Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I saw Jaeden Lieberher in The Confirmation with Clive Owen yesterday. He's good. Really good.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Anyone else incredulous that two of the biggest King adaptations are being filmed simultaneously and will be released months apart?
    No. I believe they are happening. I'm convinced.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I saw Jaeden Lieberher in The Confirmation with Clive Owen yesterday. He's good. Really good.
    He was also in Midnight Special. Yup, he's really good!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First look at Pennywise... thoughts? I kind of like it....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks pretty sinister vs. a silly looking deadly clown. I like it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it a lot!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And since we live in the age we do, I can't wait for the first pics of Skarsgard done up like this, but reclining in a "talent" chair, smoking a butt between takes. Or maybe a short video in which he's seen saying: "We all float down here...no...we all float down here...hmm...we all float down here...hmm...where's that paperback? Ooh - time for lunch."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks pretty good although one of the reasons why I liked Tim Curry's take was that for most of the time he wasn't outwardly sinister in appearance.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Glam Princess is on a distinguished road Glam Princess's Avatar

Clowns are SUUUPER scary. In any form. Just looking at the pics makes me scared. I am excited and nervous about this movie!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Looks pretty good although one of the reasons why I liked Tim Curry's take was that for most of the time he wasn't outwardly sinister in appearance.
    Realizing I'm in the rare minority but I just didn't care for Tim Curry's Pennywise. Been a million years since I've read the book so I can't recall how King described IT in this form.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always thought that clowns were meant to try and look like a nice friendly kind of guy but still scares the living shit out of you!! I loved Curry's pennywise, and maybe this time round they just missed the reason why SK used a clown in the first place... still can't wait though.

Country
    Country Flag

Like priests; I've always pretty much associated clowns with pedophiles.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just had a thought.... in 11/22/63 your man Jake met Bill and Beverly, do you think they could incorporate that into this movie and then we could wait for the proper film of 11/22/63 and not Hulu!?!?

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Just had a thought.... in 11/22/63 your man Jake met Bill and Beverly, do you think they could incorporate that into this movie and then we could wait for the proper film of 11/22/63 and not Hulu!?!?
    No way...

In 11/22/63 Jake met Beverly and Ritchie (i think) in what? 1959?
    In new version of "It" kids part takes place in 1989

So it is not possible...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I don't think Pennywise was supposed to be a sinister looking clown. It's trying to catch kids, not scary them off. Tim Curry's look was pretty friendly.

Side note:
    I hear all the time that people are afraid of clowns, but I don't really get that. Are they afraid of a friendly mom or dad who is blowing up balloons at a birthday party? That's the only type of clown I've ever run into. Ronald McDonald raises money for kids. The Cirque Du Soleil clowns are entertaining.
    It makes no since to me. It's like saying you're afraid of race car drivers.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Skarsgard's Pennywise's facial expression in that particular photo shouldn't mean much; it's one photo of one expression (I'm sure he's capable of smiling). Curry's Pennywise would smile playfully, have a blank look, have a mean look, or open a mouth full of big sharp nasty teeth - all part of the child consumption process.

Clowns may be scary because the makeup hides the true face; it's basically a mask. Humans interact with other humans virtually all day long, and we get by through the ability to read each other's faces moment to moment - but we can't do that with clowns (or masked people; horror is full of them); a face we can't see is like an object in the road that's just a bit too far ahead to make out - it may be harmless, but the driver instinctively prepares to swerve should it become necessary.

Also, clowns' purported purpose (try saying that after drinking a glass of milk) is to interact with strangers and do unusual things - for entertainment, yes, and in a safe environment, yes, but it's a context ripe for strangeness, especially if you entertain your first fear of clowns as a child (inherently vulnerable, wary of strangers etc.). It's a bit like small children crying when sitting on Santa's lap, only with more justification.

But no need to take me too seriously on all of this - I'm just some clown on the internet...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Furthermore:

I don't remember being afraid of clowns until I saw Poltergeist in the theaters (I was 13), when the kid (who had my first name, a detail which made it hit too close to home) got grabbed by the clown doll. The whole movie up to that point I was thinking "I don't like that damn clown" and then it happened. I screamed pretty loud along with everyone else. A few years later, SK comes along and perfects the clown-fear response. I also get the chills from unattended balloons.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

There's also the fact that clowns have been used as horror villians for many, many years so people have grown up with an association of clowns = evil.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Pennywise, John Wayne Gacy, The Joker...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

KK from Outer Space! Now that's a movie I haven't seen in years. Might have to hunt that out.

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    KK from Outer Space! Now that's a movie I haven't seen in years. Might have to hunt that out.
    They are planning to turn it into a serie!
    This movie is really fun !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Henry Bowers Gang:

Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

Loving the '80s clothes.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

They look like bastards; this should work.

Speaking of the bad kids; I really really hope that Belch Huggins gets at least as much exposure in these movies as he did in the miniseries (if you haven't, look up "best of Belch Huggins" on YouTube - you'll be glad you did). That was fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast