Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Boom shanka.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Saw Bill Skarsgard in ATOMIC BLONDE this weekend. Dark Tower trailer beforehand, but no It trailer, so I guess this made up for it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

135 minutes? Wow, if true that's great.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    135 minutes? Wow, if true that's great.
    It's not great, it's disappointing!

Even with this adaptation being made into two parts, 135 minutes for each movie is nowhere near long enough....

Each movie needs to be at least 180 minutes in length in order to do justice to the source material.

At this rate, the pacing is going to be rushed and important plotlines omitted.

Not cool!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Over two hours is far more than most American horror films get (and the DT film couldn't even get that). There's no way an R-rated horror movie would have gotten a three hour running time in America. If the second movie follows suit that's four and a half hours which is considerably longer than the original miniseries which was three altogether. And the miniseries covered a lot of ground all things considered.

There's a lot of stuff in the novel that can be trimmed or removed outright. The bulk of the "seven phone calls" section where we have lengthy backstories on Stan's wife or Bev's husband for example. The entirety of the sections featuring Adrian Mellon or Eddie Corocan could be excised completely. The Derry interludes can probably just be alluded to. The miniseries made the right choice in chopping out the "Bev's husband returns" subplot in that it really goes nowhere except to bring Audra to It so it wouldn't surprise me if they followed suit here as well. And so on.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

You make a good point about the runtime. It's true three hour plus films rarely get made in the US, let alone R-rated ones and even less so horror films. I just went searching for the longest horror films and for the US, The Shining (US cut) clocks in at 142 minutes.

Here's a list of American films over three hours long and none of them are horror, although The Green Mile does make the list.

The Longest (American) Movies of All Time

A 10 year old post so probably more can be added to the list.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You make a good point about the runtime. It's true three hour plus films rarely get made in the US, let alone R-rated ones and even less so horror films. I just went searching for the longest horror films and for the US, The Shining (US cut) clocks in at 142 minutes.

Here's a list of American films over three hours long and none of them are horror, although The Green Mile does make the list.

The Longest (American) Movies of All Time

A 10 year old post so probably more can be added to the list.
    Very cool post. I would not call Green Mile horror but some might... I think this is GREAT news. Something about this movie feels right to me... like in one of my top fav movies right... I am really excited BUT glad it is not more time wise. Hard to sit still for a 3+ our movie.. for anyone really.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Really we can't compare movie run-time to page count either. SK himself has mentioned that he sometimes suffers from diarrhea of the typewriter.

My daughter said she doesn't like reading his books because he spends 10 pages describing a wall.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Really we can't compare movie run-time to page count either. SK himself has mentioned that he sometimes suffers from diarrhea of the typewriter.

My daughter said she doesn't like reading his books because he spends 10 pages describing a wall.
    My daughter says the same thing
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

My daughter said the same thing in a 6 page email.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

My daughter said the same thing in a 6 page email.
    +1
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great interview with Barbara Muschietti: http://collider.com/it-movie-barbara...tti-interview/

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Then she should better not read Koontz. He can describe a dog in almost a chapter, if not two

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    There's a lot of stuff in the novel that can be trimmed or removed outright. The bulk of the "seven phone calls" section where we have lengthy backstories on Stan's wife or Bev's husband for example. The entirety of the sections featuring Adrian Mellon or Eddie Corocan could be excised completely. The Derry interludes can probably just be alluded to. The miniseries made the right choice in chopping out the "Bev's husband returns" subplot in that it really goes nowhere except to bring Audra to It so it wouldn't surprise me if they followed suit here as well. And so on.
    I was going to say the same thing about the Interludes. That's a good example of trimming the fat without losing any of the substance of the novel.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I actually liked the subplot of Bev's husband's return to Derry. It might have been unnecessary in some ways, but I felt it was creepy...also, he was such an asshole, so it was great to see him get his demise. If only something similar had happened to Bev's father

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

What would be cool as far as the interludes go is if the studio produced short (10 - 15 minutes) films of them and released them online in between the two theatrical releases. Won't happen but would be awesome!

What would be cool as far as the interludes go is if the studio produced short (10 - 15 minutes) films of them and released them online in between the two theatrical releases. Won't happen but would be awesome!
    Hear! Like they did with these Haven Origins webisodes for one of the last seasons of Haven.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, you never know. Look at Alien: Covenant. They released a few prologues prior to the movie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What would be cool as far as the interludes go is if the studio produced short (10 - 15 minutes) films of them...
    This is why the one truly perfect platform for adaptation is long-form cable: you get the production values, writing, effects, freedom from the censor, and pleeeeenty of room for all the details. Cut nothing.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing there will be tons of exised scenes that will make it to the BD. Or, maybe even director's cut.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I too wish they had gone the route of cable tv. But a theatrical film is probably a lot more profitable. And if done right could be really good. I'm pretty pleased with the run time. I was worried it was going to be chopped down to a quick 90 min, because most horror films are on the shorter side. So glad that's not the case. I know a lot of the little details I love will be cut out. Like the Eddie Corocan story. I'm worried they're going to remove Patrick Hocksetter's story as well, but it's one of my favorites so I'm hoping they find a way to incorporate it somehow. I heard there's going to be no spider. While that might be good because it's hard to visually translate to film, what will they do? Maybe just not show It, like in Blair Witch, and let the audience use their imagination?

Also I would love it if they released little mini episodes. Maybe for the DVD...
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I heard there's going to be no spider. While that might be good because it's hard to visually translate to film, what will they do? Maybe just not show It, like in Blair Witch, and let the audience use their imagination?
    This was probably the worst part of the entire miniseries and the thing I am most curious about with the new film.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I heard there's going to be no spider. While that might be good because it's hard to visually translate to film, what will they do? Maybe just not show It, like in Blair Witch, and let the audience use their imagination?
    This was probably the worst part of the entire miniseries and the thing I am most curious about with the new film.
    That damned spider. Please please please don't have The Spider in the remake.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

They just need another way to show/imply that It is feeding. I don't favor anything specific, but there's got to be a million ways to do that that don't remind one of this:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast