Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1731

Thread: The It remake

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Love SoN and prefer it to It but the storylines are too similar: six kids, five boys and a girl, band together to fight an ancient evil entity over the course of a coming of age summer.
    Too similar? No such thing in the eyes of movie producers - to them, similar = low risk. I'm just hoping their bottom-line focus yields a good movie as a side effect.
    Eastasia has always provided Drag Queen Story Hour to young children.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought after all the glowing reviews. The cast came off more "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" than "Stand by Me" but still a watchable movie. Some of the changes were bizarre like the Mike Hanlon back story but I've given up trying to puzzle out why Hollywood does certain things.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I ended up not enjoying it as much as I thought after all the glowing reviews. The cast came off more "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" than "Stand by Me" but still a watchable movie. Some of the changes were bizarre like the Mike Hanlon back story but I've given up trying to puzzle out why Hollywood does certain things.
    Yes, that's what happened to me as well. I saw it right away, but it was getting good reviews, and it sounded like people were saying it was a good adaptation (which I definitely disagree with) so I was expecting just that. Then as I was watching it there were all these crazy changes, most of which made no sense to me. I guess I should stop wondering why Hollywood does stuff like that, but some of it really is baffling. The one thing I did love though was the kids. Still hoping to see it again so I can hopefully just appreciate it for a good horror film, and not think about the book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing like striking while the iron is hot.

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Apperently both films' release dates have something in common:

9+8+2+0+1+7=27
    9+6+2+0+1+9=27

Ka is at work here

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    That isn't all the issue is. The kids are just hitting puberty for the most part and could DRASTICALLY change looks and size wise if they waiting and they will be used heavily in the sequel...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That isn't all the issue is. The kids are just hitting puberty for the most part and could DRASTICALLY change looks and size wise if they waiting and they will be used heavily in the sequel...
    During publicity for the film, the actor who plays Eddie already looked like he'd had a growth spurt.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe I read or saw something that they shot a bunch of scenes that were either deleted and/or could be used in Chapter Two.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I believe I read or saw something that they shot a bunch of scenes that were either deleted and/or could be used in Chapter Two.
    The actor who plays Bill said he and the other young actors would be involved in the filming of Chapter 2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they'll start shooting early next year, spring maybe?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they'll start shooting early next year, spring maybe?
    They will have to...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So a few changes that kind of annoyed me... spoilers.

Spoiler:
    1. Bill thinking Georgie might be alive. Really didn't add anything and there was no doubt that he was dead (arm torn off and dragged into the sewer) so there wasn't a whole lot of tension.

2. Everything with Bev's dad. I never understood the reason for him making a full-blown child molester here.

3. Giving Keane's placebo talk to the random girl. Was almost a non-event in the film and didn't even seem like a big deal to Eddie when he found out as opposed to the panic attack he had in the book.

In all three cases the miniseries handled these better.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does anyone know where there might be a summary of Fukunaga's original script and/or a list of differences between that and what they ended up actually shooting? I know bits have been mentioned and described earlier in this thread, but I have avoided all of that and now that I've seen the movie, I'd like to dive into that material.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. No need for the kids that look drastically different (2-3 years is a crazy growth/change time for early teens).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Does anyone know where there might be a summary of Fukunaga's original script and/or a list of differences between that and what they ended up actually shooting?
    Yes, but it obviously is being held tight to the vest.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm actually just thinking specifically of things that were already posted here, not breaching the privacy of something that hasn't yet been posted.

The biggest difference between what Fukunaga was going to shoot and the final film lay in the characterization of Pennywise, who utilises much more of his shapeshifting abilities in the Muschietti version, and the 3rd act showdown which is entirely different. And of course Fukunaga's version would've featured 6 kids, making Richie a closeted Jew with the last name Goldfarb, and a goldfish named Stanley.

Also there was a bizarre reveal that Pennywise attacked Al Marsh as a boy, but let him live so he could grow up to sexually molest Bev every night and It could feed off of her fear.

I need to give the different drafts a reread, but a lot of Fukunaga's structure and character development was kept intact.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

thanks

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Does anyone know where there might be a summary of Fukunaga's original script and/or a list of differences between that and what they ended up actually shooting? I know bits have been mentioned and described earlier in this thread, but I have avoided all of that and now that I've seen the movie, I'd like to dive into that material.
    http://screenrant.com/it-movie-2017-...cary-fukunaga/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

This concerns an earlier draft, much was changed after revisions. Interestingly enough the final film did bring back elements from that early script, like Mike at the farm, Butch Bowers being a cop and Pennywise crawling out of a fridge. If there is interest in snooping through the scripts, send me a PM.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    The biggest difference between what Fukunaga was going to shoot and the final film lay in the characterization of Pennywise, who utilises much more of his shapeshifting abilities in the Muschietti version, and the 3rd act showdown which is entirely different. And of course Fukunaga's version would've featured 6 kids, making Richie a closeted Jew with the last name Goldfarb, and a goldfish named Stanley.

Also there was a bizarre reveal that Pennywise attacked Al Marsh as a boy, but let him live so he could grow up to sexually molest Bev every night and It could feed off of her fear.

I need to give the different drafts a reread, but a lot of Fukunaga's structure and character development was kept intact.
    Kind of relieved Fukunaga was taken off hearing that.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Plus there was some sheep lovin' apparently.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was despondent when Fukunaga left the project, thinking "there goes our shot at a truly great It movie," but after seeing a lot of what he had in mind, I am very happy things went as they did.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nald-mcdonald/
    If you have coulrophobia — a fear of clowns — anyone in a wig and face paint with a red nose is terrifying. Maybe that’s why Burger King’s Russian operations seem to be a little confused by two very famous clowns. On one end of the spectrum, there’s Ronald McDonald: The mascot of their fast-food competitor is well-intentioned and benevolent (but still a little bit creepy in the way that all clowns are creepy). He looks like the guy in the Waldo shirt, waving to children while delivering merriment and Happy Meals.

On the other side, there’s Pennywise, the villain of Stephen King’s “It,” which was just rebooted in a resounding box office success.

Pretty different, right? They both have red hair and noses, and white faces, but one clearly looks like he’s going to try to cheer up sick kids at a hospital, and the other looks like he’s going to lure those kids to their deaths. But Burger King Russia has filed an official government complaint to the Federal Anti-Monopoly Service demanding the film be pulled from theaters because — inexplicably — they think that Pennywise’s supposed resemblance to Ronald gives McDonald’s an unfair advantage. Yes, they think a clown that terrorizes children in a horror movie is driving customers to their competitor.

The idea that McDonald’s is benefiting from Ronald’s resemblance to Pennywise is, of course, laughably misguided. After a spate of creepy clown sightings around the world last year, McDonald’s cut back on appearances for its mascot, which they told the Associated Press was an attempt to be “thoughtful in respect to Ronald McDonald’s participation in community events” as a result of the “current climate around clown sightings in communities.” And you can bet McDonald’s isn’t happy about this parody trailer for “It” that stars Ronald McDonald instead (the video contains crude language and gore).

“It” opened Sept. 7 in Russia and has grossed $14 million in the country so far, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Meanwhile, Burger King has been making a big push in the Russian market, and has introduced a new cryptocurrency, WhopperCoin, for Russian customers. The “It” complaint was first reported by the Russian publication Vedomosti.

Newsweek reported that Andrey Kashevarov, deputy head of the FAS, told publications, including Russian news agency Ria Novosti, it was not concerned with the content of the film because the “author of the script [and] the director” have their own “artistic perception” of the Pennywise character. One that presumably doesn’t involve adventures with his friends Grimace and Mayor McCheese.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast