's era cars that confused me. Was wondering if they were updating the timeline.

Country
    Country Flag

It's set in 1989 to be exact.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It's set in 1989 to be exact.
    That's why a dilapidated 1967 car works well.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

As well as the Batman & Lethal Weapon 2 posters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast