Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Spiders are scary..so alien looking! The spider in the novel freaked me out, and if they stick with it this time again, they better make it more authentic than the rubber-thing in the original miniseries. But as we know, the giant spider was It's last physical form, and I don't agree with those that the kids should have had a stand-off against just Pennywise. The spider was brilliant!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spiders scare the living daylights out of me personally.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the kid from Hemlock Grove is going to be playing Pennywise.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://movieweb.com/it-movie-cast-lo...-stephen-king/
    There is no shortage of Stephen King adaptations heading to both the big and small screen over the next couple of years, but a fan favorite is finally getting done. The IT remake has been in development hell for quite some time, but now with a director firmly in place and even a release date locked down, the project is moving forward and has started the casting process. Jaeden Lieberher has been tapped to play one of the members of The Losers Club.

Lieberher had a couple of breakout roles in St. Vincent alongside Bill Murray and earlier this year in the indie sci-fi flick Midnight Special. He will be playing Bill Denbrough, the leader of the young friend group known as The Losers Club. The role was originally played by Jonathan Brandis in the TV mini series that up until now has been the only live action adaptation of the beloved novel.

This news comes on the heels of another huge announcement that Hemlock Grove star Bill Skarsgard will be taking on the role of Pennywise the clown, who the main characters in It have to fight as kids and later as adults. The Pennywise casting may come as a bit of surprise because not all that long ago We're The Millers star Will Poulter was announced to be taking on the role of the famous scary clown. That clearly didn't pan out, as the current creative team seems to have a bit of a different take on the material.

Prior to the iteration of the project that is currently gearing up for production, True Detective creator Cary Fukunaga was tapped to direct the film, but he dropped out and Mama helmer Andres Muschietti stepped in. Muschietti then conducted a rewrite of the script and it is very possible that this change in direction is what resulted is Poulter exiting the role.

New Line has said that they plan to make It a two-part movie, which makes total sense given the story. The first film will focus on the younger cast of actors that Lieberher will be a part of and the second film will focus on the same group of people who are all grown up and have to team back up to fight Pennywise. Barbara Muschietti, Roy Lee, Dan Lin, David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith are on board to produce the film as well.

Though many people are familiar with It from the original TV mini-series from the 90s, which featured Tim Curry as Pennywise, this new film will actually be the first big screen adaptation of King's book. As of right now there is no word on who else will be part of The Losers Club alongside Lieberher or who will be taking on the roles of the older versions of the characters, but we will surely find out soon since the film is heading into production. It is currently slated for a September 8, 2017 release.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

God, next year could be great... or not!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...stephen-900672
    Owen Teague, who plays Ben Mendelsohn’s son on Netflix’s Bloodline, has joined the cast of New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It.

Andy Muschietti, the helmer behind the surprise horror hit Mama, is directing the adaptation, which is being told in two parts.

The first part begins shooting in July in Toronto and has been casting up: Bill Skarsgard has the part of the demonic clown Pennywise, while Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs and Jeremy Ray Taylor are the kids he terrorizes.

The story follows a group of kids called the Losers Club who defeat a creature called It. Years later, the creature returns, and the former club members, now adults, have to band together again even though they have no memory of the first battle.

Teague will play Patrick Hocksetter, part of a group of bullies who torment the Losers Club. He is a psychopath and keeps a refrigerator full of animals that he’s killed.

Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Seth Grahame-Smith, David Katzenberg and Barbara Muschietti are producing.

This isn’t the first King adaptation for APA-repped Teague. The young actor also will appear with Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in Cell, based on the King novel.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Losers' club:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    The Losers' club:

They look almost how I picture them....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

That is an amazing cast!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who's playing Beverly?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Who's playing Beverly?
    Likely the girl on the far right in the posted pic...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Just in case it was no joke, I think he's asking about the actress...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Losers' Club compared:

Do I have new Stan, Richie, and Eddie labeled correctly?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good looking bunch of kids. Can't wait see this up on the big screen.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I think the young Bev looks perfect, much better than the original actress, and very much what imagined her to look like in the book. Now they just need to cast Lauren Ambrose for the grownup version and all will be well with the world.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Henry Bowers also has the actor chosen:

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n..._waDc.facebook
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think the young Bev looks perfect, much better than the original actress, and very much what imagined her to look like in the book. Now they just need to cast Lauren Ambrose for the grownup version and all will be well with the world.
    I agree. She looks tomboyish as she should and has an air of toughness about her. I think I'm looking more forward to this remake vs. The Dark Tower.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I agree. She looks tomboyish as she should and has an air of toughness about her. I think I'm looking more forward to this remake vs. The Dark Tower.
    She should have been Asian...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Who's playing Beverly?
    A newcomer, Sophia Lillis.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/it-new-l...mp-1201777627/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Who's playing Beverly?
    A newcomer, Sophia Lillis.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/it-new-l...mp-1201777627/
    She's actually done a couple of things, including this cool short film in 2013:

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...gs-it#/slide/1
    Mama director Andy Muschietti has taken to Instagram to confirm that production has officially begun on Stephen King’s IT! The film will feature Jaeden Lieberher (Midnight Special) as Bill Denbrough, Finn Wolfhard (“Stranger Things”) as Richie Tozier, newcomer Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh, Jack Dylan Grazer (Tales of Halloween) as Stan Uris, Wyatt Oleff (Guardians of the Galaxy) as Eddie Kaspbrak, Chosen Jacobs (“Hawaii Five-0”) as Mike Hanlon and Jeremy Ray Taylor (42) as Ben Hanscom, the younger versions of the story’s protagonists, and with 25-year-old Swedish actor Bill Skarsgard (“Hemlock Grove,” The Divergent Series: Allegiant) as central villain Pennywise the clown.

Based on the novel by Stephen King, the film’s story recalls a promise made twenty-eight years ago that forces seven adults to reunite in Derry, Maine, where as teenagers they battled an evil creature that preyed on the city’s children. Unsure that their Losers Club had vanquished the creature all those years ago, the seven had vowed to return to Derry if IT should ever reappear. Now, children are being murdered again and their repressed memories of that summer return as they prepare to do battle with the monster lurking in Derry’s sewers once more.

The film is set to be released in two parts with Part One will focusing on the group of teens called the Losers Club, while Part Two is set around the repercussions on these characters as adults. Stephen King’s IT Part One will be released on September 8, 2017.

The remake is being produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg.

IT was previously adapted into a television miniseries in 1990 from director Tommy Lee Wallace and featured Tim Curry’s iconic performance as the title character. The feature film remake has been in-development for some time and was previously going to be directed by auteur Cary Fukunaga (Beasts of No Nation, True Detective) with the young English actor Will Poulter (We’re the Millers, The Maze Runner) originally cast as Pennywise.

Country
    Country Flag

You mean the chair hasn't been delivered to Bob yet? .

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/wh...en-king-s-it-/
    More locations in Port Hope have become backdrops for the filming of Stephen King's 'It.'

Third Act Productions is slated to begin filming the feature film adaptation of Stephen King's 'It' in the Municipality of Port Hope on July 11.

Based on the novel of the same name, 'It' follows seven young friends in 1989 who spend their summer battling an evil presence lurking beneath their small town, Derry, Maine. Filming is slated for various locations around the municipality between Monday, July 11 and Monday, July 18. As of July 8, Port Hope had undergone a number of changes to transform it into Derry.

Here is a list of 10 changes in Port Hope:

1. Port Hope Municipal hall is now Derry Public Library.

2. The Port Hope Tourism Centre is now a City of Derry office.

3. Ganaraska Financial is now Montgomery Financial.

4. Port Hope Capitol Theatre is now showing Batman and Lethal Weapon 2.

5. Gould’s Shoes store front on Walton Street changed to a butcher shop.

6. The Avanti Hair Design store front changed to Tony’s Barber Shop.

7. An empty storefront at 36 Walton Street changed to Reliance Cleaner’s.

8. Queen Street Tattoo store front changed to Derry Scoop.

9. A statue of Paul Bunyan was erected in Memorial Park.

10. US flags now hang in place of Canadian flags downtown.

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/ne...-in-port-hope/
    The preliminary shooting schedule was as follows:

Monday, July 11

• Port Hope Town Hall

• Memorial Park cenotaph

• Queen Street between Walton and Robertson streets

• Capitol Theatre

Tuesday, July 12

• Intersection of Mill and Walton streets

• Walton Street bridge

• In front and behind 16-22 Walton Street

• Port Hope Town Hall

Wednesday, July 13

• Queen Street between Walton and Roberston streets

• Memorial Park

Thursday, July 14

• The alley between Gould’s Shoe’s and Avanti Hair Design

• John and Hayward streets

Friday, July 15

• Cavan Street between Highland Drive and Ravine Drive

• Victoria Street South between Trafalgar Street and Sullivan Street

Monday, July 18

• Watson’s Guardian Drugs

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope this means we're getting the statue scene, that's one of my favorite bits from the book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else incredulous that two of the biggest King adaptations are being filmed simultaneously and will be released months apart?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast