+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Results 1,176 to 1,180 of 1180

Thread: The It remake

Citizen of Gilead St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy is a name known to all St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Love SoN and prefer it to It but the storylines are too similar: six kids, five boys and a girl, band together to fight an ancient evil entity over the course of a coming of age summer.
    Too similar? No such thing in the eyes of movie producers - to them, similar = low risk. I'm just hoping their bottom-line focus yields a good movie as a side effect.
    ...And my ashes drift beneath the silver sky
    Where a boy rides on a bike and never smiles...

Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX will become famous soon enough RichardX will become famous soon enough RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought after all the glowing reviews. The cast came off more "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" than "Stand by Me" but still a watchable movie. Some of the changes were bizarre like the Mike Hanlon back story but I've given up trying to puzzle out why Hollywood does certain things.

Losers Club Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought after all the glowing reviews. The cast came off more "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" than "Stand by Me" but still a watchable movie. Some of the changes were bizarre like the Mike Hanlon back story but I've given up trying to puzzle out why Hollywood does certain things.
    Yes, that's what happened to me as well. I saw it right away, but it was getting good reviews, and it sounded like people were saying it was a good adaptation (which I definitely disagree with) so I was expecting just that. Then as I was watching it there were all these crazy changes, most of which made no sense to me. I guess I should stop wondering why Hollywood does stuff like that, but some of it really is baffling. The one thing I did love though was the kids. Still hoping to see it again so I can hopefully just appreciate it for a good horror film, and not think about the book.
    We all float down here

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing like striking while the iron is hot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48