Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. As with many of King's works, this one is a long way off-if ever. If Warner Bros. hired a screenwriter to adapt this that is early on in the process.
    Thanks for the post, but seeing as how this movie is a long way off, this will be moved to The Gem Theater with a 1 day redirect.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The only exception to this rule, of course, is Mick Garris, who couldnt direct traffic in a one-horse town, let alone a decent movie. Fan or no, there has so be some directing ability, too.

I had to quote this because I completely agree with everything you just said.
    I just wonder why he's gotten to do so many King adaptations. If you look at the films he's directed, I'd say a good half are based on King stories.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Darabont might be able to make a good adaption...and hey, The Dark Knight was a long movie and Warner Brothers loved it. Maybe WB will give the writer/director as much time as he needs to tell the story, and tell it truer to the book than the old one with Tim Curry,

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Either Frank Darabont directs it or it shouldn't be done. Simple as that.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/311...remake-rated-r

"The remake will be set in the mid-1980s and in the present almost equally — mirroring the twenty-odd-year gap King uses in the book — and with a great deal of care and attention paid to the backstories of all the characters. I think the real twist here is that my pitch to WB — which they've assured me they're on board for — is that this will not be PG-13. This will be R. Which means we can really honor the book and engage with the traumas (both the paranormal ones and those they deal with at home and school) that these character endure. I plan to be very protective of the book. The reality, though, is that WB wants to do this as a single film, so I will have to kill a few darlings to make that happen. You have my promise, though, that I will do this with the utmost humility and respect for King's work. He's the King, after all, and I intend to continue to pledge to him my allegiance."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't know, I still don't see how it's going to be possible to be faithful with only 1 theatrical film. So much is going to have to be cut out of it. Honestly, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't go any further. I don't want to see another bad adaptation of my favorite story.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I don't know, I still don't see how it's going to be possible to be faithful with only 1 theatrical film. So much is going to have to be cut out of it. Honestly, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't go any further. I don't want to see another bad adaptation of my favorite story.
    The first one was great while they were kids. Its important to remember that a book the size of IT could never be faithfully reproduced in every aspect. Its a different medium and if King is down, then I am. It could work, you never know.

I did enjoy the parts when they were kids, but the adult portion of the movie was terrible. I think alot of that was also due to the fact that I didn't care for the actors they chose for those roles.

I should reserve judgment until I see it, but I just don't see how it's possible. Of course, we'll see, you never know. Maybe it'll surprise me and I'll love it.

What I would love to see is a series adapted from the book. Alas, I know that'll never happen, but it could be amazing if done properly.

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The new "It" film

http://www.collider.com/2009/12/22/p...phen-kings-it/

According to [Producer Dan] Lin, Dave Kajganich is turning in a draft of It over Christmas.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pablo!

Spoiler:
    ...but please change "an" to "a" in the thread title.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Whoops! I guess at first I wanted to type just "an update" but then qualified it with "tiny"...

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

omg i can't wait!!
    I despise the original movie and think that its literally a waste of 3 hours of my life!!!!!

I have igh hopes for this!!!

jamesey
    xxx

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds interesting. I'm awaiting it with a mix of happyness and reservation of judgment. Hopefully it will impress me.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

John F. Kennedy Blaine Is A Pain is on a distinguished road

Another one of these were the geek in me is dying to see it get made, but then again it could turn out to be really, really bad.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/01/...phen-kings-it/

In early 2009, it was announced that Warner Bros was developing a big screen adaptation of Stephen King’s novel IT. They hired screenwriter Dave Kajganich , who wrote the initial drafts of The Invasion, to pen the screenplay adaptation. We haven’t heard much about the project since. But now we have an update, after the jump.

When I was younger, I read a lot of Stephen King books. Over the years, Hollywood has turned a lot of King’s library of work into crappy horror adaptations — The Shining and Carrie might be the two exceptions. For a writer known primarily as a horror novelist, it’s surprising that the movie adaptations of his non-horror stories, like Green Mile, Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption, are probably better known, and definitely more revered. But if you asked me when I was 11-years old, what my favorite Stephen King movie was, I would quickly tell you — the 1990 television miniseries adaptation of It. It scared me, kept me up, and I loved it. I remember rewatching the VHS copy that I had recorded off of cable, over and over again.

My biggest concern of a big screen adaptation is that I’m not sure that the property could be cut down to fit into the standard 90 or 100-minute movie. The paperback is 1,104 pages, and the miniseries clocked in at 192 minutes (over 3 hours). And if the idea of a 100 minute movie worries me. I haven’t seen It in years, and I’m sure its one of those films that doesn’t live up to my childhood memories. Could It benefit from a redo? Probably. But as a 120-minute feature film?

Screenwriter Dave Kajganich talked recently to the Stephen King fansite Lilja’s Library, providing an update on the big screen adaptation. Here is an excerpt:

When I heard Warner Bros. was going to give the novel a go theatrically, I went after the job hard. I knew the studio was committed to adapting IT as a single film, so I went back and reread the novel to see if I thought this was even possible, and to try to find a structure that would accommodate such a large number of characters in two different time periods, around 120 pages, which was another of the studio’s stipulations. Had I not worked with the producers before, I might have been more tentative about trying to pull off such a massive undertaking, but I’d worked with Dan Lin, Roy Lee, and Doug Davison on our original version of The Invasion, and I knew they would fight for good storytelling, and would also give me the time I needed to work out a solid first draft, which they did. They really went to bat for that. We’ve done some tinkering with it and I am just about to turn that draft in to the studio, so we’ll soon know a lot more. In all of my talks with the studio, it has only ever been discussed as a single feature film. The book’s length is clearly more suited to a mini-series—and I understand very well why they went that route the last time around—but I think the book’s content is really more appropriate for cinema. I told the studio from the beginning that I felt I needed to be able to write for an R rating, since I wanted to be as candid as the novel about the terrible things the characters go through as kids. They agreed and off I went. … I think the biggest difference [between the big screen adaptation and the miniseries] is that we’re working with about two-thirds the onscreen time they had for the miniseries. That sounds dire, I know, but it doesn’t necessarily mean two-thirds the amount of story. I’m finding as many ways as I can to make certain scenes redundant by deepening and doubling others. To me, this is an interesting process because it has the effect of thematically intensifying the whole, but it can lead to dramatic surprises. Certain scenes I thought would be crucial to the coherence of the whole ended up cut, while other scenes, which were somewhat cursory in the book, ended up being pivotal in the script. I know I’m being vague, but there’s not a lot I can tell you at this point about the specifics, since we’re still very much in development on it. I’ll just say for now that we’re really swinging for the fences.

And while Kajganich doesn’t know if or when the project will go into production, he says that he’s “been told the project is a priority for Warner Bros. and the plan is to go big with it, so I assume it will be as soon as possible.” Read the whole interview which features much more discussion on the topic, on Lilja’s Library.

The official book description follows: “They were just kids when they stumbled upon the hidden horror of their hometown. Now, as adults, none of them can withstand the force that has drawn them all back to Derry, Maine, to face the nightmare without end, and the evil without a name.” The book is availabe for around $9 on Amazon.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

I dont think that it will work. I would rather see it as a mini-series on showtime or HBO...realistically, a two hour movie cant possibly do it justice. Im also not impressed with the screenwriter for reasons I cant put my hand on.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! I thought this project was dead. The last time I heard about it I thought I was told that SyFy picked up the rights--which terrified me. Although I still do not think that this can be done properly in two hours, at least the screenwriter acknowledges that challenge and is trying to do his best with it. I guess we'll see.
    Heng Dai

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This was always one of my favorite SK books. I've always though the movie was ok but I always hated the ending.

My daughters spend the night at a friend's house and made the mistake of watching it once. Ever since then they've been a little weird about the bathroom sink.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King's 'It' to Be Adapted Into Two Films

Warner Bros’ adaptation of the classic Stephen King novel It has a director and writer.

Cary Fukunaga, the hot-shot filmmaker behind last year’s adaptation of Jane Eyre, is boarding the project as director and will co-write the script with Chase Palmer, who previously adapted Frank Herbert’s Dune for Paramount.

Roy Lee and Dan Lin are producing It, as are Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Production.

A best-selling book when it was published in1986, It, like The Stand, is one of King’s biggest and most dense tomes, and the plan is for Fukunaga and Palmer to adapt the work into two films.

The story follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle.

The book was previously adapted in 1990 as an ABC miniseries that starred John Ritter, Harry Anderson, Tim Reid, Annette O'Toole, Richard Thomas and Tim Curry played Pennywise.
    Warners picked up the rights in 2009 and originally intended to adapt it into a single movie. Jon Silk is co-producing. Fukunaga won the directing award at the Sundance Film Festival for his drama Sin Nombre. He is attached to develop HBO’s True Detective, which has Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey attached as stars.

Palmer, an award-winning shorts director, first worked with Fukunaga on Focus’ No Blood, No, Guts, No Glory.

Fukunaga and Palmer are repped by WME. Fukunaga is additionally repped by Anonymous Content and Lichter Grossman while Palmer is also repped by The Gotham Group and Weissman Wolff.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...pted-by-334899

----

IMO the only way another version of It would be necessary is if they made it a 10+ hr miniseries on HBO. As cheesy as the original was you can't top Tim Curry's performance so you'd have to make it really faithful for it not to be a waste of time.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

What happened with Kajganich?

I personally would love to see a new adaptation while at the same time I'm very worried about one because I don't think it can live up to the greatness of the book. I wasn't a fan of the original miniseries. Tim Curry was really good as Pennywise, and the kid portions were fairly good as well. But the whole adult scenes were really bad in my opinion. And I wish they would go the route of doing a tv series. One season on HBO or something would be perfect. You could include almost everything in it, and not be limited to what you can or can not show.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

From what my husband heard, it's supposed to be presented as two theatrical releases? At least that's the rumor... I'm trying to imagine a good spot to split the story into two separate movies, and what the titles would be. IT and IT II?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This one could certainly use a reworking. IT could and should be done as a hardcore horror film. The TV movie is a bit dated and flawed. Fans of the book are never going to be satisfied by a two-hour movie. Too much would need to be cut from the storyline. But it could still be done. How about a double feature? Tarantino did that a while back with this grindhouse movies. It was a major bust so it's unlikely to be repeated by the studios but that might be the ticket here. 3D was dead for a long time before a major comeback.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooohhhhh, not sure about this...
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast